Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 220
  1. #151

    Default

    Deodato is great (liked his work with Ellis on Thunderbolts), but Dillon just fits this series like a glove imo. Maybe I have a brain tumor.

  2. #152
    Member IndigoMX9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Do you think Way will comment on the Red Hulk's recent outings by Jeff Parker?
    He gained a lot of allies and enemies (Annie the LMD,Machine Man, etc.) there.
    That's a really good point, I LOVED what Jeff Parker did with Red Hulk. I am reading Red She-Hulk and it looks like Machine Man will continue with that book. I'm not sure what will happen with the LMD Annie?

    Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    Somehow I doubt it. Marvel NOW seems to be trying to give a fresh new reader start. Although the first issue didn't explain who anybody was so new readers are out of luck. His Ross so far sounds like he will be the semi-cryptic leader who reveals only what needs to be revealed as it pertains to the individual mission.

    I am curious though to see if anything in this series eventually deals with the story Jeph Loeb keeps hinting at involving a second red hulk from the future being Talbot, as seen in Avengers: X-Sanction and A+X.
    I do remember that from X-Sanction. Cable thought that Rulk was Talbot. I think that Cable was referring to Glenn Talbot's younger brother Brian Talbot who became "Grey" as part of the Gamma Corps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_Corps

  3. #153
    Senior Member Shinglepants's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    Picked it up today. Wasn't a great first issue but I'll give it an arc before I properly judge it. I dig Dillon's art, Way is alright and its an interesting line up so I have high hopes.

    Loved the Skottie Young variant cover!
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

  4. #154
    Askani'son drakeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMX9 View Post
    That's a really good point, I LOVED what Jeff Parker did with Red Hulk. I am reading Red She-Hulk and it looks like Machine Man will continue with that book. I'm not sure what will happen with the LMD Annie?



    I do remember that from X-Sanction. Cable thought that Rulk was Talbot. I think that Cable was referring to Glenn Talbot's younger brother Brian Talbot who became "Grey" as part of the Gamma Corps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_Corps
    But in A plus X #1 there is an evil red hulk in the future that sent Old Man Logan and Maestro to destroy Hulk. At the end he states that Red Hulk must die! So two Red Hulks. Cable thought Red Hulk was Talbot, a future version of Red Hulk

  5. #155
    Senior Member SomeBodyAtCBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    I thought it was awful. Set up Ross as too much of a badass and didn't click with where the Punisher is now (or where I think he'll be at the end of War Zone).

    I thought it would have been more organic if it was Castle in jail but Ross gets him pardoned for his team. This stupid "hey I set u up bro let's Hulk out and kill ppl if u willin to join mai team or else u die lolz" story was abysmal along with Dillon's dry art made this a terrible start to a meh concept.

  6. #156
    Member IndigoMX9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    But in A plus X #1 there is an evil red hulk in the future that sent Old Man Logan and Maestro to destroy Hulk. At the end he states that Red Hulk must die! So two Red Hulks. Cable thought Red Hulk was Talbot, a future version of Red Hulk
    I just picked up A+X#1 this weekend. I have no idea where Leob is going with, "Red Hulk must die?" It left more questions than answers. I'm sure that will be conflict for a future story.

    I'm a little worried that Way is lapsing into his old bad habits. The issue wasn't bad, but there wasn't a lot there. It felt like the third issue of his old obsessive 5 issue arcs. Also, not enough Deadpool. I'm buying this series primarily to see him continue his work with the character. Overall it reminds me of Uncanny X-Force with Red Hulk instead of Wolverine. I like the pun in the use of General "Thunderbolt" Ross, but I don't really care about any of the characters except for Deadpool who has his own solo book so probably won't get much development. I'll see if it grows on me, but I might end up dropping it before the inevitable synthesis with the classic Thunderbolts like the end of Diggle's run.
    I was chatting with friends and we all agree that Marvel is trying to recreate the Wow-factor of Wolverine with Cable, Puck, Rulk, Punisher, etc.

    Deadpool had no development in Daniel Way's 63 issue run on the book, so he definitely wont here. Remender did more for Deadpool than Way ever did. Most writers treat Deadpool as a joke, and its too bad cause they could do so much more with his character than making him a cartoon clown. The new Marvel NOW deadpool is no better, 3 issues in and the series is boring.

    But I did like his short scene in Thunderbolts #1. As long as he doesn't resort to his multiple narration box mindspeak I will enjoy this.
    I always thought of Deadpool as the comic relief, especially when they refer to him as the "Merc with the Mouth." I keep hearing mixed things that Daniel Way had ruined Deadpool? He has lasted as long as others who wrote the book about 60-issues.

  7. #157

    Default

    According to the solicits, looks like we're getting Phil Noto as the artist starting with Issue #7. Sadly, it also looks like that's when we no longer have Tedesco as the cover artist :(

  8. #158
    Junior Member Bionder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    According to the solicits, looks like we're getting Phil Noto as the artist starting with Issue #7. Sadly, it also looks like that's when we no longer have Tedesco as the cover artist :(
    It's sad, i like Tedesco's art. Phil Noto's art seems polished, let's see what he will do.
    Last edited by Bionder; 12-12-2012 at 10:22 AM.

  9. #159
    Member IndigoMX9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    According to the solicits, looks like we're getting Phil Noto as the artist starting with Issue #7. Sadly, it also looks like that's when we no longer have Tedesco as the cover artist :(
    TsaiMeLemoni are you a telepath or have precognitive powers? How did you find out that Phil Noto is the artist with issue #7? I like his art. :)

    http://www.comicvine.com/elektra/29-...0/105-2017387/
    Last edited by IndigoMX9; 12-12-2012 at 12:07 PM.

  10. #160

    Default

    lol I wish! No, I just read the solicits that came out today.

  11. #161
    i need drink scouse mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    liverpool, merseyside
    Posts
    2,342

    Default

    The March 2013 solicits are out and have Noto listed as the artist for #7. I love him as well so I'm well pleased!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42630
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

  12. #162
    Member IndigoMX9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    lol I wish! No, I just read the solicits that came out today.
    I had no idea that Marvel does that for upcoming titles? No wonder all the comic websites have "breaking news". Thanks for the 411!

    Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    The March 2013 solicits are out and have Noto listed as the artist for #7. I love him as well so I'm well pleased!
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42630
    Awesome, thank you! I am SO excited about this book. I've been reading a lot of feedback, many are interested in the characters but refuse to buy the book because of the creative team. Hopefully it will be around for a while.

  13. #163

    Default

    I am wondering if the artist change to Phil Noto will bring in anyone who originally eschewed this book...Dillon's art seemed to be the biggest detractor for folks.

  14. #164
    Member IndigoMX9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    I am wondering if the artist change to Phil Noto will bring in anyone who originally eschewed this book...Dillon's art seemed to be the biggest detractor for folks.
    I hope so! When the book was announced, I saw a lot of feedback that people loved the concept but were turned off because of Way and Dillon; who I had never herd of before?

    From what I've read, Steve Dillon was fantastic on Hellblazer, Preacher, independent books, but he should NOT draw super hero's. I saw some of his art and I thought oh OK cool. Then it was explained to me that he draws the same face (Jesse Custer from Preacher) on ALL the characters.

    According to some people, Daniel Way had ruined Wolverine Origins and Deadpool? I hadn't read the books, so I don't know personally? From what I've seen, Deadpool is a complex character, a comedian that is somewhat crazy; I don't know how that could be messed up? Way's run on Deadpool for over 60-issues which is about the same as other writers before him. He must have been doing something right, go figure?

  15. #165
    Senior Member Zen-aku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMX9 View Post
    I hope so! When the book was announced, I saw a lot of feedback that people loved the concept but were turned off because of Way and Dillon; who I had never herd of before?

    From what I've read, Steve Dillon was fantastic on Hellblazer, Preacher, independent books, but he should NOT draw super hero's. I saw some of his art and I thought oh OK cool. Then it was explained to me that he draws the same face (Jesse Custer from Preacher) on ALL the characters.

    According to some people, Daniel Way had ruined Wolverine Origins and Deadpool? I hadn't read the books, so I don't know personally? From what I've seen, Deadpool is a complex character, a comedian that is somewhat crazy; I don't know how that could be messed up? Way's run on Deadpool for over 60-issues which is about the same as other writers before him. He must have been doing something right, go figure?
    Way did not ruin deadpool.

    Way's Pool had more depth and wrote him with more skill then the guys who wrote Cable and Deadpool.

    Wolverine Orgins was shit thogh
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •