Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default The Phantom Stranger #3 Discussion/Spoilers

I can't believe I'm starting to like this title.

The direction may not be the best due to the decision of making the protagonist so different to the previous incarnation but other than that the book is quite enjoyable. The portrayal of Phantom Stranger's normal and supernatural lives is really well done as well as the family dynamics, plus, it keeps introducing interesting characters like the new Doctor Thirteen who I hope joins the supporting cast.

Didio is also injecting a creepy tone to the book that is really unusual coming from him, the art fortunately fits this style perfectly.

This is the first time I can genuinely say that I'm invested on a Didio's book (Not counting OMAC because that was mostly Giffen).

I CAN believe that I'm still not liking this.

Sheesh. Still awful (although with more bright spots, I admit, than before)
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Veteran Member

I can believe that indeed.

Yes loved it too. It was really great to actually see some extent of his powers besides just cape shielding himself and others, and teleportation. I love the similarities between him in both lives, as they kinda mentioned in the party. Doesn't talk much, not a lot of socializing, doesn't really feel like part of that world, more like a passive participant. I really like how that is both with him as Phantom Stranger and as Philip.

Few other things, the dog was interesting and funny calling him "laddie", and I'm interested seeing what it turns out to mean. And at the end, I was a little unsure, was that Spectre just appearing as original Thirteen? I know he's pretty much all powerful, so I'm guessing he can change appearance, and with the green tint that was my assumption...
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

I can get why people don't like this but whatever. It's getting better and better.

I'm enjoying it too. Very good so far. Loved the incorporation of the story from All-Star Western into this.

This is turning into an interesting series.

BANNED

I thought this issues was the worst of the lot so far. And right now I hope that family of his dissapears and are never seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I thought this issues was the worst of the lot so far. And right now I hope that family of his dissapears and are never seen again.
    Totally agree with that last part. They make him too attached and his family scenes are always the worst. Although I did laugh at that party scene when the guy asked him if he "was a religious man" and he just stared back at him. That was probably one of my favorite scenes so far.

I gave #0 a shot and it didn't really grab me. Sounds like maybe I should consider the trade though.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

Can't read yet...Can't read yet...Can't read yet...Can't read yet...Can't read yet...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Did this issue have anything to do with the All-Star Western Dr. 13 backup? Because that had a haunted highwayman and Dr. 13 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Did this issue have anything to do with the All-Star Western Dr. 13 backup? Because that had a haunted highwayman and Dr. 13 too.
    Yes, it connected. The real haunted highwayman was hounding the 13 family because of what went down in All Star Western.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

That's actually pretty cool. Quality aside, I like that it's picking up stuff from ASW. Apparently Talon is too.

EDIT: And so is Team Seven, actually. Issue 2 had mention of the Jekyll formula from ASW.
    Last edited by Jody Garland; 12-06-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpadesSlick View Post
    I can get why people don't like this but whatever. It's getting better and better.
    I am with you on that. If Didio's name was noton this I think there would be less haterz
    Last edited by ILoveVibe; 12-06-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Anybody have any idea what or who the dog was? And was that Spectre at the end?