View Poll Results: Do you WANT someone to die in "Death of the Family"

Voters
138. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes!

59 42.75%
  • No...

79 57.25%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

I think I'm appreciating how Holy Musical Batman killed the Joker offstage in the first few minutes more now.

At this point I think the line can stand to be thinned. Tim and Jason have nothing to contribute to the batline anymore and only exist to lead their respective teams, and any team book not named Fantastic Four changes its roster and leadership as time goes on. Babs serves no purpose other than her name and even Dick seems redundant with the changes to his character and the other Robins. So I'm fine with killing any and all of them.

I wouldn't mind seeing Damian Wayne get killed. But then again I've been saying that since 2006.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I enjoy all the characters involved in this plot so I wouldn't want to see any of the main characters die.

Damian, Babs, Tim, Jason . . . these characters won't die or be significantly harmed because this would impact their books too much, angering readers and writers alike.

After Batman 14, I am worried about the welfare of Alfred.
    Chill!

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

Yes and No

No because I don't want any member of the Bat Family to die

Yes because Jason was brought back from the dead and Barbara isn't disabled anymore. Those two acts put Joker on the map. Now since both those crimes were erased, he's just another twisted psychopath. Joker needs to use a permanent marker this time.

But his damage to Jason and Barbara stayed in effect for a long time. What guarantees that him harming/killing someone will be permanent this time?

I would think Joker would realize that harming/killing someone is not necessarily permanent and an old gag. Joker wants to do something new, not repeat his old tricks.
    Chill!

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Freeze View Post
    But his damage to Jason and Barbara stayed in effect for a long time. What guarantees that him harming/killing someone will be permanent this time?

I would think Joker would realize that harming/killing someone is not necessarily permanent and an old gag. Joker wants to do something new, not repeat his old tricks.
    He's already tortured, maimed, and killed members of the bat-family. The only thing left that would be new is rape.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    Yes and No

No because I don't want any member of the Bat Family to die

Yes because Jason was brought back from the dead and Barbara isn't disabled anymore. Those two acts put Joker on the map. Now since both those crimes were erased, he's just another twisted psychopath. Joker needs to use a permanent marker this time.
    Um... Batman #1 put Joker on the map. He was a credible villain long before these other stories.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    He's already tortured, maimed, and killed members of the bat-family. The only thing left that would be new is rape.
    He's done that too in Azzarello's Joker.

True. But even in that, you could say he violated Barbara somewhat by taking naked photographs of her in Killing Joke.
    Chill!

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

I'd be ok with Tim dying. Sorry Tim fans, but the Robins are pretty cluttered, and quite frankly i don't even know who this Tim whatever is anymore.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Um... Batman #1 put Joker on the map. He was a credible villain long before these other stories.
    Quoted for truth!
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Seriously. What a weird thing to say that was.

Bye, bye Damian. It hasn't been nice knowing you.

I don't think it's so weird that some would want somebody to die for the story, or that some think this gives villains more credibility as threat. I don't necessarily agree, but I don't think it's such an odd opinion.

Anyways, I can see both sides. Alfred for example, I would not want them to kill him off. And killing of a character can weaken the cast. But, on the other hand, killing characters should be something we feel might happen I'd say, keeps things unpredictable. But yeah, there are other terrible things Joker could do other than killing people.

Since killed main characters typically return later at DC and Marvel, it'd be cool if they worked with that and instead just for example had characters get kidnapped and held prisoner for a year or something. Would be more interesting than pretending they died then explaining that they didn't, etc. Just some random ideas.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Rape is passť now.

"Mistah Joker, he dead."

Yeah I want the Joker to die. Maybe Barbara too.
    Agreed

Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.