Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    16,971

    Default How to enjoy a character when you're broke?

    I'm broke, probs for a very long time due to my dad doing something, no details but, well, i'm broke.
    I'm trying to learn more about the F4 However I'm always told to 'Pick up this' when I'm broke, how can I learn more/read if i'm broke? Any free fantastic 4 comics online? (LEgal!)
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  2. #2
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm broke, probs for a very long time due to my dad doing something, no details but, well, i'm broke.
    I'm trying to learn more about the F4 However I'm always told to 'Pick up this' when I'm broke, how can I learn more/read if i'm broke? Any free fantastic 4 comics online? (LEgal!)
    Wikipedia!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    Or find $50 and subscribe to Marvel Comics Unlimited. You'd have to read I a computer though

  4. #4
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Or find $50 and subscribe to Marvel Comics Unlimited. You'd have to read I a computer though
    £50? Thats my life-savings, no joke ;L I'm never gonna get that kind of money :(
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  5. #5
    Senior Member mrc1214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    I think you may just have to read whatever issues you have and pass on the F4. When you get money the trades will be there.

  6. #6
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrc1214 View Post
    I think you may just have to read whatever issues you have and pass on the F4. When you get money the trades will be there.
    Well i'm reading both new series and I got FF pre-ordered up to february however, i'm getting a refund coming in of £7-8, meaning I can either:
    Use that for snacks
    Get some random comics
    Back issues
    Digital back issues
    buy a trade of FF/F4 Digitally (I rather print)
    Or buy all the F4 Up to february too :(
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  7. #7
    Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hala
    Posts
    1,416

    Default

    I hear your pain. I miss out on a lot because I have a really tight budget (so I don't become broke) and stick with it. So I basically just buy whatever I'm most interested in (1-3 titles, so like $12 a month at most) and read Marvel Wiki (http://marvel.wikia.com/Main_Page) or the spoilers on this message board to keep up with other stuff. Trust me, I know its hard, but you have to stick to a budget or you won't be able to get anything. That's my motivation to stick with a budget.

  8. #8
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    I hear your pain. I miss out on a lot because I have a really tight budget (so I don't become broke) and stick with it. So I basically just buy whatever I'm most interested in (1-3 titles, so like $12 a month at most) and read Marvel Wiki (http://marvel.wikia.com/Main_Page) or the spoilers on this message board to keep up with other stuff. Trust me, I know its hard, but you have to stick to a budget or you won't be able to get anything. That's my motivation to stick with a budget.
    Thats what i do but some times it isn't there :[ it sucks, I've had to trim my titles down now. Its SO hard.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  9. #9
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    £50? Thats my life-savings, no joke ;L I'm never gonna get that kind of money :(
    Actually dude $50 is like £31 to you

  10. #10
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    Actually dude $50 is like £31 to you
    Well it would be that price in british sterling.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,720

    Default

    I used to troll second hand comics stores which not only had bargains but also a lot of 'old classics' that had been out of print. Sadly these places are few and far between but there is always Amazon, although trade paperbacks are the best option there.

    I buy most of mine in trades these days - a lot cheaper.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Phelpzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I used to troll second hand comics stores which not only had bargains but also a lot of 'old classics' that had been out of print. Sadly these places are few and far between but there is always Amazon, although trade paperbacks are the best option there.

    I buy most of mine in trades these days - a lot cheaper.
    I suggest this as well, where I'm at though my closest shop is 40 mins one way and the other 3 shops are a hour the opposite direction

  13. #13
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I used to troll second hand comics stores which not only had bargains but also a lot of 'old classics' that had been out of print. Sadly these places are few and far between but there is always Amazon, although trade paperbacks are the best option there.

    I buy most of mine in trades these days - a lot cheaper.
    Thats the thing though, I've literally no money ;L I'm only 14 and ovbiously no jobs are for me + I can't do the american thing and 'mow' some lawns, no one here would pay for that!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  14. #14
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    If you have the Marvel Comics App downloaded, they offer several free comics to download each month. If you have Netflix in your house you can always watch the cartoon series, those usually give you adaptations of popular comic stories.

    Can't really think of any other free solutions outside of borrowing a friend's stuff or going into a Barne's and Noble or Virgin Megastore and reading the TPB's off the rack.

  15. #15
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    16,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    If you have the Marvel Comics App downloaded, they offer several free comics to download each month. If you have Netflix in your house you can always watch the cartoon series, those usually give you adaptations of popular comic stories.

    Can't really think of any other free solutions outside of borrowing a friend's stuff or going into a Barne's and Noble or Virgin Megastore and reading the TPB's off the rack.
    I live in the UK, I'm waiting for some good comics to come free on the app, i'm lucky I share a comixology account with someone but its F4 I want to read, we have sky on demand, not netflix, the cartoons are all collected in poundland (Says it on the tin) for £1, some F4 Stuff but thats out far, and my friends don't have much to give ;L
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •