Page 131 of 334 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 5002
    ❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Shit I jsut tried to use tumblr as proxy and my sister texted me "uhh you just tumbld a dick" LOL.

It's not what it looks like, I can explain!

Dr. lol. I've seens ome memorable ones. But you know, the more you see, the more you can tell differences.
    daesim, it's not normal. But neither is seeing a mime on the street. But if I saw one, I would not want to punch him . great analogy
    Ohhh, so it's a cultural thing. Like Eskimo kissing. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Crazy stupid love.

Should I go to Lincoln or Life of Pi.

Life of Pi was numbingly dull. I've heard good things about Lincoln.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Life of Pi is supposedly wonderful as a couple of hours of beautifully shot cinematography but leaves people cold as a film.
    I've heard that too. As a person, I am cold, though, so I may enjoy it. I feel like Lincoln is an overrated piece of polished trash though.
    XPOTM:September 2010

I clearly need to keep up on organizing my music into playlists. I'm on 1,498 down the list of newest songs that haven't been categorized. FML.

I'd definitely go for Life of Pi then.

I'm going to watch Crazy, Stupid, Love and if I'm not sleepy maybe Young Adult.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Life of Pi is supposedly wonderful as a couple of hours of beautifully shot cinematography but leaves people cold as a film.
    Ang Lee directed Life of Pi right? That is kind of his shtick. If you remember Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Chow Yueng Fat's character dies from poisoning, and Zhang Ziyi jumps off of a mountain to see if she could fulfill her lovers wish at the end. That last part was told to her by her lover as a fable during the flashback. In the original Mandarin version, the man in the fable jumped off the cliff and died then ascended to the heavens to fulfill his wish to heal his ailing loved one(s).

So going by that, Zhang Ziyi was plunging to her death to see if she could make her lovers wish come true.

I've heard that too. As a person, I am cold, though, so I may enjoy it. I feel like Lincoln is an overrated piece of polished trash though.
    It has Daniel Day-Lewis performing in it. That alone would make it worth watching if you enjoy the little things like good acting.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is the only good movie Ang Lee ever directed. I left the theater humming the orchestrational theme.
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 12-07-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    He isn't smiling.

Were you once a warm person? People try to tell me I must have once felt strongly for someone/something to be so cold now. I'm like naahhhh, I just don't care about your cancer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Unsolicited dick photos are a violation of the code. As a hulking brute, I would feel obligated to do violence in order to avenge my sensitive eyes.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Were you once a warm person? People try to tell me I must have once felt strongly for someone/something to be so cold now. I'm like naahhhh, I just don't care about your cancer.
    I was overly emotional in junior high.
    XPOTM:September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
    You're a good person and (???) was wrong for doing what'er it was that s/t/he/y did to affect you so. The day you let (???) know to his/her/their face what s/he/y did was wrong will be the most cathartic of your life.
    He isn't smiling.

BANNED

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is the only good movie Ang Lee ever directed. I left the theater humming the orchestrational theme.
    I agree, his Hulk movie was not working, and there was another movie he directed that tanked, too. He's too engrossed in the visuals and atmosphere, and not enough in the storytelling or characters.

I was overly emotional in junior high.
    Oh, no one likes those. Then you seent the light.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    I agree, his Hulk movie was not working, and there was another movie he directed that tanked, too. He's too engrossed in the visuals and atmosphere, and not enough in the storytelling or characters.
    The Ice Storm was horrid, and Brokeback mountain left me depressed for a week. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is redeemed by kung-fu.
    He isn't smiling.

BANNED

The Ice Storm was horrid, and Brokeback mountain left me depressed for a week. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is redeemed by kung-fu.
    Yeah, seen both of those films, and again, he is too obsessive over the feel and visuals that he overlooks the core of the narrative that is dependent on the characters, not the setting. I found The Ice Storm to be incredibly ironic considering the most important part of that movie was the character interactions and their personal narratives, yet Ang Lee focused so much on the impending Ice Storm that it really did become The Ice Storm, and not a tale about depressed, unhappy middle class families forced to deal with their problems because the ice storm surrounding them.

Crazy stupid love.

Should I go to Lincoln or Life of Pi.
    Life of Pi. It's prettier.