Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Probably the only reason I'd buy this would be for Special Features, if there's something cool included. Don't feel the need to watch actual movie again anytime soon. Which is weird because I went through a stage of watching Begins almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Probably the only reason I'd buy this would be for Special Features, if there's something cool included. Don't feel the need to watch actual movie again anytime soon. Which is weird because I went through a stage of watching Begins almost daily.
    First of all, that sounds awesome.
    Second, my urge to see this movie again is great. Saw it 4 times in theaters, still need more. I love this movie so much. Anyways, I hope the special features are good. How are they on Begins and TDK?

From the limited amount that I've read, the blu ray release of TDKR has the best set of releases of any of the films in the trilogy...I thought the extras on Begins and TDK were good but nothing groundbreaking...I don't believe Nolan does a commentary for any of the flicks...
    Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final. -HST-

nolan dropped the ball with this one and thats saying it nicely. this peace of crap will not get my money again. dick's real name was robin? but they would not name him dick. batman was not a detective in the movie and didn't fight like a ninja. with the greatness of the first two and i expected much more from dkr. batman does not mope for 8 years because the woman he loves dies.it strengthens his resolve to make sure that it does not happen to somebody else. thats the character not the baby we seen in the movies. i am not saying this to start a fight. i will leave everybody alone now.

I'm just waiting for the other trilogy boxset coming out in 2013. It will probably have the best features for The Dark Knight Rises, as well.

I pre-ordered the blu ray special edition trilogy. I already own Dark Knight on BD, but only have Begins on dvd, and the trilogy set was cheaper at pre-order than ordering Begins and Rises separately. So I'll probably give my extra Dark Knight to a friend or something.

I'm getting the Best Buy because of the Batman Reborn bonus disc, I'm more into extra features than fancy packaging.

The two disc dvd in Australia had a random batmobile feature and a brief making of that reveals almost nothing. Plus they throw in all four trailers. That's pretty much it. The blu ray seems to be the same story here.

Went into Wal-Mart to pick up the trilogy edition, and for some reason they had one last Broken Cowl blu-ray limited edition for only 25 bucks, so I couldn't pass it up. My only complain is that it feels a little cheap and I expected it to be made out of better material, still looks awesome on my shelf though. Since there was only 35,000 made, it's cool it tells you what number you own.

Got the Broken Cowl set it's very cool looking had to go to five different stores to find a copy. I was very surprised that it was limited to 35,000 pieces guess warner brothers did this because the batpod version of the dark knight is still sitting in places

Default Is TDK Rises (digital version only) from Amazon Blu-Ray quality?

Have no blu-ray player, not going to get one for one movie. Not going to get the DVD version because I heard it doesn't have the IMAX shots in them. Is the digital-only version (http://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Knigh...4675406&sr=8-1) blu-ray quality? I've never been really serious about audio/video quality, but I really enjoyed this movie in true IMAX and I want as close an experience to it without having to get a blu-ray player.

I wanted the Trilogy gift set, but it was sold out everywhere, so I just went and ordered it from Amazon. A little bummed I couldn't get a copy today, but I'll have it in my hands next week, so whatever. I did think about holding out until the ultimate collector's edition next year, but usually those things have a whole bunch of extra physical items that I probably won't touch again. So for $30, that's a sweet deal, since I only have the first two films on DVD, and I only really got the ones without any extras.

HD = High Definition. As long as you have an Amazon Instant Video HD compatible device, you should be able to watch it in HD. Which is exactly what is says right on their website.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

gonna want to make sure your internet connection/speeds aren't crappy.

I don't have Blu-Ray or Ultraviolet, so I just wanted the best deal on plain DVD. I heard Target was a good place to find it so I got it there, $14.95 with very minimal extra features. Then I had to go across the street to Wal-Mart for something else and checked out what they had. There was a 2-disc DVD edition exclusive to Wal-Mart with 3 hours of extra features for five dollars more. Couldn't resist. Got that one and went back to Target and returned the first one. It was a lot of running around but well worth it. Haven't even watched all the extras yet but what I've seen is awesome. The Batmobile feature is way longer and more in depth than I thought it would be, must be close to an hour all by itself. There are three character profiles on Bruce, Bane, and Catwoman that are about 10 minutes each and as good as anything I've seen, with some details I hadn't even realized before. Did anyone notice that Catwoman's high heels were made of steel and had sharp serrated edges? Good grief! And there's much, much more. Well worth getting this Wal-Mart plain DVD version in my opinion.