View Poll Results: Would you accept Action Comics focusing on "Clark Kent" stories?

Voters
21. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Hell Yes!

12 57.14%
  • No I need more Alien crushing! Or, Superman has enough Clark as it is!

9 42.86%

Default Would you like more Clark Kent focused stories?

I know I would.

as an example ill give out a quick one issue idea, that def would need a little work but its just to show the focus.

I'm talking something like if the focus of the issue was clark kents daily struggles of secretly being an alien, with a focus on hiding the fact he's superman, and doing things like going to the daily planet and having a gift exchange near christmas. He has bought Lois a brand new Iphone and its all wrapped up and with everyone's presents, jimmy is starting to pass them out, he is just about to pick up clarks gift for lois, when with his superhearing, clark hears lois in the next room talking to perry, explaining that her boyfriend had gotten her an Iphone for christmas but she doesn't care for it and is probably going to keep using her android, and she really wanted to buy herself one of the new furby's like she had as a kid but they were sold out everywhere in metropolis. Clark rushes out in superspeed without anyone notices, and is going around the U.S trying to find a furby and their sold out everywhere, and eventually finds one in like another country or something, rushes back switches the presents out right as jimmy is reaching for it. She opens it up and is thrilled, and can't believe Clark thought to get her a furby and could actually find one. The comic could end with showing her later that night turning it on and it speaking arabic and lois looking puzzled. Obviously more detailed, and not furbies it was just the first thing that came to mind but would most likely be a specific doll or some kind of clothing, or something like a nook, or really anything, and be the wrong language. But I mean stories like that, where the focus of the story isn't fighting some villain or saving the day, but just the more normal clark kent life.

I was thinking we already have the superman title to show us the main superman stories and they show a little clark but many issues are almost completely him being Superman. Why not instead of have more boring one off fights in action, it showed us exclusively the more clark kenty stories? I really think thats why Superman is so hard to right, because really, its more interesting to watch him being Clark Kent than Superman. I know Action Comics has action in the title but we all know the Superman titles have to be focused on Supermans main archs, so why not let action be a little different, so each month we get a bit of clark and a bit or superman?

Back when they had "The Private Life of Clark Kent" backups in Superman, I would often turn to those first.
    Last edited by Kurosawa; 12-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Personally I wouldn't really care for that, at least in the way I think you mean. I do think some Clark Kent back ups wouldn't be a bad thing at all but I feel like I still need some action because that's what Superman is, action. I don't read at all for Clark but I don't mind him when I see him.

I'd go for the idea that Clark has to stop an invasion from a microscopic race that has pick the daily planet as their landing point. So he'd have to act clumsy and strange around everyone because they could have invaders in their hair or whatever. Also using his powers in secret like in All Star Superman 5 where he saves lex. I could go for those stories cuz it has Clark but it's got action too.

But if you wanted to do Clark stories with an emotional focus to them then I could be down for that because I've loved all the emotional back ups in Action comics (I've actually liked all the back ups tbh)

I'd be okay if he was saving the day without anyone noticing while in Clark mode. I love it when he *falls* and just happens to knock someone away from a speeding bullet and what have you. I could compromise and go with your idea Superlad. I just want more Clark.

Why can't we have both?

Superman DOES divide his time up. I love to see Superman doing crazy science-fiction stuff, but I love seeing him do down-to-Earth Clark Kent stuff too. And the great part of it is, he does both!

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Back when they had "The Private Life of Clark Kent" backups in Superman, I would often turn to those first.
    They were great Kurosawa.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

I always hated it when a writer said something like "We're really going to focus on the MAN in Superman" or "the "Super" in Superman" or whatever.

It's all in the name, people. He's Superman. He's Super. He's a man. The character was designed to facilitate both of these things, he has it built it with the secret identity. There is no reason for it to be one or the other. He's both, and we should get both, because when we DO get both, it just sings. The guy flying around in the cape? That's Clark Kent. The guy in the glasses in the Daily Planet? That's Superman. One man, two lives.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Grant Morrison could really use some more Clark stories.

Something like "Under a yellow sun" for example ? Sometimes, why not. But what we like in Superman is not the man, it is the super-man, and the fact that he is hiding under a character like Clark. Not Clark alone (and, to be true, he - Clark - is never "alone"...).

I'd like more Clark Kent stories, but don't think Action Comics would be the best place for them...how should I vote?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I'd like more Clark Kent stories, but don't think Action Comics would be the best place for them...how should I vote?
    I don't think the question is specifically about Action Comics.....is it?
    If not, well, vote "yes" and say you want it on "Superman" or something.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    I don't think the question is specifically about Action Comics.....is it?
    "Poll: Would you accept Action Comics focusing on "Clark Kent" stories?"
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...