Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Really enjoyed the second issue. Mr. Twist is a great villain, loved the art. A major improvement from the first, gives me confidence this will continue to get better and better.

loved it. this book and X-O are well on their way in making me a Valiant addict :)

Quote Originally Posted by rasx View Post
    So this story isn't over the top? There can be some improvements story-wise, but I don't have a problem with the art.
    @greg anderson, sorry don't read Walking Dead.
    No, it really isn't. I consider it pretty standard-fare for a supernatural-horror meets adventure book. Compared to The Strange Talent of Luther Strode, which is like Fist of the North Star meets Kick-Ass, both of which I consider over-the-top, violent, hardcore comic books, this is PG-13 stuff.
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Supreme View Post
    No, it really isn't. I consider it pretty standard-fare for a supernatural-horror meets adventure book. Compared to The Strange Talent of Luther Strode, which is like Fist of the North Star meets Kick-Ass, both of which I consider over-the-top, violent, hardcore comic books, this is PG-13 stuff.
    I think all the VALIANT books so far are PG-13, they are catering to an audience that is from teens to adults.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Good review (for a change, thanks for nothing Ryan K. Lindsay).

I think the art was great and the story is definetly hooking me.

I gave it 4.5/5 as I did the first issue.

Really good issue. Whoever said Mr.Twist getting his suit tailor made reminded them of a Whedon-esque moment I'm going to agree. I didn't think that when I read it but I thought I liked the quirkiness of the scene. Whedon does quirky well so good analogy.

Alyssa is going to be a great character. At least this issue shows great potential. I feel a character arc for her thought might be that having been trained for this so long she gets too eager and gets herself into trouble and Jack, whose developed feelings for her, saves her as he fully grasps what it means to be Shadowman. Feels like an arc that could happen anyway.

Looking forward to next issue already.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Good issue, though not nearly as good as the first both with story and art but still a very good issue none the less (I loved issue #1 so damn much). I love Jack's character, I'm a huge fan of Mr. Twist and Darque, but I'm not digging Dox much as all and the girl that hangs out with him I could take or leave. Maybe with time they'll grow on me but as of right now they're just kinda hanging around, but man....these enemies are awesome and I can't wait to see a big showdown between Darque and Shadowman eventually. The plot has been good so far and I am really looking forward for issue #3.