View Poll Results: Do you WANT someone to die in "Death of the Family"

Voters
138. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes!

59 42.75%
  • No...

79 57.25%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'd be cool with Barbara dying
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Jason Todd's death may not have been the best story, but it worked because the fans voted for it, and more importantly the way it affected Bruce, Dick, and Tim was well handled for years afterwards.
    Kind of unrelated, but I remember reading that Jason Todd dying may have been the result of one man and his system of repeated voting. I can't find the article right now, but thought that was interesting.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroComplex View Post
    Kind of unrelated, but I remember reading that Jason Todd dying may have been the result of one man and his system of repeated voting. I can't find the article right now, but thought that was interesting.
    O' Neil said that he heard that it might have happened. He doesn't know. It falls under the category of unsibstantiated rumor.

I wouldn't mind if the Joker killed Jason Todd and crippled Barbara Gordon.
    DC: Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye
    Creator-Owned: Fables, Fatale, Lazarus, Saga

From looking through the latest Previews, it is obvious that none of the title characters die (as if anyone thought it would REALLY happen) but whatever he does is causing the characters to change direction somewhat.

That said, no signs of what happens to Alfred (or Titus for that matter).

I noticed Harley is back to the Suicide Squad. Waller needs to keep that girl locked up better!
    Chill!

I want the Joker to die. His continued existence makes the Bat family look less competent. The motivation for this story seems to be proving that he is more important to the Batman and others in the family than anyone else. His Boogey Man existence is important in defining a lot their motivation and I would like to see them move on without him.

Batman and Joker in one fatally tight embrace.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

I'd like to see Joker brutally slaughter Tim Drake and permanently kill him so that there's absolutely no more Red Robin. I have nothing against him, I just think it'd be really cool to show just how dangerous Joker really is.

He could then send Bruce or Damian a Christmas present in the mail and have it be a jack-in-the-box of Tim's severed head springing out of it.

Serious. Tim is by far the most expendable/least interesting Robin so I'd be totally fine with Joker hacking him up. I still read Nightwing and Red Hood every month but Damian is the only Robin I still really care about at this point.

Welp, the latest Teen Titans solicitations proves Tim survives, though perhaps Alfred/his parents don't.

Although he might just be somewhat traumatised, like DCAU Tim was after getting tortured and mindraped by Joker in BB:RotJ.

I'd actually be fine with Alfred dying too because it'd REALLY mess with Bruce and possibly push him over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Volderon View Post
    I just think they should have saved something like "Death of the Family" for down the line for a major shakeup and have characters actually die. It would mean the Joker won, kind of like an TESB star wars thing.
    I definitely agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Strange View Post
    Wanting a character to die is weird. All I want are good stories. That's why I'm not reading this...and not reading 51 out of 52 DC comics these days.

If characters happen to die, ok...just make a good story first and foremost. Nobody has to die for that to happen. This thread is totally weird.
    Uh ... what? The only thing totally weird here is this post. In slasher films guessing which characters die next is pretty much the whole fun of it. People are crazy about the Walking Dead tv show because they want to watch certain characters die. It's like rooting for or against different pro wrestlers or sports teams. There's nothing weird about it at all. I don't even get where you're coming from on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I want the Joker to die. Maybe Barbara too.
    I missed you Holmes!

If Jason is gone I will be happy, preferably for good but as it's comics it won't happen - people rarely stay dead.