View Poll Results: What is the most heinous thing Norman Osborn has ever done?

Voters
62. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Killing Gwen Stacy

26 41.94%
  • His treatment of his son, Harry

2 3.23%
  • The Clone Saga

3 4.84%
  • Kidnapping (and possibly killing) baby May

17 27.42%
  • Kidnapping Aunt May and faking her death

0 0%
  • Trying to brainwash Peter into being his son

0 0%
  • Threatening to murder his grandson

1 1.61%
  • Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers

2 3.23%
  • Torturing the Avengers Academy kids

3 4.84%
  • Other

8 12.90%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparkplug View Post
    The TRUE answer is him raping Gwen Stacy, making her give birth to goblin children, and THEN killing her.
    Dude didn't rape her.

Two things to retort on. 1) Lifetheft happened because of Harry Osborn, not Norman.
    2) Gwen willingly slept with Norman. He didn't rape her.

The better question might be "What is the worst thing Marvel has done to Norman Osborn?" That list would be long and justifiable!

But to stay on topic...the worst thing would have to be toturing children. It's one thing to kill, but it's a far more disgusting low to torture...especially children.

I'm gonna say the most heinous thing Norman has ever done was try to assassinate Mendall Stromm. If I'm remembering correctly, he tried to do this prior to being exposed to the Goblin serum, so he was yet to be driven insane due to the toxins. So it was a pre-meditated hit, with no insanity defense to fall back on.

He did Gwen Stacy, but she's the kindest woman in the world. In a way, you can say she's the nicest thing he's ever done!

I always thought the worst thing was Norman being responsible for the baby's death. Like everything else seemed tamed in comparison to the whole, " caused my enemy's wife to have a stillborn". He actually did something horrible to a baby, to bad it got retcon.

I'd say killing Gwen. Anything else he has done, while it could be more evil, has not topped that. All the other things he has done is pretty pale in comparison to the point of rediculousness. There was a point where everything bad that happened to Peter Parker, was all thanks to Norman... "Peter Parker's goldfish died when he was 8? That's because Norman Osborn went and boiled it alive before Peter got home from school, therefore cementing his place as the arch enemy". I don't even get what kidnapping Aunt May and replacing her with an actress was supposed to do...he might as well have killed her if he wanted to hurt Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by Motherboy View Post
    The "Lifetheft" storyline, which resulted in "Pursuit", which resulted in all of the "I am the Spider" nonsense.
    Ah, but that was Harry. Unless you're saying Norman is ultimately responsible for Harry's crimes as well.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

I said Killing Gwen Stacy because in my mind Sins Past never happened. Whenever someone tries to tell me it really did I just cup my ears and say La La La La La Not My Gwen LOL
    Friend Of Ol Marvel - Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by FOOM View Post
    I said Killing Gwen Stacy because in my mind Sins Past never happened. Whenever someone tries to tell me it really did I just cup my ears and say La La La La La Not My Gwen LOL
    This.....

But I thought about it and while Killing Gwen was the best done of his heinous behavior, killing a baby is some pretty sick stuff. i mean, I guess it depends on your opinion of abortion maybe, but at least Gwen got to live 19/20 years. I guess.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FOOM View Post
    How has this not be retconned out yet? It has to be easily the absolute worst decision in Spider-Man editorial history. I also cringe when the words "Sins Past" are uttered.

Rain Soaked Misanthrope John Trenchfoot's Avatar

I'd say the worst thing he's yet done is not appear in an issue of Amazing Spider-man for over 100 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyav4 View Post
    I always thought the worst thing was Norman being responsible for the baby's death. Like everything else seemed tamed in comparison to the whole, " caused my enemy's wife to have a stillborn". He actually did something horrible to a baby, to bad it got retcon.
    This. The fact that Peter didn't decapitate Osborn for it speaks volumes about his character.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Quote Originally Posted by John Trenchfoot View Post
    I'd say the worst thing he's yet done is not appear in an issue of Amazing Spider-man for over 100 issues.
    Τhat was a good thing,considering that in late 90s-early 00s he was overused to death.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparkplug View Post
    The TRUE answer is him raping Gwen Stacy, making her give birth to goblin children, and THEN killing her.

Y'know the whole children part was pretty stupid. I'd LOVE to hear how that got past the editorial. Seriously, WTF?!
    I was thinking also that was the sickest thing Osborn ever did. Real stupid storyline. No wonder Marvel created the One More Day thing.