Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hulk vs Atomic Skull, Livewire, Parasite, Silver Banshee

Hulk vs Atomic Skull, Livewire, Parasite, Silver Banshee

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a gauntlet. It is 4 individual fights.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Fight 1

Atomic Skull

Equipment: Standard equipment for both

Rules: No BFRs/Ringouts, No Preptime

Atomic Skull's powers and abilities include but are not limited to: superhuman strength, radioactive controlled energy blasts, and flight
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Fight 2

Livewire

Location: Abandoned City unfamiliar to both, Power is on in the city.

Livewire's powers and abilities include but are not limited to:
    absorb/generate/manipulate electricity and magnetism, transform into a being of solidified electricity, transform into pure electric current that allows her to travel through conductive mediums
    Last edited by dawsey28; 12-05-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Fight 3

Parasite

Parasite's powers and abilities include but are not limited to: energy absorption, enhanced strength and agility, life force absorption, DNA absorption

Fight 4

Silver Banshee

Silver Banshee's powers and abilities include but are not limited to:
    superhuman strength, speed, stamina, endurance, sonic scream (as long as she knows their true identity), teleportation (via sonic scream)

Fight 5

Hulk vs Atomic Skull, Livewire, Parasite, Silver Banshee

Hulk fights all 4 at once.

Equipment: Standard equipment for each

Rules:
    No BFRs/Ringouts, They fight in character
    Last edited by dawsey28; 05-15-2013 at 11:48 PM.

They fight in character
    Whoever you like more

They fight in character
    Whoever you like more

They fight in character
    Whoever you like more

They fight in character
    Whoever the writer wants to win

Asked another way, how do you feel these fights go?

???

I'm confused. Should I take out the "They fight in character" rule? Are they mismatches? They all give Superman trouble, so I thought they'd be good matches for Hulk.

Who do I personally like more? The B-list Superman villains/rogues.

How do I personally feel the fights would go?

Their versatility would help and they might knock Hulk around a little, but Hulk would probably overcome that.

Atomic Skull's radiation would probably be like a snack for Hulk. Hulk has a pretty decent record against energy/electricity based characters, energy drainers, and magic based characters.

Hulk would probably win all four matches. Not easily, but he would most likely win the majority in the end. He would probably have the most trouble with Parasite and the least trouble with Atomic Skull.

But, hey what do I know? I could be mistaken. I could be wrong. That is the reason I made the thread: to get other people's input on the matter.

If Atomic Skull can give out the right type of radiation or whatever comic sci-fi mumbo jumbo you want to use, and if Parasite can actually drain him significantly and quickly without overloading or being affected by the Gamma radiation, and if Silver Banshee knows he's Bruce Banner, than it'll be very close for all three. Otherwise, Hulk takes it.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Should I take out the "They fight in character" rule?
    What do you feel "they fight in character" means?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    What do you feel "they fight in character" means?
    That rule doesn't even matter all that much in these fights. It means they are not bloodlusted. If the character have morals, then they have morals during the fight. They fight and act as like they would in comics.

They fight and act as like they would in comics.
    Then the answer is, like it is in comics, "whoever the writer wants to win".

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Then the answer is, like it is in comics, "whoever the writer wants to win".
    What Pendragon is trying to say here is that writers come up with ways for heroes and villains to exploit the weaknesses of characters all the time. For example, Spidey once beat Juggernaut by covering his eyes and holding on for dear life until Juggy accidently walked into a pit of newly poored cement. To the average Spidey fan, this means Spider-Man can beat Juggernaut. To us, we understand that this was a win strictly because the writer wrote the circumstances to happen just in the right way to allow Spidey to win against a foe he could never beat on his best day.

It is this same Plot Induced Stupity (PIS) written by the writers that allow villains like Captain Cold to be a menance to Flash.

So, when you stipulate that the characters are acting in character, this opens the fight for us to use PIS and CIS (character induced studity such as monologuing) to write wins for whichever character we like.

Atomic Skull: Easy win for Hulk, radiation only makes him stronger.
    Livewire: I don't think she'd have the juice to put Hulk down in an "abandoned" city, unless they had some reason to leave the power turned on.
    Parasite: Hulk has a LOT of victories under his belt against a power-absorbing guy, I don't see Parasite pulling a win here.
    Banshee: Probably fast enough to stay out of his reach, but how powerful are her sonic attacks?
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Thank you!!!

I didn't mean for the matches to allow PIS or CIS.

Ok fair enough. When I said they fight in character, I mainly meant that if the character isn't normally bloodlusted, then he/she is not for the fight.

Example: If the fight was Superman vs Nightwing (Just using this as an example). Then Superman wouldn't be allowed to kill Nightwing in a picosecond, because Superman normally doesn't go for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Banshee: Probably fast enough to stay out of his reach, but how powerful are her sonic attacks?
    Superman has built up an immunity over the years, but her first attack put him in a coma that people mistook for death. This is pre-Flashpoint.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

The whole issue about bloodlust is entirely irrelevant. You have four murderous villains and a rage-beast hero. THEY'RE BASICALLY ALL ALWAYS BLOODLUSTED.

As to the battles:

Atomic Skull: I can't see him doing any damage to Hulk unless he spends a while finding the specific type of radiation that might affect him, by which time Hulk would have thunderclapped and then murder-stomped him.

Livewire: Hulk has fought and beaten Zzzaxx on many occasions, taking everything that Mr Sparkandcrackly could throw at him. I don't see how this is much different.

Parasite: This is a more tricky one. I know Rhyvurg said that Hulk had regularly beaten "a power-absorbing guy", but if that's supposed to be Absorbing Man, then a) I don't think Creel has ever absorbed Hulk himself, and b) Creel is DUMB. Parasite is less so. That being said, I'm going to admit I don't really know enough about Parasites powers in terms of mechanics. Does he duplicate Hulk's powers (in which case Hulk would still win, due to having shown a much greater capacity for rage than just about anybody)? Or does he drain the powers from Hulk (in which case Parasite clearly wins)?

Silver Banshee: I just don't know enough about her, but I suspect Hulk wouldn't deal with very high-level sonics particularly well.

(Oh, and when did Pendaran become called "Pendragon"?)
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Hulk has a pretty decent record against energy/electricity based characters, energy drainers, and magic based characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey28 View Post
    Hulk has a pretty decent record against energy/electricity based characters, energy drainers, and magic based characters.
    So basically you posted a bunch of fights of the Hulk vs people you feel can't possibly beat him?