Default Ninja Gaiden Version to Buy

I have recently thought a bit about the original Ninja Gaiden game for the xbox. I had played a bit of it from a friends version back when it first came out and though I liked it I never got around to getting my own copy. I've decided to rectify that however I now don't know which version to purchase the original, Black or Sigma (I have access to both PS3 and a 360 so that won't be an issue). So for the people who have played them which one is the better version to get?

Black and Sigma are largely the same. The biggest change in Sigma is the extra weapon (dual katanas) and a few missions as Rachel.

If you don't already own Black go ahead and get Sigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    I have recently thought a bit about the original Ninja Gaiden game for the xbox. I had played a bit of it from a friends version back when it first came out and though I liked it I never got around to getting my own copy. I've decided to rectify that however I now don't know which version to purchase the original, Black or Sigma (I have access to both PS3 and a 360 so that won't be an issue). So for the people who have played them which one is the better version to get?
    Black is the best version of Ninja Gaiden.

Sigma hands down, the dual katanas are made of win, its just fun, avoid the VITA version though

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    why? Black and Sigma are identical to each other, only difference is that Sigma has dual katanas which are really cool to use and extra stages for Rachel, so how is Black better? I'll give you the 360 controller being better/more comfortable but I don't think the game is better :/