View Poll Results: Which GL character would you kill off to make way for better ones?

Voters
133. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Hal

35 26.32%
  • Guy

21 15.79%
  • John

16 12.03%
  • Kyle

36 27.07%
  • I want to keep the same four forever.

25 18.80%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

None.

The problem with killing characters is that they tend to resurrect.

This is why DC should have "relaunched" Green Lantern with the rest of the DCU. Now they're in a mess.

I wouldn't want to see any of them killed off. But I'd like to see one or two resign indefinitely. No need to be bloodthirsty about character retirement.
    Current favorites: Claymore, Puella Magi Kazumi Magica, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Justice League, Birds of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    John and Kyle both.
    I voted Hal, but you know, they might as well kill off John, Kyle and Guy, so that it would just be golden boy Hal and the new guy, Simon Baz.

Or, they could have just sent John, Kyle and Guy into the same Limbo that currently houses Wally West and Donna Troy.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

I honestly cannot believe how many people are willing to tolerate Gardner's existence. He's the only character in the DCU who might be more obnoxious than Lobo.

Edit: Oh yeah, one of the nice things about GL's is that they're really easy to de-power. So just take away the rings and they can get new ones for some special event in the future (to remind us why they needed to just go away in the first place).
    Same Day: Batgirl, Supergirl, WW, DemonK, JLD, Dial H, Earth 2, SoS
    Maybe Later: Action, GL, Aqua, DCUP, Titans, Firestorm, Animal, Swampy, Batwoman, Worlds F, JL, Flash, PhantomS, BoP, GL: NG

Killing one off would be killing someones favorite. Best to just stop making new ones.

Even though I voted for Hal - I'll be honest I liked him much better as a villain or when he was dead - I would really prefer them to just give each book a purpose (a stable cast) and send them on their way. In other words, no more "Lantern" events for awhile. Let's have some character development and world building for awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Famousringo View Post
    I honestly cannot believe how many people are willing to tolerate Gardner's existence. He's the only character in the DCU who might be more obnoxious than Lobo.

Edit: Oh yeah, one of the nice things about GL's is that they're really easy to de-power. So just take away the rings and they can get new ones for some special event in the future (to remind us why they needed to just go away in the first place).
    I agree. I only read Corps for John. But its all Guy, Guy, Guy. The batman series had Jason Todd become a permanent bad guy (or I guess now he is more of a kind of bad guy) I don't see why we can't do it with the lantern series again. Bringin Hal back as good was a horrible move, it really added to the mytho's having a main bad character be a former hero. I could see Guy giving in to his rage, or to the power of fear and switching sides for good. I think that would be pretty cool and make us care for his char a little more.

Well the black guy always dies first in the movies, so Johns screwed.

BANNED

Hal, but since they won't do that anytime soon: Kyle.

I love Guy too much. I think John is important to have around. And I even like Kyle a little. But I don't like Hal at all.

I think 2 have to go.

Baz and John.

I was very happy with the set up a few years ago. Hal on earth as GL

Kyle and Gardner as GL Corps team space missions.
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

Though I don't feel like any of the characters need to be killed off, if I had to choose, I would choose John. out of all the Green Lanterns, I feel as if he is the least utilized by DC. The other 3 (exluding Baz) only have distinct personalities, while I feel like John doesn't have a solid personality. He gets little focus, expecially with the new focus on Guy in GLC. The Green Lantern line should really add another book. I have a few different ideas, but one idea I think should be done is a relaunced Green Lantern: emerald Aarriors focusing on Guy, and letting John take center stage in GLC. Or do like a Tales of the Spectrum and build it like DC Presents, with small story arcs exploring each of the other Corps, besides the Green Lanterns and the Red Lanterns.
    Day and Date: Green Lantern/Green Lantern: New Guardians/ Red Lanterns

Wait a Month: Green Lantern Corps

I voted wrong. I meant to vote Hal, not Kyle. But Kyle can die, too. And John. But not Guy. I hate that character too much from his JLI days to let him go. Man, do I hate him...
    A robotic journey toward the American Dream: MADE in USA.

I voted for Guy but I'd be happy to see him, Kyle, and Baz gone. Hal and John are more than enough for me.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

I'm a bit surprised they haven't axed John yet.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

I voted for Guy, but really, kill them all. Give Simon all their books and use six months of those, along with Threshold, to rediscover each of them.

The Green Lanterns don't appeal to me, I like John the most, and he doesn't have much more personality than Hal.