Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow, it seems like a lot of people come on here with the express purpose of slamming this book. I enjoy it each month for one reason because I get to see two of my favorite characters that are not appearing anywhere else. Along with Earth-2 I look forward to reading this title every month...

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaker1 View Post
    I look forward to reading this title every month...
    Me too, which is why I seldom have anything to contribute to the monthly Worlds' Finest preview/review/complaint thread.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Worlds' Finest, My Little Pony, The Flash, Birds of Prey, Batman '66

Wow, it seems like a lot of people come on here with the express purpose of slamming this book. I enjoy it each month for one reason because I get to see two of my favorite characters that are not appearing anywhere else.
    To take this literally, if that was your one reason for getting the book wouldn't that leave a lot to complain about? You didn't mention if you do like the book in general or not, though I assume you do since you look forward to it. Though that'd mean you have more than one reason.

Simply having characters we already like isn't enough. That gets people to give it a chance, but if they're not liking the story and overall quality then criticism is warranted. If anything, being a fan of the character means you'd be extra disappointed if you're not into what the book is doing.
    DROKK IT!!

Personally thought this latest issue was a real stinker.
    I'm tempted to take my money elsewhere (to another title) next month. . .
    Square City Comics - Come check us out!

Just as I was beginning to settle into this issue and enjoy myself it ended. Was like a pamphlet or brochure.

Along with Earth-2 I look forward to reading this title every month...
    Me too. I'm really enjoying this take on the characters and their friendship. It captures the best of the pre-COIE stories within the Nu52 context. And I'm really loving the artwork: two of my favorite artists splitting chores on this book -- it's incredible.

This is one of the books I really looked forward to reading this past week. And it didn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    What I remember is a non-powered Batman going in to save Superman...

I generally enjoy this book, but a Power Girl who hates boom tubes more than she cares about endangered kids (even if they did shoot at her) is pretty lame.
    Yeah Power Girl has not exactly done much that shows her as a hero. Most of the time she comes off as a manipulative self centered a-hole.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

I totally don't blame Power Girl for not saving the little bastards who tried to kill her. Hello! It definitely was not worth it for her, and probably woudn't have done any good anyway.

Yeah, I like this comic too. Sure it's a little slow, but it's not as slow as it was in the beginning. The pace is picking up and the story is moving well. I want to know more about this Apokolips Beast.

I can't wait until next issue!
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

I might be in the minority here, but I really enjoyed this issue and have enjoyed every issue so far. Was really pleased withboth he story and artwork, am finally starting to come around on Maguire's art style. Was a little dissappointed that Powergirls suit held up to both the gun and fire, thought they were leaning towards replacing the suit after acknowlegding it as a protoype last issue.

Yoda's true Master. Darth Twiggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by speedline View Post
    I might be in the minority here, but I really enjoyed this issue and have enjoyed every issue so far. Was really pleased withboth he story and artwork, am finally starting to come around on Maguire's art style. Was a little dissappointed that Powergirls suit held up to both the gun and fire, thought they were leaning towards replacing the suit after acknowlegding it as a protoype last issue.
    I speedline, i enjoyed the issue too.
    It wasnt great in my opinion but it was a decent read for 3 bucks.
    It feels like their isnt much happening in the book but there is some pretty good dialogue

Yeah I enjoyed it. But by the time I realized I was actually enjoying an issue of Worlds' Finest, the issue just up and ended on me.

Dull issue. New direction is needed imho.

Quote Originally Posted by DaronK View Post
    (I enjoy the relationship between Helena and PG & I thoroughly enjoy Mcguire's art)
    The back and forth between the two women and the art is a big draw for me and I have liked every issue so far. It has made my pull list and I don't see a reason to cut this book lose.

As far as Damian goes I don't know a lot about him other then what I saw of him in the 0 issue he was in, thats it thats all I know about him.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    I'm really enjoying this take on the characters and their friendship. It captures the best of the pre-COIE stories within the Nu52 context. And I'm really loving the artwork: two of my favorite artists splitting chores on this book -- it's incredible.

This is one of the books I really looked forward to reading this past week. And it didn't disappoint.
    I could not say it any better. Well said jsf. It's even better then what I just posted.

John

Quote Originally Posted by speedline View Post
    Me too. I like this book a lot, its the interaction between the two more than the adventure that they get in each issue that I like. Maguires art, though for me, is fantastic and I have always loved it. In fact, I am surprised to see so many people here disliking it. It's not a top 10 book for me, but its a good fun read.