Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flottanna View Post
    I need to read this again I found the story kind of confusing. Maybe I was tired.
    That's how you're supposed to feel after reading Morrison the first time around
    <insert awesome quote here>

Dear God...

Mind is effin blown. I agree it definitely is one of the best New 52 issue. I can't stretch enough how much I enjoyed this and how it aches to know that the run will end soon.

Confusing? I thought this book was crystal clear and lucid.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spiderrmonkey View Post
    That's how you're supposed to feel after reading Morrison the first time around
    I must admit I find most of the time this reputation undeserved. I didn't read everything he wrote, but from what I read, most of it seemed clear to me.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

I hope Princess Landlady is ok...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Y'know, I know Morrison has a reputation for complexity and borderline-incoherence in his stories sometimes, but seriously, if you've been paying the *slightest bit* of attention while reading Action Comics up until now, I don't understand how this issue could be classified as confusing at all.

I'm not too huge a fan or Morrison and his issue is a good example why. I don't know what I just read and I'm pretty sure what I DO know doesn't make any sense. I suppose it was "good" in a "it wasn't bad" sort of way but it seemed to me a lot like watching a movie with the "chapter shuffle" feature on while fast forwarding and simultaneously being high on a Red Bull and Vicodin cocktail.

So far, I haven't seen anyone confused about anything that wasn't a result of them literally not reading the words on the pages (or reading those and looking at the pictures accompanying them).

I thought this issue was pretty much an epiphany, myself. It explains and reveals many of the twists and turns of Morrisons ENTIRE run!

Seriously, this issue explains it all. And it's a hoot, because it adds even more to the mythos, with the fleshing out of Mxy's character, and his motivations for his silly pranks. The truth is that's precisely what they are! He doesn't care all that much about it, because he's only doing it as a little magic-trick!

Morrison is a tremendously intelligent writer, that much is certain. He demands a lot from his readers, but if you can keep up, you will be rewarded accordingly.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I thought this issue was pretty much an epiphany, myself. It explains and reveals many of the twists and turns of Morrisons ENTIRE run!

Seriously, this issue explains it all. And it's a hoot, because it adds even more to the mythos, with the fleshing out of Mxy's character, and his motivations for his silly pranks. The truth is that's precisely what they are! He doesn't care all that much about it, because he's only doing it as a little magic-trick!

Morrison is a tremendously intelligent writer, that much is certain. He demands a lot from his readers, but if you can keep up, you will be rewarded accordingly.
    I guess in 3 issues we could all go back to being dumb again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McFeely View Post
    Y'know, I know Morrison has a reputation for complexity and borderline-incoherence in his stories sometimes, but seriously, if you've been paying the *slightest bit* of attention while reading Action Comics up until now, I don't understand how this issue could be classified as confusing at all.
    Yeah I'm never afraid to admit when I don't understand things in an issue, but I don't see it at all here. It's not simple, but it's very expositional.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post

Absolutely agreed!!! Loved this issue, how it tied things together and provided insight into the overall storytelling of his entire arc. Pure brilliance!! It's a perfect example of how Morrison really appreciates the literary potential of Superman like so few writers do. It's not just Superman brawling with some brute (I'm looking at you pre-52 Atlas) but he's using concepts and ideas and showing us how Superman literally makes the impossible possible. It's beautiful to anyone who appreciates the raw nature of the imagination. It's inspiring to anyone who thrives on creativity! This is just great. I'm really going to miss him when he leaves. I'm glad he's given us this fantastic run. Well done Morrison...well done.

Yoda's true Master. Darth Twiggy's Avatar

This book was by far the worst Action Comics book since the reboot. Yes reboot not launch.
    I was so frustrated reading the book it made my veins pop out.

Action Comics #15 is the BEST Action Comics book since the reboot. Yes, reboot, not launch. I'd love to explain why but many people who posted here have already given really great reasons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker4747 View Post
    I'm not too huge a fan or Morrison and his issue is a good example why. I don't know what I just read and I'm pretty sure what I DO know doesn't make any sense. I suppose it was "good" in a "it wasn't bad" sort of way but it seemed to me a lot like watching a movie with the "chapter shuffle" feature on while fast forwarding and simultaneously being high on a Red Bull and Vicodin cocktail.
    Or none of that. Fifth dimension imp trying to destroy Superman by attacking his timeline at all points at once. He's mad because Superman was the trick Mxy used to impress the princess, which Vin wanted for himself. Because of that, the imp is here and he's assembling a team of villains to take out Superman.

They exist in five dimensions, so their concept of time is different. He's like Dr. Manhattan. He can see the past, present, and future all at once...as one event.

So Superman is losing in the past, present, and future all at once.