View Poll Results: Question®

Voters
97. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Gandalf the Gray

45 46.39%
  • Magneto

41 42.27%
  • Saruman can fuck both of them up. At the same time.

11 11.34%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Going strictly from his movie showings, its hard to see Gandalf as being all that powerful; he made a smoke ship, has a flashlight walking stick, and chills with giant eagles. That said, coming back from the dead after battling some lava monster in Hell and outer space or something seems pretty impressive.
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

FUCK!!!!!!1!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!!!!

/accidentally clicked Magneto instead of Gandalf

the frozen tundra of "not upstate" New York

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    Didn't Gandalf fall off a bridge and everyone thought he was dead? Magneto doesn't/can't fall off bridges.

I love you.
    X-Boards Have Taste V

XPOTM: May 2010

pff, pryde -- teddy

Are we X-Men fans or LOTR fans? FUCK THAT! Magneto crushes Gandalf!

BANNED

I am surprised people are more into the "Gandalf vs Magneto" than being outraged that Ian McKellen just said "I hate you X-Fans, your character is puny"

I love watching fandoms collide on the Internet like two majestic galaxies in deep space.
    "What, pray, was the 'electron'?"

"Well, there is one fragmentary source which alludes to it as a 'Negative Twist of Nothingness'."

- A Canticle for Leibowitz

Magneto could take Gandalf the Grey, but not Gandalf the White.

Wait...Gandalf the Grey...dies and comes back...Jean Grey...dies and comes back into the White Hot Room...

Omg. It was there ALL ALONG.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Ah, Gandalf. He's certianly a more interesting character than Magneto.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Fassbender Magneto would destroy both and make some comment about being Frankenstein's monster.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

magneto can control energy so i think magneto can use the gandalf spell against him

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Not that I'm trying to be as nerdy about this as possible, but's a big nooooooooo to anyone who thinks Magneto can top Gandalf. Gandalf is one of the Maiar (which is the equivalent of a Lesser Angel) bound in the form of an old man. It isn't that he wasn't powerful, it's that he wasn't allowed to tap into the fullness of his power at all while on middle-earth. If he was permitted to cut loose, it would very much have been a case of him turning sand into glass with every footstep, cities into dust with his gaze and people dying of fear by simply looking upon him in his true form. And he was one of the smaller players in the game, compared to big names like Morgoth and Sauron.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Not that I'm trying to be as nerdy about this as possible, but's a big nooooooooo to anyone who thinks Magneto can top Gandalf. Gandalf is one of the Maiar (which is the equivalent of a Lesser Angel) bound in the form of an old man. It isn't that he wasn't powerful, it's that he wasn't allowed to tap into the fullness of his power at all while on middle-earth. If he was permitted to cut loose, it would very much have been a case of him turning sand into glass with every footstep, cities into dust with his gaze and people dying of fear by simply looking upon him in his true form. And he was one of the smaller players in the game, compared to big names like Morgoth and Sauron.
    Someone's been reading the Silmarillion.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Gandalf just doesn't show off UNLIKE SOME OTHER PEOPLE.

Magic always wins.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Someone's been reading the Silmarillion.

o
    Friggin' love that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Gandalf just doesn't show off UNLIKE SOME OTHER PEOPLE.
    Damn straight!
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.