Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Those characters weren't creator-owned characters.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Those characters weren't creator-owned characters.
    Well, those creator-owned books could always be published by another company, if they close up.

True, just look at The Boys. DC can't really do "whatever the fuck they want" with them. If they could, they wouldn't let the creators control their series and characters.
    BB

True, just look at The Boys. DC can't really do "whatever the fuck they want" with them. If they could, they wouldn't let the creators control their series and characters.
    For the Boys, DC cancelled the book and reverted the rights fully back to Ennis and Robertson.
    But a creator can't just decide they want to be published at a different company all of a sudden, DC has full publishing rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    For the Boys, DC cancelled the book and reverted the rights fully back to Ennis and Robertson.
    But a creator can't just decide they want to be published at a different company all of a sudden, DC has full publishing rights.
    Yeah, I forgot how the Boys thing went.
    True, but the creators have the character rights or whatever you want to call them
    BB

Yeah, I forgot how the Boys thing went.
    True, but the creators have the character rights or whatever you want to call them
    True, but if you can't take the book and publish it where you want, and can't even shop it around to studios for a possible adaptation, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    True, but if you can't take the book and publish it where you want, and can't even shop it around to studios for a possible adaptation, what's the point?
    Karen Ber---oh wait. Probably just being part of Vertigo would be a reason. I'd imagine that at least some would want to be a part of it. Getting their work right next to the other great works and getting the same recognition as the past creators.
    BB

Karen Ber---oh wait. Probably just being part of Vertigo would be a reason. I'd imagine that at least some would want to be a part of it. Getting their work right next to the other great works and getting the same recognition as the past creators.
    No, I see the reasoning; a guaranteed page rate is probably very enticing, no doubt.