Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Spurrier, Ewing and Williams Architect a Judge Dredd "Trifecta"

In the second half of our two-part interview, Si Spurrier, Rob Williams and Al Ewing discuss their surprise "2000 AD" crossover epic "Trifecta," its alcohol-induced origins and where their characters go next.

Full article here.

Thanks for the great insight into how one of the most important Dredd stories in years came together.

Very nice.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Fantastic interview. Have really been happy with all the attention CBR has been giving 2000 AD lately.

Great interview. I chatted to each of the writers at Thought Bubble in Leeds about this and they all seemed so pleased with how it was going down. Absolutely massive credit must go to Matt Smith for having the courage to think long term and go for the surprise and not the pre-publicity. It happens so rarely these days, in all media that it was such treat to have a genuine shock when the pieces clicked in place.

Credit to all concerned and more evidence that 2000ad is simply the Galaxy's Greatest and any fan of comics worth the name should be reading it.

Fantastic interview, an interesting and humorous insight into the workings of some genius comics writers.

More of the same please!

"Ewing: Actually, I find my face and body language changes when I write Dredd. I get scowly and grunt"

Method writing? If that's what it takes to write Dredd successfully I can see why his creator, John Wagner, has such a reputedly intimidating demeanour.

Splendid interview. I understand these fellows act like it was really hard work consumin' all that beer, but the effort paid off. This was a completely brilliant story.

Thumbs up

I just signed up to says thanks for such an entertaining and revealing interview.