Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

First of all, I wasn't disturbed by the one panel of May. However, I think Slott is wrong in practically attacking readers through this long tweet. Especially considering how much hype he put behind it to make people think it was going to be disturbing. The dialogue used by May, telling Otto to not be a "fuddy duddy", implies that something risque was going to happen/happening. Where I am from, calling someone a fuddy duddy is equivalent to calling someone a wet blanket. Based on that, my interpretation was more than just Otto simply seeing the bride early; as Slott "intended".

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    First of all, I wasn't disturbed by the one panel of May. However, I think Slott is wrong in practically attacking readers through this long tweet. Especially considering how much hype he put behind it to make people think it was going to be disturbing. The dialogue used by May, telling Otto to not be a "fuddy duddy", implies that something risque was going to happen/happening. Where I am from, calling someone a fuddy duddy is equivalent to calling someone a wet blanket. Based on that, my interpretation was more than just Otto simply seeing the bride early; as Slott "intended".
    I think he's joking even with that tweet. More of a wink-wink kinda deal.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I didn't see the tweet but am willing to be he's not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Meanwhile…
    Hospitals Flooded by Victims of Amazing Spider-Man #699
    Have you checked out already?
    haha that s**t was funny.I hate my fans made me burst.

Well, guess who now got into an argument over Dan Slott over about The Aunt May/Doc Ock scene? None other than John Byrne.

Last edited by stillanerd; 12-07-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

I must have the mind of a Ten year old in my 45 year old body; Because I thought the Aunt May/Ock scene was funny as heck. It reminded me of that scene in Spider-Man 3 where everyone is yelling for Spidey to kiss Gwen Stacy and the little Kid is screaming "No,Spidey,No!" and then when they do kiss the kid covers his eyes and screws up his face like he was a charter member of the Little Rascals' "He-Man Woman haters Club"
    Last edited by Spider-Frog; 12-08-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Had to bleach my Eyeballs.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, guess who now got into an argument over Dan Slott over about The Aunt May/Doc Ock scene? None other than John Byrne.

Slott has a good point that Byrne had a habit of leaving this type of stuff up to the reader's imagination.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    I laughed out loud at the Aunt May memory.
    Yep, likewise.