Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    The reason they Can't do this with the whole Reboot is because different people want to different things with different characters and there is no way to streamline every body comepletely because that kills their creativity. I say Johns is doing a pretty good action book and is building friendships between his Characters because they say the Justice League as A Side-Job to their solo-superheroing and not as a team. Now they figure they should really mesh well and become a team and it is getting alot better and plots are building up.

I Love James but there is no way We could have as streamlined a Story and Worldbuilding if each of his characters had Solo titles on top of also this book.
    I couldn't agree more with this post. Earth 2 and Justice League are two different books, and both are great for their own reasons. I love them both for what they differently bring to the table, and the last thing I want is for everything to be the same. It's very fitting that Earth 2 is a different beast, and that's the way it should be. I want both books to keep doing what they're doing for a long time.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

While I still miss my old WWII GA JSA I realize DC had to try this new DCU. What has surprised me is how much of the new stuff I do enjoy including this book. I understand it just isn't feasible anymore to have heroes that are 100 yrs old.

At Marvel at least they only have to explain Capt America & Namor's connection to WWII.

Last edited by md62; 12-09-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    This is probably one of the best team books. No, scratch that, one of the best books that DC is publishing.

What I like the most about this title (Besides the worldbuilding of course), is the amount of personality that Robinson injects on each character from Alan Scott, Hawkgirl, Mr. Terrific (Who has a better portrayal here than in his last series) and especially the interaction between Terry Sloan and Amar Khan, both distrust each other and both have secret plans for against each other too.

It's necessary to mention the worldbuilding on each issue since Robinson does a pretty nice work at it, from the introduction to Mr. Terrific to the cast, the return of the amazons, etc.

Plus, bad news and good news, Red Tornado is indeed an android but it's also a female android so the reintroduction of Ma Hunkel is still a possiblity.

Seriously guys, this book is the real deal, my favorite of the week.
    I loved the old JSA, but this Earth 2 version is fantastic. Every single issue has been stellar, one of my favorites and a instant read off the stack. I love the nods to future characters for long time fans of the JSA, and I love all of the updated costumes and characters.

What I love bout james robinson is the emotions I feel for the characters. There is so much emotion that the characters feel Idk how to put it other then it makes me feel ambivalent of the whole story. Same way with star man the characters were so human that I felt something tragic could happen to them at anytime but then I also feel happy for them. It's weird I don't really know how to put in words does what I am saying make any sense?

I'm just(ice) absolutely loving this book! People say that JL and JLD were slow with its origins, but this is slower,yet so much more entertaining. I feel so sad for Alan, I hate Sloan in that manupulating villain way. There isn't a lot to hate about him, but you just know that he is one of the most evil villains out there. Sandman was so badass, Khan was awesome in his manipulating ways. I'm really loving the political aspect being brought to the book. I didn't even notice it wasn't Scott until I looked on the cover. More of that please!

And give me a Green Lantern and a Sandman book with Khan as a supporting character damnit! They have so much potential for ongoing series!

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    I'm just(ice) absolutely loving this book! People say that JL and JLD were slow with its origins, but this is slower,yet so much more entertaining. I feel so sad for Alan, I hate Sloan in that manupulating villain way. There isn't a lot to hate about him, but you just know that he is one of the most evil villains out there. Sandman was so badass, Khan was awesome in his manipulating ways. I'm really loving the political aspect being brought to the book. I didn't even notice it wasn't Scott until I looked on the cover. More of that please!

And give me a Green Lantern and a Sandman book with Khan as a supporting character damnit! They have so much potential for ongoing series!
    Sandman Mystery Theatre is one of my all-time favorite books, and I never fully enjoyed all versions of Sandy that were an attempt to update him. However, this Wesley Dodds is great. I love this revised version of Dodds leading a group of Sandmen. Love this book!

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

LOVING this title! Just wonder how long though in light of what happened over in Batgirl before some hot shot new editor decides they don't like Robinson's approach, despite the great sales numbers, and dump him off Earth 2.

As to this issue, fun to see the construction of Red Torndado, who is now a female. The dynamic with Alan was interesting seeing him dealing/not dealing with the loss of his boyfriend Sam.

Anyone else think that Sloan might have used the very anti-life equation that he nuked multiple cities on Earth for to deny Darkseid and Steppenwolf armies, and used it to mentally enslave Mr. Terrific? Man, this guy is SO Lex Luthor level of bad, and that's totally GOOD!
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 12-12-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: edit
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I want to say that this is, for me, the best issue of Earth 2 by far. It almost - almost - makes up for the fact that it was preceded by the worst issue of the series so far. Grundy had been rampaging for so long I found myself - smack dab in the middle of the issue with Khan talking to Sloan - wondering what was going on with his storyline before I reminded myself, "Oh, yeah, it was resolved in an extremly underwhelming way last issue." Thank God it's over with, though.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbonex View Post
    this Wesley Dodds is great. I love this revised version of Dodds leading a group of Sandmen. Love this book!
    I loved how each Sandman had a different national flag pinned to his breast, showing the cooperation of each in the World Army. Was I the only one waiting to hear the names of the other Sandmen be things like Sandy Hawkins, Kieran Marshall, Daniel Hall, Hector Hall, and Garrett Sanford?

Default New Doctor Fate?

I've seen some speculation on the web that the new Dr. Fate may be the same guy that the Flash encountered in E2 #2, the guy walking around muttering about signs in the sky.

Robinson had said that we had already met one of the new Wonders, so this speculation might be a good catch. But the Flash immediately heads off to Poland after this encounter, where he meets Hawkgirl, who tells him that she was directed there by ... Dr. Fate.

Bi- location would be an easy enough trick for a warrior mage. And we could have Fate adopting a weird persona, sort of like Rorschach, but I'm doubtful.

My nomination for the unidentified new Wonder is the Guardian, on account of one of the guys in Al Pratt's squad is named Harper -- the only one who is identified by name. Back in the All-Star Squadron days, the Guardian and the Atom were both trained by the same guy -- Wildcat, too, as I recall. So, I'm wondering if there's an E2 equivalent to that old friendship.