Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I buy his books when they're good, like Jason Aaron's run before his closing story in Japan (including "Get Mystique"), and Millar's "Enemy of the State"/"Agent of SHIELD" story. For all we know, this could be like those.

Why people who don't like the character or his books offer their commentary--I have no idea.
    I feel the same way.

And while this is taking the thread off topic, I thought that Aaron's run seriously dragged after it was relaunched. Wolverine: Weapon X was in-freaking-credible and the most fun I've ever had reading Wolverine, by far. But once it relaunched, goddamn, that hell story just would.not.end.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

To the posters who keep complaining that Marvel is wasting Excalibur/MI-13/Captain Britain talent: Did it occur to you that maybe Cornell and Davis want to do a Wolverine book, and not a Excalibur/MI-13/Captain Britain book (again)?

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

I buy his books when they're good, like Jason Aaron's run before his closing story in Japan (including "Get Mystique"), and Millar's "Enemy of the State"/"Agent of SHIELD" story. For all we know, this could be like those.

Why people who don't like the character or his books offer their commentary--I have no idea.
    im a little sick of the wolverine hate..its more of a trend than anything, if u hate the character, get of the forum...an opinion is ok, but i hate him cause i hate him is not worth posting

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Wolverine's a shit character. This book will be great in spite of him.

Sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    im a little sick of the wolverine hate..its more of a trend than anything, if u hate the character, get of the forum...an opinion is ok, but i hate him cause i hate him is not worth posting
    The Wolverine hate stems from them wanting some Z-lister to get his/her on title or be on a team title. They think Wolverine is the reason that Marvel won't make a solo or team title so the Z-lister can have the spotlight. But they are wrong Marvel found out that he sells just like Spiderman. The Z-listers don't thats why Marvel will not give most of them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    Wolverine's a shit character. This book will be great in spite of him.
    What you mean is it will sell because of him. There have been some pretty crappy Wolverine stories that sold very well. Like Aaron's Wolverine after it relaunched.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    What you mean is it will sell because of him. There have been some pretty crappy Wolverine stories that sold very well. Like Aaron's Wolverine after it relaunched.
    Great =/= Sales.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    The Wolverine hate stems from them wanting some Z-lister to get his/her on title or be on a team title. They think Wolverine is the reason that Marvel won't make a solo or team title so the Z-lister can have the spotlight. But they are wrong Marvel found out that he sells just like Spiderman. The Z-listers don't thats why Marvel will not give most of them a shot.

lol @ he sells just like Spider-Man

To the posters who keep complaining that Marvel is wasting Excalibur/MI-13/Captain Britain talent: Did it occur to you that maybe Cornell and Davis want to do a Wolverine book, and not a Excalibur/MI-13/Captain Britain book (again)?
    There's also nothing to suggest that they didn't just take what Marvel offered.

I don't even really care that they aren't doing an MI-13 book - doesn't change the fact that they're totally miscast here and frankly, nothing about this interview excites me - it all feels a bit bland. Compare that to Cornell's interviews leading up to his run on Action Comics, which made it sound very exciting.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    lol @ he sells just like Spider-Man
    I mean Wolverine is one of Marvels cash cows not that he sells the same or better than Spider-man. My point is still valid.

Great =/= Sales.
    What does Great=/=Sales mean?
    Last edited by nnelg; 12-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.

If this guy calls him James one more time, my head will explode. I can't get with a writer, writing a Wolverine book calling him James.

He wants to respect Claremont but sounds like he reads cliff notes regarding Wolverine after 2003.

Not interested until he shows that he shows that he at least knows Wolverine's name. Eff that James Howlett crap

EDIT:

I forgot I brought this up on his website. Here is his response

Stay@HomeDad Says: 5:14 AM

I'm excited to see you come on Wolverine and hopefully you have a nice, long over arching story to tell that is actually full of layers.

on a serious note, because we fanboys are like that, Wolverine's name is Logan, with his birth name being James Howlett. Not "James Logan". James Logan as his name does not exist.

Paul Cornell Says: 7:37 AM

That's the name he's chosen to go by now, in my series. I think, as a long time reader, you may enjoy, and find it quite easy to work out, why he would do that.
    Last edited by JmH Reborn; 12-05-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Great does not (necessarily) equate to sales.

Great does not (necessarily) equate to sales.
    I never said great.I just pointed out that he sells very well for Marvel. You know what? I would like to see other characters in the spotlight too. Thats why i started the thread about What X-character in a solo. I as a HUGE Wolverine fan would like to see him slimed down in the number of books he appears in. I think that a lot off people write him poorly or misuse him. I mean whats the point putting a character in a book if he/she is always in the background like in the Avengers titles.I think all characters that are on a team should equal time. The Avengers movie did a good job of that.