View Poll Results: Do you WANT someone to die in "Death of the Family"

Voters
138. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes!

59 42.75%
  • No...

79 57.25%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's hardly "beside the point."
    It really is. Being an "awesome" character doesn't make them unkillable. "Awesome" characters are killed all the time.

BANNED

So is this about whether you want Damian to die or whether you just think it's the realm of possibility?

If it's the former, a fan favorite character shouldn't die because one person doesn't like him. If it's the latter, this is a useless conversation.

I don't want Damian to die (as said in my original post), but if I absolutely had to choose one character out of the Bat-family to die it would be him. So in that case I'm guessing it's the latter.

Somewhere between Earth 2 Seaside Heights & Earth 616 Surf City

I think if Damien was killed it would be an unique way to bring Huntress into the family.
    To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films.
    Somewhere on an alternate earth Captain America is a member of the JSA

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I don't want Damian to die (as said in my original post), but if I absolutely had to choose one character out of the Bat-family to die it would be him. So in that case I'm guessing it's the latter.
    I think Tim is more likely to bite it. He doesn't really star in a book anymore, and he's the only Robin that DC doesn't want to closely associate with Batman. I don't want anyone to die, personally.

Damian will survive because his story resolves in Batman Incorporated. DOTF is actually before the current INC story, for starters. I'm sure you realized that yourself. Jason's appearance in DOTF is before his reveal as Wingman. Plus, Batman Incoporated will finish his international mission. DOTF makes reference to the fact that Bruce is still associating himself with Batman Incorporated.

Tim's probably the most likely candidate out of any character for the reasons you said, but I don't think DC would want to deal with the backlash.
    Damian is one of the least likely candidates because he's starring in two titles associated with Batman.

I also voted the No option in the poll.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Tim's probably the most likely candidate out of any character for the reasons you said, but I don't think DC would want to deal with the backlash.
    Damian is one of the least likely candidates because he's starring in two titles associated with Batman.

I also voted the No option in the poll.
    Definite "NO" from me as well.

I do believe there will be a lite-death that will put the Joker away for awhile.

Maybe one of the other Batfolks will "kill" Joker...not necessarily in self defense. I'm thinking Red Robin loses it, and joins Red Hood as an outlaw.

Yes!!!! Somehow make it the directionless Batwoman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    Yes!!!! Somehow make it the directionless Batwoman.
    Batwoman isn't directionless at all... That's like saying Inc (or Wonder Woman for that matter) is directionless just because it's telling its own story. JH3 and Blackman had these first three arcs planned out before #1 came out. It suffered from the second arc being too long, but to say it doesn't have direction? That's a pretty inaccurate complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    Batwoman isn't directionless at all... That's like saying Inc (or Wonder Woman for that matter) is directionless just because it's telling its own story. JH3 and Blackman had these first three arcs planned out before #1 came out. It suffered from the second arc being too long, but to say it doesn't have direction? That's a pretty inaccurate complaint.
    Sorry.. Does this work....IT SUCKS NOW!!!

BANNED

Yeah, that works.

Great

Damian please.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    Yeah, that works.
    lol...

10char