Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Spock V. Worf

  1. #46
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Kirk holding his own against Spock consisted of Kirk taking a beating. Nothing he did effected Spock.
    Kirk knocked out mirror Spock with a skull (though he needed a few other people to distract Spock). In a novel or comic it was said Kirk holds his own sparring with Spock in the gym...the character saying it was a little awestruck at the idea.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  2. #47
    Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Kirk knocked out mirror Spock with a skull (though he needed a few other people to distract Spock). In a novel or comic it was said Kirk holds his own sparring with Spock in the gym...the character saying it was a little awestruck at the idea.
    In other Star Trek novels, it was said that a human stood absolutely no chance against a vulcan in a hand-to-hand fight. Novels don't mean much.

    Also the key was hth. Clearly, Kirk knocked Spock out with an attack from behind by hitting him with something, even if that something didn't seem nearly as durable as it was supposed to be. Though that was an alternate reality vulcan. :)

  3. #48

    Default

    Is the basic consensus that Spock wins in hand-2-hand and Worf takes it with melee weapons?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  4. #49
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Is the basic consensus that Spock wins in hand-2-hand and Worf takes it with melee weapons?
    I can get behind that.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  5. #50

  6. #51
    Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    You need to count DS9 (although I didn't watch that whole video).

    However, I will say I think I was unfair to Kirk and Spock. In addition to fighting each other in "Amok Time", they had sword fights against klingons in "Day of the Dove". An entity was manufacturing ancient weapons, sometimes to order by reading minds. For instance, a claymore suddenly appeared in a rack of swords and Scotty commented that he had just been thinking of one what with all these swords appearing. Of course, bathliths hadn't been created yet so it was all swords. But both Kirk and Spock defeated several klingons in sword fights and Kirk fought Kang one against one with swords and beat him. And Kirk didn't even want to fight. There's a point in the fight where Kang looks down and realizes that Kirk has maneuvered the sword point right to his throat and chose not to deliver the death strike.

    So I wouldn't count Worf vs. Spock each with their chosen melee weapon as an easy win for Worf but I do think he has better feats and far more of them.

    Conversely in hth, Spock has better feats and more of them.

  7. #52
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Why did they even keep him on the ship if they didn't bother listening to him?

  8. #53

    Default

    I can only remember one crowning moment of awesome for Worf in the tng era.

    There was this psychic predator attacking Deanna Troi.

    She was throwing everything at him, and he kept advancing.

    Worf comes in and knocks him out in one punch. :D
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

    “We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

  9. #54
    Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    I can only remember one crowning moment of awesome for Worf in the tng era.

    There was this psychic predator attacking Deanna Troi.

    She was throwing everything at him, and he kept advancing.

    Worf comes in and knocks him out in one punch. :D
    There was also a guy who was genetically enhanced, sort of a Khan-like character. I'm not saying he was necessarily on Khan's strength level though he may have been. He was definitely faster than Khan ever was. I remember my friends gasping when he punched Worf and Worf punched him right back and slammed him into a wall. The fight ended with the guy toppling some heavy crates onto Worf. So, even though he lost the fight, there was still a question as to who would have won strictly hth.

  10. #55

    Default

    Is Worf outclassed strength wise by Spock and would Worf be able to deflect a full power Lirpa strike from Spock?

    Vulcans also have the Ahn'woon that gladiator net/bolas thing which I think would be pretty useful. Worf also gets use of the Klingon dagger with the 3 blades the D'k tahg and there's a scimitar looking short sword called the mek'leth. They don't have the kind of reach that the Bat'leth has though. If he can close the gap and disarm Spock of the Lirpa I don't think Vulcans have any close range melee weapons to attack with.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  11. #56
    Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Is Worf outclassed strength wise by Spock and would Worf be able to deflect a full power Lirpa strike from Spock?

    Vulcans also have the Ahn'woon that gladiator net/bolas thing which I think would be pretty useful. Worf also gets use of the Klingon dagger with the 3 blades the D'k tahg and there's a scimitar looking short sword called the mek'leth. They don't have the kind of reach that the Bat'leth has though. If he can close the gap and disarm Spock of the Lirpa I don't think Vulcans have any close range melee weapons to attack with.
    I think Spock clearly has better strength feats. But with people skilled in their weapons, I don't think it would come down to someone having to block a full-force strike. They'd deflect it. Worf just has more feats with a batlith. Spock only has the one showing with the Lirpa and it was pretty basic.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •