Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Lovin that Psylocke Spiderman 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    See how much better that is? Now I can fully appreciate the story that Marvel is trying to tell with the real New York City. They should do the whole book with photos. That's the main problem with Spidey. It's supposed to take place in New York, but it's sooooo unrealistic.

Also, dig that belt buckle!
    Agreed hands down!

I enjoy Ramos' art, but he does get carried away with his anatomy. How is Hobgoblin even standing there?

I love his work. In my Top 5 of all time. Love his lines and angles.

His art is pretty great. Nobody draws stuff as dynamic as he does. His way of drawing Spidey is one of my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Mindworm View Post
    Yes, I agree that different kinds of art suits different kinds of stories, but I donít think Ramos style suits Spider-Man. The Spider Island saga could have been a very chilling one, but with his art it just looked silly! The pleasure I usually get when reading a good Spider-Man story, was completely ruined by the art!
    Art is subjective.I for one think that Ramos art style does work well in the mood of the Spidey stories.
    But i can see why artists with a stylized art are not everybody cup of tea.
    Anyways good point about what if Spider Island would have been illustrated by a diferent artist,that would surelly make for a diferent story.
    For example if Opena or Deodato were the artists of that story Spider Island would surelly be a more darker story.
    But with the several tie ins that Spider Island had illustrated by diferent artists (Black Panther,Shang Chi,Heroes for Hire,Venom) that allowed to that storyline have more variety in terms of art styles that contributed to that event.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    See how much better that is? Now I can fully appreciate the story that Marvel is trying to tell with the real New York City. They should do the whole book with photos. That's the main problem with Spidey. It's supposed to take place in New York, but it's sooooo unrealistic.

Also, dig that belt buckle!
    I didn't get that far up.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    I didn't get that far up.
    Oh, you should! He's got a sprig of mistletoe hanging from it.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

I love Ramos. He's probably one of my favourite Spidey artists ever as I'm a big fan of his unique cartoon-ish style. It's funny because I normally prefer realism in my comic art but Ramos is the exception. In all honesty I wish he'd done more issues since the end of Spider-Island and I'm so glad he's back for these final 2 issues. I can understand why people don't like him but the hate can be over the top sometimes.

No dislike here! I really do love his art. Love him on Spidey and I hope to see him in Superior!
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Some people just have terrible opinions. Way of the world.
    Yes, for those who like him that is.

Too cartoony and stretched. Can't draw hands and sloppy looking. I have seen better artists sitting in malls. His Wolverine is the worst I have ever seen as well.

Terrible artist,worst employed by Marvel in many many years. I could vomit on a canvas and it would look better. I paper trained my dog with this guy's "artwork". Who is punishing us that he continues to get work? In a steel cage death match between Ramos and liefeld, god help me I would have to root for Rob.

I think he is a good artist, but his style just isn't my cup of tea. I'd like to see him on a horror book, I think his exaggerated style would be a strength on a book like that.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by newwave View Post
    Yes, for those who hate him that is.
    I fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible View Post
    Terrible artist,worst employed by Marvel in many many years. I could vomit on a canvas and it would look better. I paper trained my dog with this guy's "artwork". Who is punishing us that he continues to get work? In a steel cage death match between Ramos and liefeld, god help me I would have to root for Rob.
    Lets not exaggerate.