Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default When Words Collide - Dec 3, 2012

This week, Tim checks out some new first issues of comics that are completely worth your time to check out from talents like Matt Fraction, Mike Allred, Brandon Graham, Zack Soto, Kathryn Immonen and more!

Full article here.

I was actually a little bit disappointed by JiM, despite being very excited for Sif. I thought the writing style was trying too hard, and Sif's motivations, (let alone what actually occurred), did not make a ton of sense to me. I'll keep it on my pull list for now, but am hopeful I warm up to it soon.

I may be in the minority here but JRJR is terrible at drawing people without masks. That was the worst Captain America I have ever seen. It almost made me forget how good Remender's story was.

Quote Originally Posted by NKthegreat View Post
    I may be in the minority here but JRJR is terrible at drawing people without masks. That was the worst Captain America I have ever seen. It almost made me forget how good Remender's story was.
    You are far from the only one with these thoughts. I grimace(sp?) every time I see his covers in the solicits.
    Spider-Man from the beginning! Last ish: ASM #15 - Chameleon hires Kraven (first appearance!) to kill Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by adam.walters View Post
    You are far from the only one with these thoughts. I grimace(sp?) every time I see his covers in the solicits.
    I would say my general feelings for JRJR's art range from mild to strong dislike, and it's such a bummer for me that he's so huge at Marvel. I own many comics that feature his work and every single one of them I bought despite his involvement and purely for following a storyline that I'm interested in; I'm only trying out Captain America because it's Remender.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor