Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    ugh I can't believe I forgot about Ink and Graymalkin. Those Young X-Men abortions should've been killed long ago.
    How did Mark Guggenheim get approval for that awful book? The only good things were future Evil Dust and Cipher.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

I don't know what you're talking about, this my only thread about the subject and it is a subject that is not being covered in other threads. If you don't like it or agree with it then don't post in it. You're not contractually obliged to post in every thread there is.
    He made an error.

There are a LOT off Arena threads, most of which descend into bitching and yelling back and forth, with varying topics that are occasionally derailed.

He does express that there is a need for such a thread, though I'd put "Appreciation" in quotes because of how polarizing it is.

Also:

And take your vile hatred elsewhere while we discuss who do we want to see get mauled
    The Irony of this statement is hilarious.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

BANNED

I don't know what you're talking about, this my only thread about the subject and it is a subject that is not being covered in other threads. If you don't like it or agree with it then don't post in it. You're not contractually obliged to post in every thread there is. And take your vile hatred elsewhere while we discuss who do we want to see get mauled.
    You guys are making so many posts of "Who do you want to die in Arena?" "What order you want them to die?" and "The kill count!"

It's gotten to the point where you guys are noticeably trolling the board, so why don't you create an Avengers Arena thread to consolidate all your posts instead of rubbing the Avengers board with many different posts of "Ha ha, the characters you like are going to die and I'm making fun of you for it." This thread is basically "characters I want to die". It's made to be inflammatory. Please stop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    How did Mark Guggenheim get approval for that awful book? The only good things were future Evil Dust and Cipher.
    I did my best to block it from my memory

Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    There are a LOT off Arena threads, most of which descend into bitching and yelling back and forth, with varying topics that are occasionally derailed.
    And about 90% of that is from S/D himself.

The guy's probably gonna get permabanned when the actual discussion thread is made.

I'm probably gonna get modded for this but it must be said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You guys are making so many posts of "Who do you want to die in Arena?" "What order you want them to die?" and "The kill count!"

It's gotten to the point where you guys are noticeably trolling the board, so why don't you create an Avengers Arena thread to consolidate all your posts instead of rubbing the Avengers board with many different posts of "Ha ha, the characters you like are going to die and I'm making fun of you for it." This thread is basically "characters I want to die". It's made to be inflammatory. Please stop.
    that is a blatant misinterpretation of the facts. No one is doing such thing. Accept that people have an interest in this book and want to see certain things happen in it. We have a right to discuss such things in how many threads we want to.

And what does a thread created by a different person with a different topic has to do with this thread? They both talk about Arena but they both talk about very different things. Stop trying to derail and again, you're not obliged to post in every thread so feel free to take advantage of that right.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post
    Eh, he's the loudest, but not the only one.

For one, there's me.

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I did my best to block it from my memory
    I went on a collecting rampage to get trades for the major appearances of the original New Mutants (except Rahne) and found that series for VERY cheap, so I own it w/o having paid full price for such drivel.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

BANNED

i'd love for wiccan to go into avenger arena but he seems on lock with gillen.

that is a blatant misinterpretation of the facts. No one is doing such thing. Accept that people have an interest in this book and want to see certain things happen in it. We have a right to discuss such things in how many threads we want to.
    Actually,he has a point. on the front page right now is that very "What order do you want them to die" thread. Earlier there was "Hey! I have a spoiler that's totally for Arena!" thread, just to name two. I haven't been on the board long, but there's already been like 4 threads on it.

I made one to gage general interest in it. If you haven't voted, I suggest you do,. Overall interest is higher than disinterest, but those who know the characters primarily are disinterested in it.

Which to me suggests that it would be better served with an all original cast.

And what does a thread created by a different person with a different topic has to do with this thread?
    Same general Maisma. Focusing on the most controversial aspect of the book and braying that it's a good thing for characters to die in pointless manners. For the people who care about the characters, seeing their being wasted as a good thing is upsetting.

It's a thing.
    Last edited by Majin Gojira; 12-04-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Cleanup

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMic View Post

The guy's probably gonna get permabanned when the actual discussion thread is made.

I'm probably gonna get modded for this but it must be said.
    I got banned before because I threw threats at another poster who was saying insults to me. That's why I got banned. Not because I bashed the book.

And what does a thread created by a different person with a different topic has to do with this thread? They both talk about Arena but they both talk about very different things. Stop trying to derail and again, you're not obliged to post in every thread so feel free to take advantage of that right.
    Except this thread is not about Arena at all. You're naming off characters you don't like and want to see killed who aren't in the book. That's not celebrating the book, that's celebrating the fact there's an opportunity to see characters you dislike die and you're rubbing it in people's faces with a smile.

It's painfully obvious you're doing this to troll, so why don't you make an Avengers Arena Appreciation thread and consolidate all your posts in there so we don't have threads that are essentially "How much fun it's going to be when this fan favorite character dies?"

Because that's all you are doing in these threads.

S/D, it's multiple people making independent threads. It's not a group.

BANNED

Except this thread is not about Arena at all. You're naming off characters you don't like and want to see killed who aren't in the book. That's not celebrating the book, that's celebrating the fact there's an opportunity to see characters you dislike die and you're rubbing it in people's faces with a smile.

It's painfully obvious you're doing this to troll, so why don't you make an Avengers Arena Appreciation thread and consolidate all your posts in there so we don't have threads that are essentially "How much fun it's going to be when this fan favorite character dies?"

That's great then! If this book isn't about Arena then it shouldn't be counted as "yet another Arena thread". So your entire point is moot. Now let's get back on topic and tell us SD/DB which teen character do you want to see added to the Murderworld so they'll die a most horrific death?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i'd love for wiccan to go into avenger arena but he seems on lock with gillen.
    I've given it some thought and it would be delicious irony if Wiccan and/or Speed decided to join Cyclops and granddaddy Magneto in their revolution.

Oh and for Pete's sake, it's only the 2nd page and people are already derailing the thread with their long-ass posts that have nothing to do with the topic at hand and everything to do with the chip on their shoulder.
    Last edited by sweetdumbass; 12-04-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

That's great then! If this book isn't about Arena then it shouldn't be counted as "yet another Arena thread". So your entire point is moot. Now let's get back on topic and tell us SD/DB which teen character do you want to see added to the Murderworld so they'll die a most horrific death?
    Okay, NOW you're trolling.