Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Yeah the one benefit of the Kents was that there was a possibility of Smallville set comics reflecting to back in the days adventures of Clark Kent Superboy with either Kon or Kara.

That setting would have been unique among other comics today.

Yes but honestly I'm liking the idea of the two of them (Supergirl and Superboy) having to find there own path in life. Also the idea that Superman now gets to take on the role as the real mentor to these two (or at lest one of them) is pretty cool because I could argue that back in the days before the new 52 Superman shrugged off such responsibility and just dumped them with someone he thought would do a better job than him (Kents, Amazons, Batman ect.). Now in this canon we may see a shift, but it's not like I'm hoping for it or anything it would just be harder for him to "pawn them off" if he thinks they could use a mentor.

I just read this for the second time, and as usual the fun of unpacking a Morrison comic just doen't end. The Dance with Lana and Clark looking like he won the lottery because she liked him, wow too great. The 5th dimensional stuff was just beautiful and I love good old Vartox. Once again I found myself asking, why isn't Sholly Fisch taking a Superman title. Love Lobdell on the other title but it seems odd that Fisch isn't moving up front to Action. Did he want the job? Does he do action style comics? His backups remind me of the backups in X Men Classics, the reprints of the Byrne Claremont years. They slowed down all the Space Opera and focused on small, subtle moments.I have been knocked out by the emotion of Fisch's work. Is he an architect of New 52's Superman backstory? He seems to follow some story telling beats, but I wonder if he is due some credit for new Supes? Odd that hes not on the Horizon, I have enjoyed his Smallville stories more than Loeb on Superman for All Seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Honestly I still have a few questions from this issue, and maybe this one could be answered by #12 but...why is l'il Suzy on Mars hunting Superman?
    They're not on Mars, we don't know what happened with the confrontation on Mars yet. Or why Susie is with the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yes but honestly I'm liking the idea of the two of them (Supergirl and Superboy) having to find there own path in life. Also the idea that Superman now gets to take on the role as the real mentor to these two (or at lest one of them) is pretty cool because I could argue that back in the days before the new 52 Superman shrugged off such responsibility and just dumped them with someone he thought would do a better job than him (Kents, Amazons, Batman ect.). Now in this canon we may see a shift, but it's not like I'm hoping for it or anything it would just be harder for him to "pawn them off" if he thinks they could use a mentor.
    Yeah the current stories are okay. Supergirl is good. Superboy not at all.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

Yeah the current stories are okay. Supergirl is good. Superboy not at all.
    I gotta go ahead and agree with you again. Supergirl's not bad, but Superboy is just not to my liking at all.

Hey did you catch that "Comet and the wanders" line that Superman said this issue? Seems like Cap. is on his way back to help Superman and he's got friends now!

I gotta go ahead and agree with you again. Supergirl's not bad, but Superboy is just not to my liking at all.
    Minus Action Comics, I think Superboy was the strongest of the superbooks when it first started out. Then it just went through crap and I dropped it pretty easily. But it's a shame cuz I thought it started with a lot of potential. I think what Lobdell did was quite impressive to say the least. Currently the Superboy book needs a creative change badly. Personally I feel it's just not on par with the rest of the superbooks and certainly not what it started like.

Oh yeah no doubt the potential was there and it was very imaginative at the start but the drop in quality was just nasty. I look forward to when it's good again.

Hey did you catch that "Comet and the wanders" line that Superman said this issue? Seems like Cap. is on his way back to help Superman and he's got friends now!
    Yeah I caught it. Wanderers I think were a future group like LOSH- sometimes adversary and sometime allies. They cannot quite bring LOSH to present all teh time but I guess they can start a book called -Superman in Space (or Superman and the Wanderers) to showcase Superman's adventure in space. The Color Lanterns are getting dull - shoot and point and finish.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

Hold on do you know the wanders are a future group or is it just speculation? Personally I think the wanders are just a group of aliens that Comet gathered to fight the Multitude. But as for having more stories with them I'd like it if Lobdell would pick up this idea in his Superman book because he seems very comfortable with writing Superman in space. I'd love a team up or two with Superman and Cap. Comet.

What do u think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I guess in 3 issues we could all go back to being dumb again.
    Sadly, yes... :( I don't mind big, dumb comics, I rather loved Loeb's Red Hulk after all, but there's something to be said for stories like this as well. There's too few of them! But then, so very few authors are capable of doing them. The only one outside of Morrison I can think of, that's currently active in mainstream-comics would probably be Jonathan Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
    Absolutely agreed!!! Loved this issue, how it tied things together and provided insight into the overall storytelling of his entire arc. Pure brilliance!! It's a perfect example of how Morrison really appreciates the literary potential of Superman like so few writers do. It's not just Superman brawling with some brute (I'm looking at you pre-52 Atlas) but he's using concepts and ideas and showing us how Superman literally makes the impossible possible. It's beautiful to anyone who appreciates the raw nature of the imagination. It's inspiring to anyone who thrives on creativity! This is just great. I'm really going to miss him when he leaves. I'm glad he's given us this fantastic run. Well done Morrison...well done.
    You're right, I should have said something about the beating impossible odds -thing as well! =) Can't wait for the finale, when Superman finally turns the tables on Vyndktvx and WINS in all 5 time periods! It's going to be a pretty glorious moment...

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    Exactly.

Morrison is literally explaining events from his entire run with this issue.

It was brilliant, mind bending and touching.
    Yep. So good to see that there are others appreciating this issue! ^^

Hold on do you know the wanders are a future group or is it just speculation? Personally I think the wanders are just a group of aliens that Comet gathered to fight the Multitude. But as for having more stories with them I'd like it if Lobdell would pick up this idea in his Superman book because he seems very comfortable with writing Superman in space. I'd love a team up or two with Superman and Cap. Comet.

What do u think?
    No they are a pre-existing concept. Here's the wiki link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanderers_%28comics%29
    Though I have not read it yet.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.

No they are a pre-existing concept. Here's the wiki link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanderers_%28comics%29
    Though I have not read it yet.
    Oh wow I had no idea, thanks for the info. They actually sound a lot more interesting than the LOSH (never really got into them all that much aside from a few times). I hope I'm right in thinking that Captain Comet leader (reminds me of his old book). I hope Grant uses the pre crisis Wanders.

Oh wow I had no idea, thanks for the info. They actually sound a lot more interesting than the LOSH (never really got into them all that much aside from a few times). I hope I'm right in thinking that Captain Comet leader (reminds me of his old book). I hope Grant uses the pre crisis Wanders.
    I would not like that because that would mean one more Superman concept(Granted it is actually an LOSH offshoot concept) being given to other heroes. Much of Superman concept have been pilfered and used elsewhere. Its one of the reasons Superman books are struggling as most of the brilliant ideas in their books are no longer available to them.
    I would be okay if Comet were the deputy and lead the team while Superman is absent or somesuch. I would also like a better integration of LOSH concept with Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.

I would not like that because that would mean one more Superman concept(Granted it is actually an LOSH offshoot concept) being given to other heroes. Much of Superman concept have been pilfered and used elsewhere. Its one of the reasons Superman books are struggling as most of the brilliant ideas in their books are no longer available to them.
    I would be okay if Comet were the deputy and lead the team while Superman is absent or somesuch. I would also like a better integration of LOSH concept with Superman.
    But like you said it's not really a Superman concept at all so he has no real binding to it. The LOSH may be a Superman concept in some regards but they are now they have the ability to be independent of Superman and make their own stories. Also I could argue that Cap. Comet is now a "Superman concept" in the new 52 seeing as he originated in Action comics and was even known as "the 1st Superman" so this fits in just fine with me, and I'd love to see a book on this concept, "Comet and the Wanders".

Also it would make more sense if Cap. were leader seeing as he was actually transported far away last time we saw him (other side of the galaxy I think) so he was bound to meet a slew of new people. Also him and his "long hair" friends were gathering and army to fight the multitude, this could be it. I actually think they might be neo-sapiens from earth or other worlds. Now that I think about it, it goes well with the concept of the original Wanders being from the future because neo-sapiens are beings evolved thousands of years into the future.

It goes to well with Cap. if you ask me.

But like you said it's not really a Superman concept at all so he has no real binding to it. The LOSH may be a Superman concept in some regards but they are now they have the ability to be independent of Superman and make their own stories. Also I could argue that Cap. Comet is now a "Superman concept" in the new 52 seeing as he originated in Action comics and was even known as "the 1st Superman" so this fits in just fine with me, and I'd love to see a book on this concept, "Comet and the Wanders".

Also it would make more sense if Cap. were leader seeing as he was actually transported far away last time we saw him (other side of the galaxy I think) so he was bound to meet a slew of new people. Also him and his "long hair" friends were gathering and army to fight the multitude, this could be it. I actually think they might be neo-sapiens from earth or other worlds. Now that I think about it, it goes well with the concept of the original Wanders being from the future because neo-sapiens are beings evolved thousands of years into the future.

It goes to well with Cap. if you ask me.
    Yes I guess. The same way that Cosmic boy was the leader of LOSH but it was 'Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes', we can have a 'Superman and the Wanderers' with Comet being its leader.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.