Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default THE BAT SIGNAL: "Detective Comics" Unveils Emperor Penguin

With his third issue now on stands, writer John Layman explains the long game for his "Detective Comics" run and how the book combines a major new villain, classic rogues, Bruce Wayne's personal drama and more of Batman's greatest hits.

Full article here.

I love the concept of someone Penguin needs to compete with. He's a mobster so it makes sense to have a rival. That said...how is this connected to Joker. Might be a character that disappears. Also...Emperor Penguin. Bit on the nose no?
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I love the concept of someone Penguin needs to compete with. He's a mobster so it makes sense to have a rival. That said...how is this connected to Joker. Might be a character that disappears. Also...Emperor Penguin. Bit on the nose no?

No

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I saw that title and thought 'Oh my god, Penguin's become all-powerful and killing Batman over and over again!'
    ...Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

Quote Originally Posted by CjP View Post
    'Oh my god, Penguin's become all-powerful and killing Batman over and over again!'
    Killing Batman over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over again.