Yoda's true Master. Darth Twiggy's Avatar

Default Hi, Im new here :)

Just found these cool threads today and decided to join.
    It looks like a cool way to connect and converse with other Comic Book fans.
    So hi everyone.
    i LOVE comics, don you guys love comics? they're awesome right?!
    Beautiful covers, wonderful stories and interesting characters, comics are great.
    Anyway just wanted to say hi to everybody and especially hi to anybody who LOVES Wonder Woman because
    I Love Wonder Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Twiggy View Post
    Just found these cool threads today and decided to join.
    It looks like a cool way to connect and converse with other Comic Book fans.
    So hi everyone.
    i LOVE comics, don you guys love comics? they're awesome right?!
    Beautiful covers, wonderful stories and interesting characters, comics are great.
    Anyway just wanted to say hi to everybody and especially hi to anybody who LOVES Wonder Woman because
    I Love Wonder Woman!
    LOL... Hi Twiggy! I remember you from the old DCMB, I think! So what do you think of the Nu52 Wonder Woman?

Hey! I think i remember you?
    You had the same name in the old DCMB right? You sound familiar.
    Anyway, i have mixed feelings about the Nu52 WW. On one hand this Wonder Woman doesnt remind me much of the WW i love and know but on the other hand
    i have to admit that Azarello is a good story teller and the New WW story is pretty interesting.
    The first 7 issues were the most painful to read but im getting numb to it lol, im enjoying it now i guess.
    Issue 6 was the only issue where i felt angry because i think that was the issue where Azarello gave us the tale about the Amazons having brothers which REEEEEAAALLY grinded my gears especially because they had brothers as a result of raping sea men. Ugh i hated that issue but of course i kept reading.
    I wish that part never happened in this New WW universe but what can we do, im just trying to enjoy it as best i can and like I said even though this isnt the best interpretation of WW, its still a good writing by Azarello.
    What about you? Any highlights you loved? or were any of your gears grinded? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Twiggy View Post
    Hey! I think i remember you?
    You had the same name in the old DCMB right? You sound familiar.
    Anyway, i have mixed feelings about the Nu52 WW. On one hand this Wonder Woman doesnt remind me much of the WW i love and know but on the other hand
    i have to admit that Azarello is a good story teller and the New WW story is pretty interesting.
    The first 7 issues were the most painful to read but im getting numb to it lol, im enjoying it now i guess.
    Issue 6 was the only issue where i felt angry because i think that was the issue where Azarello gave us the tale about the Amazons having brothers which REEEEEAAALLY grinded my gears especially because they had brothers as a result of raping sea men. Ugh i hated that issue but of course i kept reading.
    I wish that part never happened in this New WW universe but what can we do, im just trying to enjoy it as best i can and like I said even though this isnt the best interpretation of WW, its still a good writing by Azarello.
    What about you? Any highlights you loved? or were any of your gears grinded? lol
    Yep. That's me. Same name as DCMB.

I had more gears grinded than a sports car! LOL. Ironically enough, not really that many from Azzarello, but by the artwork! I HATED Chiang's style, until Tony Akins came in, and that really depressed me because his style is really really not to my own personal liking. It gets to the point where I pray for Chiang now! LOL. Admittedly, Chiang turned in some really really nice artwork on some panels here and there and I must admit that the colorist really brought it home for me, particularly during the first issues.

BTW.. that's issue 7 where the Amazons are depicted as the ship-raiding vixens. Not 6, but you almost remembered right!

I love Wonder Woman's personalization (not in Justice League) but I too, like you.. feel as though she's a different Wonder Woman from some alternate earth. This is not a put down, just a personal observation of mine. A lot of people have criticized Azzarello regarding her "voice" but when he gets it right, he gets it right.

Moderate Moderator Javier Velasco's Avatar

Welcome to the boards Darth Twiggy :)

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Hi DT. I hope you enjoy your time here
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

I dont have much of a problem with Chiangs artwork. Before the relaunch happened i do remember being upset that Chiang was going to do the Artwork while all the Sups, Bats and GL books had amazing artists. Now though, I dont mind it. but yes, Akins IS a bad idea. i dont like his work at all. I dont have much of a problem with Justice League WW from Johns but the sword needs to be put away.

Thanks brettc1 and Javier, love both your icon pic things by the way.

CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar

Welcome aboard! :)
    Gaelforce
    WW Forum Mom
    WW/Superman/TV & Film Moderator