Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Ramos is great, great and great Spider-man artist. Everybody has their tastes, and I can understand the diversity of views on this guy, but he Is damn good. Thank you Dan for still keeping him on Superior.
    Peter Parker + ' 'with great power there must also come great responsibility '' = Spider-man

Rivera is busy with hus own project. I miss him on Daredevil, but Chris Samnee is great too. And the people who complain on Ramos should at least like Stegman. Talk about dynamic artist! Stegman and Ramos is one good argument to at least try Superior #1 out.

I just don't like Ramos' artwork.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Proves the point that Dan Slott felt obligated to defend Ramos's output. How often does that happen? Ramos could be a very nice guy for all I know and very fast as well (so was Vince Colletta and many other hacks) but his work turns off many people and is detrimental to sales

Quote Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible View Post
    Proves the point that Dan Slott felt obligated to defend Ramos's output. How often does that happen?
    How often does Dan Slott post on these boards when he things fan comments are getting too nasty in regards to a creator? Well, I can think of at least three similar instances off the top of my head, because the Slottster is awesome like that. I don't think this proves...well, anything.

Ramos is without a doubt a talented artist, but his style is very polarizing. I understand why people wouldn't want a polarizing style on a flagship title, but it doesn't seem to affect sales enough to change.

I don't agree that Ramos is the only one who could've handled Spider-Island. There are PLENTY of artists who meet deadlines with stellar quality, and plenty could have complemented the eerie story.

Personally, I hope that someday we can have Tony Moore or Jerome Opena draw a Spidey story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible View Post
    Proves the point that Dan Slott felt obligated to defend Ramos's output. How often does that happen? Ramos could be a very nice guy for all I know and very fast as well (so was Vince Colletta and many other hacks) but his work turns off many people and is detrimental to sales
    i doubt that he's really detrimental to sales :/

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    i doubt that he's really detrimental to sales :/
    The team of Snyder/Capullo are bringing in close to 150,000 in sales of batman per issue, while the team of Slott/Ramos are bringing in around 58,000 in sales per issue of Amazing Spider-Man. Why is there such a large discrepancy right now in sales between each company's flagship book?

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newwave View Post
    The team of Snyder/Capullo are bringing in close to 150,000 in sales of batman per issue, while the team of Slott/Ramos are bringing in around 58,000 in sales per issue of Amazing Spider-Man. Why is there such a large discrepancy right now in sales between each company's flagship book?
    I was about to be all serious but then realized... this has to be a joke.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    I was about to be all serious but then realized... this has to be a joke.
    What do you mean?
    Last edited by newwave; 12-09-2012 at 04:37 PM.

1. They're NOT the sales figures.

2. You're comparing a book that comes out once a month to one that comes out twice a month.

3. One of those titles was part of the New 52 launch which had unprecedented amounts of money & publicity attached to it along with...

4. ...a returnability plan that gave retailers far greater freedom to over order and hit new marks with consumers. DC's returnability program FAR out tips the scales in a book's favor than a book having 100 variant covers... but you don't really see fans making that argument on boards.

5. (But, when you think about it, SPIDER-MAN comics by Humberto Ramos have one of the BEST records at EITHER company for CONSISTENTLY going back to press for 2nd printings. Something that's not included in the source of your original INACCURATE "sales numbers.")

6. Humberto Ramos issues of Spider-Man are some of the BEST SELLING issues for Marvel, frequently jockeying for position with Marvel's flagship AVENGERS titles.

7... I could do this all night. Long story short: Your opinion is one formed on false numbers and a VERY skewed comparison which really doesn't hold up to an informed/accurate assessment.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quick, someone post more Ramos art!

Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    1. They're NOT the sales figures.

2. You're comparing a book that comes out once a month to one that comes out twice a month.

3. One of those titles was part of the New 52 launch which had unprecedented amounts of money & publicity attached to it along with...

4. ...a returnability plan that gave retailers far greater freedom to over order and hit new marks with consumers. DC's returnability program FAR out tips the scales in a book's favor than a book having 100 variant covers... but you don't really see fans making that argument on boards.

5. (But, when you think about it, SPIDER-MAN comics by Humberto Ramos have one of the BEST records at EITHER company for CONSISTENTLY going back to press for 2nd printings. Something that's not included in the source of your original INACCURATE "sales numbers.")

6. Humberto Ramos issues of Spider-Man are some of the BEST SELLING issues for Marvel, frequently jockeying for position with Marvel's flagship AVENGERS titles.

7... I could do this all night. Long story short: Your opinion is one formed on false numbers and a VERY skewed comparison which really doesn't hold up to an informed/accurate assessment.
    To be fair, I do expect ASM sales to obviously spike with issue 700 along with the first couple of issues of SSM. It will be interesting to see sales beyond those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Quick, someone post more Ramos art!

Hm, yeah, if i have to point out two things I don't like aobut Ramos' art it'd be Spidey's mask (just way too much black around the eyes) and most of unmasked character's mouth/chin... just, idk, it annoys me a little. But it's artwork, so it's one of the more subjective things. There are people out there who probably can't stand Mike Allred and that's okay.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

Quote Originally Posted by newwave View Post
    Because he's Batman.