Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I just can't get past the foul dialog. At least it's pretty to look at.
    You didn't like Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    She's vulnerable and feels naked I don't think she'll try anything other than figure her own stuff out. She admitted herself their mutations have been changed so the question is what's Emma's trade off for the de-powered TP?
    We don't know the exact nature of what happened to their powers. So it's all speculation till then. I mean none of the others lost anything it's just odd or intentional cause it's going to be some "shocking" reveal later on that she really does have her telepathy.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-06-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Good grief, is he going to be running around defending himself every time people don't like an issue? I think that has the potential to get pretty tedious pretty quickly. I don't know what the issue is. I mean, I imagine a lot of us who said "You know, the dialogue kind of sucked" are still going to keep buying the damned thing.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Did you ask him about Colossus?
    Yeah a little. He said his powers will be affected by the Phoenix as well (I think this is mentioned in the CaXF solit for issue #3). The only other interesting tid bit I got was that there will be another member to Cable's team after the first arc.

Other than that, he really talked about his work on AA and how he was loving it. He said despite what everyone thinks, it's really character driven (instead of the gorefest everyone seems to be expecting). We'll see.

He's doing a signing next week at my LCS (CaXF and AA launch).
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You didn't like Rachel?
    Rachel was in this? I must have blocked it out, like Bendis AVX crossover.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Emma was just so off, ignoring her being someone completely different, one second shes pissed, then its smell you later guys, followed by "maybe we do belong in prison" so reflective, lol. Scotts also back to being a complete wuss. Maybe he'll grovel to Beast and Wolverine next.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    See, that's the thing. I wouldn't be bringing this up if Emma vaguely acknowledged that she did bad things first and then lashed out at Cyclops out of spite.

Right now, she seems to be stuck in "I didn't do anything wrong, it was all Scott!" mode. Not only that, but Bendis wrote the "All I ever did was love you" scene from AvX #11. The evidence so far isn't exactly hinting at Emma taking a good long look in the mirror any time soon.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.
    Emma in denial is par for course. It would be ridiculous if she wasn't this soon. Her waffleing like an idiot, lashing out at everything and everyone haphazardly in between whining like a depressed romantic and talking like a valley girl is off.
    Last edited by Rotm; 12-06-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You didn't like Rachel?

We don't know the exact nature of what happened to their powers. So it's all speculation till then. I mean none of the others lost anything it's just odd or intentional cause it's going to be some "shocking" reveal later on that she really does have her telepathy.
    Bendis clarified on his twitter what happen. She got de-powered but I'm speculating a trade off with this idea of "change mutation"

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yeah a little. He said his powers will be affected by the Phoenix as well (I think this is mentioned in the CaXF solit for issue #3). The only other interesting tid bit I got was that there will be another member to Cable's team after the first arc.

Other than that, he really talked about his work on AA and how he was loving it. He said despite what everyone thinks, it's really character driven (instead of the gorefest everyone seems to be expecting). We'll see.

He's doing a signing next week at my LCS (CaXF and AA launch).
    I say Hope joins

If she's done talking like a fake bloody brit crumpet, I like it better than "blablabla, darling."
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

I say Hope joins
    They way I understood it, she is already on the team. It's interesting because he also said the original plan was for Hope to lose her powers at the end of AvX, but they changed that at the last minute.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

They way I understood it, she is already on the team. It's interesting because he also said the original plan was for Hope to lose her powers at the end of AvX, but they changed that at the last minute.
    I believe that, I'm just saying that she won't be in the first arc of CaXF but will be big in the second and that'll be the official joining.

Heh, what are the odds that Hope was a government experiment to produce weapons

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    Good grief, is he going to be running around defending himself every time people don't like an issue? I think that has the potential to get pretty tedious pretty quickly. I don't know what the issue is. I mean, I imagine a lot of us who said "You know, the dialogue kind of sucked" are still going to keep buying the damned thing.
    This is the first time I've ever seen Bendis defend his work. Every other time he's content to let the work speak for itself (even when Hawkeye died in the lamest way possible). Still, I'm glad he spoke up because I was having trouble understanding why she spoke the way that she did. I think his explanation is adequate, but I'm not sure I agree 100% with his interpretation of the character.

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Whaaaaat the hell? Emma has no telepathy now?!
    Ummmm... guys... isn't it QUITE CLEAR Emma is Mystique? Diamond form is an illusion... no telepathy? B*tch, please!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

lol, wise decision. That would have been terrible and pointless. Hopeless sounds like a cool guy, though. I liked Gearhead.

And the new member is likely someone other than Hope, they're former X-force apparently.

I believe that, I'm just saying that she won't be in the first arc of CaXF but will be big in the second and that'll be the official joining.

Heh, what are the odds that Hope was a government experiment to produce weapons
    Hopeless already said that whoever joins after the first arc is an original X-Force member. So I'm banking on either Feral or Boomer, simply because the team is already male heavy. And Cannonball and Sunspot are in Avengers, Shatterstar and Rictor are in X-Factor, and Warpath would be pretty redundant with Colossus on the team as the powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Ummmm... guys... isn't it QUITE CLEAR Emma is Mystique? Diamond form is an illusion... no telepathy? B*tch, please!
    With all the bullets she took in AXM #1, even Mystique would have a hard time healing from those.
    [x]