Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolfan View Post
    Nada.
    You had to refer to outside material (old GA character).
    How was what we saw about Suzie in issues 6 and 11,12 helpful at all? I completely missed that.
    Drekken had an origin story? In 0? Let me look again....
    Kryptonite Man was in the annual....granted.
    Nimrod, the coolest of the bunch in my opinion had an interesting introduction....but not enough exposition for a full on origin in my view.

Where are they called the Anti-Superman army in the book?

But I have to admit, you did a good job of ignoring my swipes at your author. Thanks for letting me vent.
    But they're all new.....except Suzie. That ain't fair game.
    Well, for Suzie, the last panel of issue 12 is the Vyndktvx arriving in her bedroom while she's asleep. That plus the fact we already knew from issue 6 she was part of his Army....granted we don't know how he turned her to his side (now, she's like 6, that musn't be too difficult).
    The back up of 0 is Drekken's origin. At first, it only looks like the story of a young scientist making reasearch on the future Captain Comet, but the last page explains (well, hints so hard that it's explaining) that his experiences to recreate the effects of the meteor that turned Adam Blake into a neo sapiens turn him into this shape shifting thing.
    I thought Nimrod's origin was kinda complete. Reason for wanting Superman's demise (the challenge of killing an unkilleable man plus a desire to get revenge after getting scarred in his first fight), a first fight that turned wrong and gives him his look, Vyndktvx telling him that he will giving special weapons......I thought the basics were there.
    They are called the Anti Superman Army by the Legion of Superheroes in issue 5 and 6. The rest of the time, Vyndktvx calls them his Army.

Well, you're welcome.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    The Anti Superman Army?
    Nimrod (appeared in issue 6, had his origin story in issue 10), the Kryptonite Men (appeared in issue 5, the green one had his origin story in the anual), Drekken the Evolver (appeared in issue 6, origin story in the back up of 0), Suzie (appeared in issue 6, old GA character, was important in issue 11 and 12), and I think they are the only ones we see here (I don't remember seeing the Sisters of hate). All of them invented for this run (except for Suzie), so no need of outside material.
    So......What did I win?
    That Mechanec thing was there in a panel or 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolfan View Post
    Nada.
    You had to refer to outside material (old GA character).
    Morrison's not allowed to use pre-existing characters?

But they're all new.....except Suzie. That ain't fair game.
    Well, for Suzie, the last panel of issue 12 is the Vyndktvx arriving in her bedroom while she's asleep. That plus the fact we already knew from issue 6 she was part of his Army....granted we don't know how he turned her to his side (now, she's like 6, that musn't be too difficult).
    Wouldn't she be 11 now?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Honestly I still have a few questions from this issue, and maybe this one could be answered by #12 but...why is l'il Suzy on Mars hunting Superman?

with the imps from the 5th dimension seemingly involved in Clark's parents deaths, is there a chance they could "set things right" and bring back Ma and Pa Kent?

that was one thing Byrne did that I wish they would have kept.
    "I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up!"
    The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by avenging son View Post
    with the imps from the 5th dimension seemingly involved in Clark's parents deaths, is there a chance they could "set things right" and bring back Ma and Pa Kent?

that was one thing Byrne did that I wish they would have kept.
    Yeah Grant can do that and may be after the return to Krypton story from the other books is over that will be the consolation for Sueprman of not being able to save Krypton.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Yeah Grant can do that and may be after the return to Krypton story from the other books is over that will be the consolation for Sueprman of not being able to save Krypton.
    I kinda doubt it. First, if Superman saves his parents, it will retcon the whole thing as if it never happened, so when he comes back from not saving Krypton, his parents would have never died.
    Second, that basically means writting out of continuity all the issues of Superman (which would be kinda dickish) and, more "importantly", the issues of JL written by the biggest writter of DC and one of the big heads of DC. I don't think even he has that kind of power.
    Not to mention that the pitch of Superman 2000 ( which was written by him, Millar, Waid, and....another guy) mentionned at least Pa Kent dying and the problems caused by them being alive, and that both died in All Star.
    At best, maybe he can create a "micro continuity" with them alive or something, but I think that, as far as the main continuity goes,; they're gone for good.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

I kinda doubt it. First, if Superman saves his parents, it will retcon the whole thing as if it never happened, so when he comes back from not saving Krypton, his parents would have never died.
    Second, that basically means writting out of continuity all the issues of Superman (which would be kinda dickish) and, more "importantly", the issues of JL written by the biggest writter of DC and one of the big heads of DC. I don't think even he has that kind of power.
    Not to mention that the pitch of Superman 2000 ( which was written by him, Millar, Waid, and....another guy) mentionned at least Pa Kent dying and the problems caused by them being alive, and that both died in All Star.
    At best, maybe he can create a "micro continuity" with them alive or something, but I think that, as far as the main continuity goes,; they're gone for good.
    May be but he can always make Superman remember both continuity so everything would work and be in continuity. Like he made Superman remember stuffs that happened in future in the current issue.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

May be but he can always make Superman remember both continuity so everything would work and be in continuity. Like he made Superman remember stuffs that happened in future in the current issue.
    That's possible, yes. A bit pointless, I guess, but possible.

That's possible, yes. A bit pointless, I guess, but possible.
    Yeah its unlikely. I would agree with that and Grant probably won't do it but who knows?
    When I read the current issue I thought it was the perfect way to bring them back and make other chagnes.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.

Yeah its unlikely. I would agree with that and Grant probably won't do it but who knows?
    When I read the current issue I thought it was the perfect way to bring them back and make other chagnes.
    Yeah, but that's the trick. Everyone else is trying to keep with his changes and then he resets everything? That would be a complete mess. It would work if it was Odyssey, where we were told it was all temporary, but here.....nah, he will probably just somehow reafirm that changing the status quo of his parents, of his costume....isn't changing the fundamentals of Superman, and that what Vyndktvx has been trying to do ("ruin" him) was pointless from the start. At least, I would find that a much stronger end than having him just reset the whole, creating plotholes about what on this story has or hasn't changed.

Can I ask why you want them back so much or why you think they should come back?

Just wondering.

Yeah, but that's the trick. Everyone else is trying to keep with his changes and then he resets everything? That would be a complete mess. It would work if it was Odyssey, where we were told it was all temporary, but here.....nah, he will probably just somehow reafirm that changing the status quo of his parents, of his costume....isn't changing the fundamentals of Superman, and that what Vyndktvx has been trying to do ("ruin" him) was pointless from the start. At least, I would find that a much stronger end than having him just reset the whole, creating plotholes about what on this story has or hasn't changed.

Yup we saw in issue 9 of Action that no matter what changes that you think you are making to Superman in the end so long as you keep his core right he'll be Superman. I'm speaking of President Superman who was African American and the President yet he could have just as easily been our Superman.

No I don't want them back. Just thought reading the current Action issue that it was the perfect way to reset stuffs. At this point the Kents won't add anything to Superman - if they add anything it would be to Superboy or Supergirl if one of them decide to settle in Smallville.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.

Oh I see, and I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh I see, and I agree with you.
    Yeah the one benefit of the Kents was that there was a possibility of Smallville set comics reflecting to back in the days adventures of Clark Kent Superboy with either Kon or Kara.

That setting would have been unique among other comics today.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.