Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    A female Smasher? Nothing.

A human Smasher? Plenty. No humans should be in the Imperial Guard. Not only is it the historically unfriendly military of an evil dictatorship that routinely attacks Earth citizens for no reason, but it is elite military. US citizens don't go joining the Chinese army special forces.

Hardly.
    Because the history books are positively strewn with instances of the Chinese invading America and other Western countries...

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Plus, we don't know why and how the new Smasher joined the Imperial Guard and her origin- maybe she is half-human, half-Shi'ar.

And remember Giant-Sized X-men was...wait for it...Giant Sized. It had the size of two or three regular issues.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

I get the sense from the anecdote Mr. Franklin told in the last FF that Hickman might envision the Guard as becoming a sort of Space Avengers, in time.

The last attempt at the Space Avengers, the Annihilators, kinda fizzled out without anything really happening with it, on account of Abnett/Lanning moving on.
    (Guardians of the Galaxy are more of a Space Doom Patrol without all of the drugs)

But Gladiator was a part of that while it lasted.
    It seems like it would relatively easy to have him think "Well, maybe a Space Avengers was an alright idea. I should make that happen. Only I'll just have the dudes I'm already in charge of start doing more Avengers-y things, rather than trying to work with those other dorks,"

Are Ex Nihlo and his crew new characters?

Or did they turn up in Hickman's SHIELD or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Really? He's been saying the exact opposite on his Formspring, and that people should wait for the second issue before making the comparison.
    Okay, I love Hickman's work on Secret Warriors and elsewhere, but you shouldn't have to "wait until the next issues" to be interested in the story. This didn't do it for me. Secret Warriors #1 grabbed me from the first moment and blew me away with the final page (which turned out to be a major misdirect, which was amazing, as well). Something about this issue felt off. I really WANT this book to be good, so I'll follow Hickman's advice - but if people are asking all these questions, he didn't do his job as a writer.

And he's usually better than this - he's very good at conveying tons of info in only one issue.

I'm not trying to be Yet Another Negative Fan. I did like the idea of a bunch of "villains" who are basically trying to evolve planets (reminds me a bit of Noah Black's/Centurius' plot from the old Nick Fury series)....and I know Hickman always has valid reasons for everything.

The last page didn't bug me as much as it did everyone else. I kinda dig the new Smasher. The old one looked a little too much like Simon Williams to me. Also, if it was intended as an homage to Giant Sized X-Men #1, then okay...I can live with how it played out.

Am I wrong to kinda dig the old flat-head Frankenstein's Monster Hulk?
    Last edited by hysang; 12-10-2012 at 08:26 AM.

I don't know if this question has been asked and answered, but that black woman with an afro facing the window on the last pages, is that Monica Rambeau? The lady-quasar at the end kinda gave me a Captain Marvel/Photon kinda vibe

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    I don't know if this question has been asked and answered, but that black woman with an afro facing the window on the last pages, is that Monica Rambeau? The lady-quasar at the end kinda gave me a Captain Marvel/Photon kinda vibe
    A million times, the answer is no.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    A million times, the answer is no.
    what's up your ass? I specifically said i didn't know if the question had been asked.
    anyway, thanks for answering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    what's up your ass? I specifically said i didn't know if the question had been asked.
    anyway, thanks for answering.
    he doesn't know for sure, don't worry about it.

I really wish Monica Rambeau DID have a spot on this team.
    Last edited by hysang; 12-10-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Are Ex Nihlo and his crew new characters?

Or did they turn up in Hickman's SHIELD or elsewhere?
    They're brand new.

Re: Monica Rambeau
    To be fair, the question has been asked at least 10 times in this thread and multiple times in various other threads here, including the Q and A that got turned into a front page article, on Hickman's formspring, etc.

It's been asked a bunch. And the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    Re: Monica Rambeau
    To be fair, the question has been asked at least 10 times in this thread and multiple times in various other threads here, including the Q and A that got turned into a front page article, on Hickman's formspring, etc.

It's been asked a bunch. And the answer is no.
    Its the hair that is throwing everybody, IMO.

Cap Universe unpowered-up has a similar hairstyle to Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    They're brand new.
    I have to say that the robot guy reminds me of a Rigellian Recorder with some sort of mental problem.

I have no idea what is happening. Can someone please fill me in. It all was just images to me.
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!"
    Fiction is a fickle thing. It all depends on the next word that is written.
    “The power to do good is also the power to do harm.” — Milton Friedman