Junior Member Judge-Sergeant-Marron's Avatar

Default 'Creator-Owned Heroes' Cancelled

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/f...sue-8-a-2.html

Major bummer. I was really digging this and it was only getting better with every issue; so much potential! Proof that anthologies really are dead in the states.

I look forward to supporting whatever Palmiotti, Gray and crew come up with next. And here's hoping it has better luck!
    PULL LIST: ALL-STAR WESTERN - TRILLIUM - COFFIN HILL - THOR: GOD OF THUNDER - X-MEN: LEGACY - RED TEAM - SAMURAI JACK - PROPHET - PRETTY DEADLY - ZERO - STARLIGHT - 2000AD - ROGUE TROOPER

Quote Originally Posted by Judge-Sergeant-Marron View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/f...sue-8-a-2.html

Major bummer. I was really digging this and it was only getting better with every issue; so much potential! Proof that anthologies really are dead in the states.

I look forward to supporting whatever Palmiotti, Gray and crew come up with next. And here's hoping it has better luck!
    I got the first issue, but it was too much like a magazine with articles and interviews about stuff i didnt care about. So i never picked up issue 2... the stories were decent, but nothing that made the book feel like it was worth my money to keep getting in small installments

That's too bad. I feel especially bad considering I gave the latest issue a bad review this week. That said...it makes sense. I bought every issue but 80% of the time I didn't read everything because I wasn't interested in every interview. The comics weren't the best in every issue either.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I don't think it really caught on. The title sounded like someone's blog, and I don't know if it was just me or not, but Triggergirl (who was the poster character for the first issues and pre-release marketing) just never looked "right" to me so I was never tempted to get it.

I guess there's also the fact that the "creator-owned heroes" it showed have done most of their work - or visible work, I should say - as anything but creator-owned. Noto's done lots of work for Marvel (and still is), Conner, Cooke, Gray and Palmiotti (spelt wrong, I assume) for DC, but I don't really know much about the other creators (if there were many others - I forget).

I gave this book a try, but neither of the first stories wowed me in anyway shape or form, and at that price it really needed to. Plus I had no interest in the articles and interviews. I'm not sure why you would expect people to pay for something like that when there are so many comics news/interview sites on the web...

Suckas I really enjoyed this series

BANNED

I looked for this every month, and truth be told, I had a really fucking hard time locating it on the rack. the title never stood out, and the covers often had very little "pop" among the rest. unfortunately.

I enjoyed some of it, and less so the rest, but I still liked it. sorry to hear it's cancelled.