Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Somewhat optimistic...as Berganza presided over the last truly great era of Superman, which was 1999-2002. However, as an above poster said, he was also responsible for one of the worst eras, particularly 2003-2004. We will see I guess. Can't be worse than what Idelson has done with the franchise as of late, particularly the years leading up to the New 52. I still contend had he not dropped the ball on New Krypton, we would have seen a softer reboot for the Superman line more along the lines of Green Lantern and the Batman books rather than the hard reboot we got.

I wonder now too...with Berganza getting all the books, will we see new creative teams as well, particularly on Supergirl and Superboy? I hope the team stays the same on Supergirl frankly, as it's been the most consistant Superman book outside of Action Comics since the New 52 launch. However, I hope we get a MAJOR overhaul with Superboy, with creators and tone, especially after Lobdell left.
    I think it was Berganza who put the current Supergirl creative team on Superman/Batman way back.

But Defalco could well be out, as he should be.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Superman and Supergirl creative teams are where they should be. It's pretty obvious Superboy needs a creative blood transfusion.

Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Haha. Thanks, I guess. Now if only Eddie would Rehire Grant for a Superman book.
    lol. You act like Grant was fired.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    lol. You act like Grant was fired.
    He is leaving the Superbooks so 'rehire' him for one of the superbooks would be the correct term, no?
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

Morrison is going off because he's done with the story. He's blown his wad on Superman. There's nothing to tell right now and he doesn't want to be sleepwalking through the next year or so.

I didn't love Supergirl at first, but it really grew on me.
    I thought they had finally settled on a good team and direction for Superman, or am I in the minority there?
    I hear Superboy seriously needs help. I wouldn't know for sure, I gave up reading it after issue 5 or 6 after it seemed like it was turning into a train wreck.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Let's just hope Supergirl doesn't devolve into what it was the last time Berganza was editing her book. :shudder:

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Could you elaborate on that further? Are there legal matters still effecting current Superman books? I know there was the unfortunate case of DC not giving much money to the family of the creators, but how does that really effect the monthly books presently?
    The New 52 was actually under construction at DC before Flashpoint. The court case, which I think is either still going on or in negotiation, caused their plans to move forward before it had a coherent structure. As the focal point of the court case is the character Kal-L, he can no longer exist. Which essentially means the first appearance of the only Superman that D.C. will have, probably in perpetuity, is the one who first appeared in Justice League 001 in 2011.

That's why the Man of Steel Movie is going to be nothing like what has come before. Not even a motif of John Williams iconic themesong will appear and Krypton will be completely different as will his origin.

I will add a personal comment by saying I'm not reading the Superman books, having given up on them at their 5th issue, for the same reason I am giving serious thoughts to ignoring Man of Steel.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    The New 52 was actually under construction at DC before Flashpoint. The court case, which I think is either still going on or in negotiation, caused their plans to move forward before it had a coherent structure. As the focal point of the court case is the character Kal-L, he can no longer exist. Which essentially means the first appearance of the only Superman that D.C. will have, probably in perpetuity, is the one who first appeared in Justice League 001 in 2011.

That's why the Man of Steel Movie is going to be nothing like what has come before. Not even a motif of John Williams iconic themesong will appear and Krypton will be completely different as will his origin.

I will add a personal comment by saying I'm not reading the Superman books, having given up on them at their 5th issue, for the same reason I am giving serious thoughts to ignoring Man of Steel.
    Well, it shows.
    And considering that I fail to see how John Williams' music theme has nothing to do with Siegel and Shuster's legal problems, or how the new reboot has changed anything that could be argued to be their property (in fact, one could argue that reusing the Daily Star, one of the elements present in the first appearance of Superman, and people like George Taylor, who were appearing in that very issue), I will just say that I don't understand what you're saying.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."