Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hey Steve,

I was also curious on when you think you might announce that Spidey/Wolverine/Elektra book with Joe Mad. Also in that one preview page it appears that's it's Classic Spidey and not Superior. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    And somehow I survive. It helps I'm not so uptight as some.

SW
    Who is uptight? Is this about Slott? Dish some dirt, Wacker.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Mr. Wacker

Daredevil is clearly an awesome character. I was very excited he was able to work himself into the new avengers at the end of Bendis' run. Moving forward it looks like DD will be back to just being in his book primarily. So my question to you is.... Seeing how under Mr Waid's pen DD has been revitalized and is riding a waive of momentum... considering the film rights are apparently back with Marvel.... Can we expect to see a Daredevil push in the near future?

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Would Marvel ever consider an anthology format that allowed unpublished writers a chance to submit shorter pieces?
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Mr Wacker:

Will see Spider-Woman and Mockingbird in Hawkeye soon?

Thanks.

Hi Mr. Wacker, big fan of Spider-Man, Daredevil and Alpha Flight here!

Speaking of which, with Puck featured in Uncanny X-Force and a new iteration of the team appearing in the Avengers #10 preview, is there any chance a Canuck will fly south and show up in the books you edit? Maybe a Sasquatch/Spidey team-up?
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

-Can we expect comic tie-in series for the upcoming Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Avengers Assemble cartoons much like the Marvel Universe Ultimate Spidey and Avengers series currently being published or is it too early to say anything?

-Has Doc Ock now officially surpassed Green Goblin as Spidey's greatest villain, if only because of this week's reveal of what Aunt May and Octavius did before their wedding day...?

-Any significance to including Cardiac and Will o' the Wisp among the rogues on the ASM #700 cover by Humberto Ramos or were those 2 just randomly picked?

Last edited by Spidey616; 12-05-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Mr. Wacker,

I'd like to touch upon an age-old (months!), highly-contentious controversy if you're willing to step into these waters. It's something that seems like it has been portrayed very inconsistently across titles in recent months, leading to much fretting, consternation and occasional hyperventilation amongst ardent fans. So, months down the road now, what's the official word on the status of Carol's hair? How long is it?!

BANNED

Steve-o:

Did Slott tease Spidey #700 at the strip club? Who did? Was it an expensable item? Thanks.

Mr. Wacker,

While I don't have a specific question, I'd be all ears if there's any juicy teasers you'd care to share about the upcoming GotG and Nova books...

The only thing I want to know is what's the status on Zeb Wells and Joe Madureira's Spidey story as well as Astonishing Spider-Man by Jeph Loeb and J. Scott Campbell? When can we possibly be expecting these titles to be release? Joe Madureira and J Scott Campbell are my favorite artists of all time along with Humberto Ramos. Were you a fan of their Cliffhanger imprint series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Wacker, do you come to the CBR boards just to goof around and show the replies people make to your Marvel worker buddies and laugh about them?

Whoa. Great question. It's like a trap. Like in "Thank You for Smoking," where Maria Bello asks Aaron Eckhart "C'mon, Nick, are you a breast man?" And David Koepp (sp?) butts in "Don't answer that. It's a trap."

Nicely played.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Hi Mr. Wacker, big fan of Spider-Man, Daredevil and Alpha Flight here!

Speaking of which, with Puck featured in Uncanny X-Force and a new iteration of the team appearing in the Avengers #10 preview, is there any chance a Canuck will fly south and show up in the books you edit? Maybe a Sasquatch/Spidey team-up?
    In Avenging Spider-man, ANYTHING is possible.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Would Marvel ever consider an anthology format that allowed unpublished writers a chance to submit shorter pieces?
    Not likely. Our books need to make money and anthologies don't work for us very often...even with our bigger talent. Putting untested, unpublished talent on them doesn't seem like the recipe for success.

Luckily though you live in the future...and here in the future there are more opportunities than ever to get your work published and get seen.

In other words, you don't need to wait for Marvel if what you really want to do is write comics.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    Steve-o:

Did Slott tease Spidey #700 at the strip club? Who did? Was it an expensable item? Thanks.
    It was Ellie.

SW