Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible View Post
    Terrible artist,worst employed by Marvel in many many years. I could vomit on a canvas and it would look better. I paper trained my dog with this guy's "artwork". Who is punishing us that he continues to get work? In a steel cage death match between Ramos and liefeld, god help me I would have to root for Rob.
    That's taking things too far lol.

Rob liefeld art: http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012...efeld-drawings
    Humberto Ramos art: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_loymu5Kgi11qe8sg6.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	105414

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    That's taking things too far lol.

Rob liefeld art: http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012...efeld-drawings
    Humberto Ramos art: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_loymu5Kgi11qe8sg6.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	105414
    And then there's Bachalo's art in which half the time I can't even tell what time of day it's supposed to be:
    Say what you want, but I'll take Ramos over Bachalo any day.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And then there's Bachalo's art in which half the time I can't even tell what time of day it's supposed to be:
    That's some awesome art is what that is.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

I like Ramos' art. He has come a long way and really improved as an artist. Compare his art on Amazing Spider-Man back to the days when he was doing Peter Parker Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man 10 years ago and you'll see what I mean. It was a lot more messy and cartoony.
    Last edited by Venom; 12-08-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    From now on we're poison to you Spider-Man. That's why we call ourselves... VENOM!!!

It's late afternoon/early evening; the sky is a more subdued blue, and the clouds are pinkish because the sun is much lower in the sky.

If you can't tell what time of day it is, is that really anything to do with Bachalo? That could be an issue you have with the colorist.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Bachalo IS the colorist

to my growing displeasure

I think his artwork is awesome. I can understand how it isn't for everybody, but referring to his work as terrible sounds like a strech to me.

I put it this way. While I can appreciate his style, I think its overexposed now. But people with legs the size of fingers, hips the size of hands, that worries me. Twisty necks and jutting chins that follow no rational order. Torsos that look like taffy pulls. Everyone looks like anorexic 10 year olds with no body definition. He does best with faces, IMO. Very expressive eyes. But its QUICKER to draw that way. His style has evolved somewhat (you can tell from the earlier art). But still, I'm just used to it. That's about as far as I'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible View Post
    Terrible artist,worst employed by Marvel in many many years. I could vomit on a canvas and it would look better. I paper trained my dog with this guy's "artwork". Who is punishing us that he continues to get work? In a steel cage death match between Ramos and liefeld, god help me I would have to root for Rob.
    Can't you just say you don't care for it and why? Seems like a very personal and mean attack there man...
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by destro View Post
    Can't you just say you don't care for it and why? Seems like a very personal and mean attack there man...
    Those who cannot do, talk $#!+.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Those who cannot do, talk $#!+.
    My eyes tell me his stuff is ugliness personfied. My hands tell me they could better even with broken fingers. No one can tell me to appreciate his stuff (I can't say artwork)
    Seriously why Marvel allows a stuff-maker (can't say artist) to work on a high profile book whose stuff repels many people is so wrong. If they replace him, more people would buy the book. They certainly wouldn't lose any readers

The team of artists they have on ASM now and SSM Ramos included are the best I have seen in a long while. Before slott took things over the art was so dark and just didn't look how I imagine a Spidey book to look like. They looked almost more like a batman title. Not saying they were bad just not what a Spidey book should look like. I would say that next to JRJR the Ramos, Stegman, and Caselli are my favorite Spidey artists.
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

Ramos is admittedly an acquired taste. I never liked his art originally, but ever since he started doing the Big Time era, I feel he's really stepped up and its grown on me. His work is ALOT better than it used to be (Where everyone had buttons for eyes). He's grown into quite the artist and, while I don't think he's the very best, he's become one of my favorite Spider-Man artists over the last few years.

In my opinion, the best Spider-Man artist of the past few years has been Stefano Casseli. It's too bad he's stuck doing Avengers Assemble instead of more awesome Spider-Man work. Ramos is probably my 2nd favorite.
    Last edited by SuperSparkplug; 12-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE

Ramos is a bit of a schizo artist. When he's on, he can create some decent-looking stuff. But when he's off, he's WAY off. You can see examples of both scenarios in this very thread.