Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    i like caps new outfit but WTH is on his face under his eye???
    It looks like one of those "butterfly bandages". They hold cuts together while they heal or are waiting to get stitched up.
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous

thor is still one of the most powerful members of the avengers. only hyperion is Absolutly in front of him. wonder man is on equal footing id say. (in mighty avengers he claimed he was more powerful than the sentry... this was an exageration? yes?). the hulk is on equal footing. ms marvel is near him in terms of power output, but isnt nearly as resistant to injury as thor.
    Only if this Hyperion is supposed to be tougher than the rest. Thor has beat Hyperion pleanty of times in the past. In the old handbooks Hyperion was always listed as an 85 tonner against Thor's 100 and up. Even Wonder Man (90) was supposed to be stronger than him. Hyperion's become truly dangerous when they become totally ruthless, and really go for the kill, such as happened when Wonder Man faced a dead bad Hyperion in an old Avengers annual or with King Hyperion. However, we also have never seen an unrestrained Thor always going for the kill. I've may have been okay with Superman beating Thor in AvsJLA (he IS Superman after all), however, against Hyperion (any of them) my money is on Thor (a well written one, at least).

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Only if this Hyperion is supposed to be tougher than the rest. Thor has beat Hyperion pleanty of times in the past. In the old handbooks Hyperion was always listed as an 85 tonner against Thor's 100 and up. Even Wonder Man (90) was supposed to be stronger than him. Hyperion's become truly dangerous when they become totally ruthless, and really go for the kill, such as happened when Wonder Man faced a dead bad Hyperion in an old Avengers annual or with King Hyperion. However, we also have never seen an unrestrained Thor always going for the kill. I've may have been okay with Superman beating Thor in AvsJLA (he IS Superman after all), however, against Hyperion (any of them) my money is on Thor (a well written one, at least).

Peace
    fair enough :)
    i havent read any of the old hyperion stuff. im primarly framilar with the ultimate JMS version of hyperion (which i recall they claimed when he was only just a baby, that the only way to kill him would be to use a diamond drill going for days to finaly break thru his chest, if the diamond even lasted that long, and they claimed he would get more resistant every day.) when ultimate thor faced him in ultimate power he was weakened by the spores that had been unleased in his planet.

from what ive gathered hyperion is like the equal of superman phisicaly?
    Last edited by Movieartman; 12-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.

BANNED

i hope that lady with the afro is monica.

Quote Originally Posted by pharoahe22 View Post
    I'm really not sure what people are complaining about as far as Thor taking a beating. Thor's my second favorite character and I had no problem with this. It's not like he had a flat out fight with the Hulk and was badly beaten. He got a blind-side sucker punch from a brain-washed teammate unexpectedly. That would knock anybody out if the two people are around the same power level. I had no problem with that.

Also Hulk was shown KO'ed on the ground as well.

from what ive gathered hyperion is like the equal of superman phisicaly?
    Hyperion basically IS Superman. The Marvel Version of him, that is. He was created before the official intercompany cross-overs as a way for Marvel's Avengers to face DC's JLA. He has the whole deal, super-strength, Speed, Invulnerability, atomic vison instead of heat vision (to avoid copyright infringements, appearently), etc... However, since Thor was supposed to be MARVEL's big gun, Hype never was quite in his league. There is also a less popular and known DC version of Thor called Wandjina, who, last I saw, got his ass handed to him by Captain Atom (not even by Superman). Eventually Hyperion become popular enough as to not always be constantly jobbed, but I still think Thor can own him.

Peace

Hickman started with the Avengers by a classic way . I liked this first issue , Opena art is so beautiful ! I really enjoyed the end , "Avengers Assemble at Dawn" and Cap's costume is pretty cool .
    9.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the only Avengers girls that aren't known right now are Smasher and Captain Universe - and Smasher looks white on the splash page. Which leads me to believe that the lady with the awesome fro is probably Captain Universe. Which is SUPER AWESOME.

I seriously hope she is, that would totally make my day!
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    It's Captain Universe
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    meh, it wasn't that big of a deal. Cap has to gather a team of Earth's mightiest to defeat the über-powerful people on Mars and he chooses Cannonball and Falcon? That's just idiotic. It was ok but it wasn't the best thing ever like it was advertised.
    Cannonball beat Gladiator. and so for that I know nothing can penetrate his force feild that he generates in flight.
    Cyclops ad portas

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    It's Captain Universe
    i hope captain universe is monica in disguise.

On Vacation

Hickman said Captain Universe is black in the q +a thread. too lazy to search though.

Good stuff, I liked how when Krakoa (oops I mean Ex Nihilo), captures all those X-Men (oops I mean Avengers), on his living island, (oops planet), except Cyclops (oops Captain America) is able to get away. Then Professor X, (oops I mean Captain America) is able to recruit a new team to lead the rescue.

Giant-Sized Avengers #1 was a surprisingly refreshing story.

Yeah Thor went down to sucker punch but it's not like he is the only one who got owned. iron man did not get to even fight. Hawkeye and Widow got one attack in before getting one shotted. Cap got beat to a pulp.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

What a great first issue. It was paced like a movie screenplay and Opena's art was amazing. Hickman has some amazing ideas and this will develop into something special.