Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I'd rate it maybe 15% brilliant, 30% quite good, 45% decent enough to watch, and 10% difficult-to-even-sit-through awful.

Yeah that does seem more accurate. I was posting in a hurry.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Liike any show that last as long as this one had it has it good seasons and bad, good and bad episodes, interesting storylines then the ones that were drop. I really had complaints toward season 9 and season 10 with directions some of the characters were going but then again I do that with most shows. I say it was a good show.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Terrifan2 View Post
    Liike any show that last as long as this one had it has it good seasons and bad, good and bad episodes, interesting storylines then the ones that were drop. I really had complaints toward season 9 and season 10 with directions some of the characters were going but then again I do that with most shows. I say it was a good show.
    Do you mind me asking what some of those complaints were?

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

It was, by and large, extremely average. However, now and again it would get things JUST right, and you'd get a real Superman moment. Something worthy of the John Williams theme.

The first few seasons were actually OK with their batting average, but essentially as the show went on, the original creators seemed very reluctant to let the show evolve from their original vision, and it got to be more bad than good. Once they left, the show evolved and the ratio started to move back. We did get some great episodes towards the end.

50-60% Average, 20-25% Terrible, the rest was either good or veeeery occasionally, Great.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I like the show. As others have said, some of the episodes were really bad, but some others were really good. Most of the episodes probably hovered around average. Overall, it was an enjoyable show, especially once you get out of the monster of the week episodes.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Yod-Colu, Krypton, Noma, Bryak, Earth. I get around.

Honestly, my opinion is pretty much in line with everyone else's. Overall a really good show with some missteps along the way (Lexmas comes to mind).
    For Sale: One shrunken Earth city in a bottle. Slight tweezer damage to bridge. As is.

overall good if your not expecting game of thrones breaking bad level of acting and story telling.

pretty much through out the run it was a roller coaster but for me I enjoyed mainly the first couple seasons and last couple. However last couple story wise it was kinda bleh but i just enjoyed all the DCU characters coming out

regarding Lana, she was very attractive when I first watch it but after a few seasons because of her character she became less attractive to where I don't even want to see her in anything.
    Last edited by geoff2005; 12-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.

As others have said: there's a lot of crap to wade through, but moments that make it totally worth it (first ever live action versions of several DC heroes, Clark saving that kid and his dad from a flood with a perfect nod afterward...)
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I enjoyed it, but it does have some flaws. Lana is written to be the most emo Mary-Sueish whiny bitch ever. You seriously want her to die by season 4. It did seem to stall in Seasons 6-7, though 6 had some really cool episodes and villains in the form of escaped Phantoms from the Zone.

Good parts include:
    Erica Durance as Lois (esp in later seasons)
    The original characters were pretty much some of the best on the show (Chloe, Lionel, Dr Swann, Tess)
    All the DCU characters they managed to include.
    The amount of Super-feats they managed on a tiny budget was impressive.

I still think its 100 times better than Lois and Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    I still think its 100 times better than Lois and Clark.
    The special effects are certainly better, but L&C has a certain charm.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Season's 1-3 of Lois and Clark are better than Smallvile at its best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    The special effects are certainly better, but L&C has a certain charm.
    The 1st 2 seasons of course were decent and I kind of agree with you. But after season 3 I couldn't stand LnC. Unlike Smallville where even on the worst episode I still would be invested in watching it. But ultimately in the end I agree with lovelikewinter, Smallville was a better Superman show to me than LnC ever was.(even if Superman only appeared in the last episode).
    A Comic book fan till I die.

Lois and Clark has not aged well at all and it is the perfect example of diminishing returns. Each season is worse than the last. I shudder to think about how terrible season 5 would have been.

The aims of the L&C show were different, though, with the focus being on those two characters and Superman, generally, being 'dressing'. (I still think the pilot episode was really well done, and enjoyed the Tempus episodes and several others).

They could have done so much with the show, but handicapped themselves too often and that whole frog-clone-amnesiac-Lois stuff was annoying.

Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman2978 View Post
    The 1st 2 seasons of course were decent and I kind of agree with you. But after season 3 I couldn't stand LnC. Unlike Smallville where even on the worst episode I still would be invested in watching it. But ultimately in the end I agree with lovelikewinter, Smallville was a better Superman show to me than LnC ever was.(even if Superman only appeared in the last episode).
    Agreed. The first season still has a lot of charm, and part of the second season as well, but...

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    Lois and Clark has not aged well at all and it is the perfect example of diminishing returns. Each season is worse than the last. I shudder to think about how terrible season 5 would have been.
    Perfect sum up. It seemed like the longer Lois & Clark went on, the more it lost the charm that made the early episodes work.

Better than the Superboy tv series, though.