Default DC Subscriptions

How quickly do DC subscriptions arrive after their release? I am interested in getting a Batman Subscription and was curious if anyone here has experience with them.

Thanks.

i also get batman from dc subscriptions. it takes about a month and a half to process your order, i ordered right after 11 and started at 0 (only had to pick up one issue elsewhere) usually arrives at my house about a week after its released in stores, but others have said they get it much earlier than i do

Thanks. Sounds like good service. I will definitely start a sub after the holidays.

I've not had any personal experience, but my understanding is that customer service for the subs is not very good. If anything goes wrong, the people you contact with your problem are not very responsive, that sort of thing.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    I've not had any personal experience, but my understanding is that customer service for the subs is not very good. If anything goes wrong, the people you contact with your problem are not very responsive, that sort of thing.
    Interesting. Is that through a third-party or DC directly? Also, glad to see another Mississippian on here.

dont mean to disagree with others, but i called them up directly three times to work with my subscription (moved from different houses twice before the first issue was supposed to ship) they were very helpful and got it to me correctly, no charges or anything

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

I get mine around 10 days after the on-sale date; sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later, but on average about 10 days afterwards. I've been a customer with them for about 5 years and except for a brief bad patch last year, I've had no customer service problems. Anytime I've emailed them, I've gotten a response within 2 working days.

The comics arrive in good condition as well. You'll get the occasional blunted corner, or minor bend, but nothing drastic. I think I've only ever asked for a replacement copy twice in all the years I've been subscribing.

The only drawbacks are the range of titles on offer isn't very extensive, and it would be nice for renewing customers to get a discount. Failing that, they should offer customers the option of subscribing to the print/digital combo packs for no extra charge
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    Interesting. Is that through a third-party or DC directly? Also, glad to see another Mississippian on here.
    Maybe they'll sell at least two of the Mississippi Flag Justice League of America covers :)

I remember at least one person commenting on a series of problems, but my memory is so vague on the details I might as well be ignored... :)

I got the impression that DC's is an in-house, because they recently announced that Marvel was turning their subscription service over to a third party (which wouldn't seem to be newsworthy if DC was already doing that).
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

After a few years getting marvel subscriptions that would come to me like 2-3 weeks later, the DC subs coming about a week after (sometimes on the date itself!) was pretty refreshing.

Just be prepared for an early wait. After that,you won't have to wait long for any particular issue.

The only other concern is that theres no online manager like Marvel, which is handy.

Also should you ever want to switch they can do it right up. I subbed Animal Man and JLI and was about to receive Batman and Superman once those books went off the list for subscription. I would rather read Flash and Nightwing, two books I was getting in store, and they switched it no problem. Good service all in all.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    I got the impression that DC's is an in-house, because they recently announced that Marvel was turning their subscription service over to a third party (which wouldn't seem to be newsworthy if DC was already doing that).
    Both services are outsourced, and have been for a number of years. Marvel's service came up in the news because they recently changed to Midtown comics, a company within the industry, instead of a standard fulfilment provider (they were previously with a company called Sunbelt). That Midtown made a complete and utter hames of it didn't help either, but that's another thread for another forum
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    After a few years getting marvel subscriptions that would come to me like 2-3 weeks later, the DC subs coming about a week after (sometimes on the date itself!) was pretty refreshing.

Just be prepared for an early wait. After that,you won't have to wait long for any particular issue.

The only other concern is that theres no online manager like Marvel, which is handy.

Also should you ever want to switch they can do it right up. I subbed Animal Man and JLI and was about to receive Batman and Superman once those books went off the list for subscription. I would rather read Flash and Nightwing, two books I was getting in store, and they switched it no problem. Good service all in all.
    Fantastic news. Did you order through DC? Or a third-party such as Amazon or B&N?

Sometimes Batman arrives on the Friday of release week, sometimes the following Friday. So anywhere from 2-9 days after it goes on sale it will arrive at my house. It comes in pretty good shape, which was something I was originally worried about. I got the year long sub for Batman for $12 during the release weekend of Dark Knight Rises, they ran a special on some of the Batman family titles. Couldn't pass it up for that price.
    Last edited by speedline; 12-06-2012 at 09:08 PM.