Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81
  1. #61
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. Robb View Post
    There's a lot of more people "overseas".
    And none of them are stupid.

  2. #62
    Elder Member DeadXMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Big O
    Posts
    23,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    And none of them are stupid.
    yes they are, if not more so.

    especially in this area

    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CCwQ8gEwAA
    Cyclops ad portas

  3. #63
    Here we ..... go DennyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Posts
    2,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    What does the sales pitch to the network have to do with what the show is about?
    Let's actually remember history and point out that the original pilot was still "too brainy" and the execs asked them to tone it down.

    TOS, like all shows is "about" being entertaining first. If a show isn't entertaining there won't be enough of an audience to worry about it being "smart".

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    yes they are, if not more so.

    especially in this area

    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CCwQ8gEwAA
    Perhaps we should focus on Star Trek because this thread is starting to sound a bit biased towards people over seas. *shudders*

  5. #65
    Bishop was right. Sighphi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Braking Dawn prt 2, Vimpires suck and Armageddon has made over seas then in the us.

    Your argument is invalid, Addams.


    You guys are as dumb as we are.

    The diffeance is we admit it.
    Ok.... i dont want to talk about people's intelligence but...... are you comparing the box office intake of one country vs the REST of the countries in the planet and thinking that is actually a valid point?

    Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    TOS, like all shows is "about" being entertaining first. If a show isn't entertaining there won't be enough of an audience to worry about it being "smart".
    Last time i checked im pretty sure there wasnt just one method of being entertaining.

  6. #66
    Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canadian, eh
    Posts
    2,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Ok.... i dont want to talk about people's intelligence but...... are you comparing the box office intake of one country vs the REST of the countries in the planet and thinking that is actually a valid point?
    2 countries, actually.
    (Yeah, yeah, one of them doesn't make THAT significant of a dent...)

  7. #67
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    yes they are, if not more so.

    especially in this area

    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CCwQ8gEwAA
    I wasn't serious, geez.
    "Yes, i beleive the people in parts of the world where they don't have a formal education are smarter!"

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Do you need a stronger prescription for your glasses, or did you not click the link to the comparison?
    Soooo... wrecking buildings is some universal thing only batman gets to have? That's it. The ST poster is in the shape of the star fleet symbol... the batman one is in the shape of a bat... there is one minor thing.. but to me it's not a like it's a rip off.


    And the personal attacks are not appreciated.

  9. #69
    BANNED kmeyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In madness we dwell
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    Soooo... wrecking buildings is some universal thing only batman gets to have? That's it. The ST poster is in the shape of the star fleet symbol... the batman one is in the shape of a bat... there is one minor thing.. but to me it's not a like it's a rip off.
    It's the exact same concept. Plus it has the same saturated colors of blue, black, grey and white. It also has the ruined buildings creating the shape of the significant symbol, in this case, the Starfleet insignia instead of the bat.

    And the personal attacks are not appreciated.
    The personal attack on your eye glasses prescription? I was just wondering how you don't see what most everyone else is seeing. Maybe if you could list the drastic differences you see in the two posters, aside from it's a Star Fleet symbol vs a Batman symbol...because that really is not much of a difference considering they are done in the exact same style.

  10. #70
    Senior Member J. Robb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oil Country
    Posts
    4,847

    Default

    Marketers aren't paid to be original.

  11. #71
    Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    The personal attack on your eye glasses prescription? I was just wondering how you don't see what most everyone else is seeing. Maybe if you could list the drastic differences you see in the two posters, aside from it's a Star Fleet symbol vs a Batman symbol...because that really is not much of a difference considering they are done in the exact same style.
    Dude, chill. He doesn't think its that derivative all things considered. You weren't just wondering anything, you were being a dick cuz he dared disagree with your opinion.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

    Loser.

  12. #72
    BANNED kmeyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In madness we dwell
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Dude, chill. He doesn't think its that derivative all things considered. You weren't just wondering anything, you were being a dick cuz he dared disagree with your opinion.
    The opinion was, this poster looks familiar.

    This person said, "doesn't look familiar at all"

    I concluded that since these posters are in fact quite similar that maybe they get their eyes checked. I'm not saying they are exactly the same, but you are either lying to yourself or just being difficult if you don't see how similar they are. It's ridiculously obvious. There are plenty of movie posters that borrow from other ones, and this is another one.

  13. #73
    Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    The opinion was, this poster looks familiar.

    This person said, "doesn't look familiar at all"

    I concluded that since these posters are in fact quite similar that maybe they get their eyes checked. I'm not saying they are exactly the same, but you are either lying to yourself or just being difficult if you don't see how similar they are. It's ridiculously obvious. There are plenty of movie posters that borrow from other ones, and this is another one.
    *Shrugs* Speaking of lying to yourself or just being difficult, you insulted the guy, he called you on it. I'm not really sure why you're trying to spin it.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

    Loser.

  14. #74
    BANNED kmeyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In madness we dwell
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    *Shrugs* Speaking of lying to yourself or just being difficult, you insulted the guy, he called you on it. I'm not really sure why you're trying to spin it.
    Seriously? Check your eyesight is an insult? It's crystal clear, and I asked for differences. How was I called out on it or spinning your head because you dont understand? Are you for real, or just being ridiculous?

  15. #75
    Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Seriously? Check your eyesight is an insult? It's crystal clear, and I asked for differences. How was I called out on it or spinning your head because you dont understand? Are you for real, or just being ridiculous?
    Hey, I understand everything perfectly. I didn't say it was a mortal insult, this whole tangent has actually gotten beyond pathetic, but whatever. You made a dig, it wasn't a big deal, and his request to keep disagreements civil was a perfectly mild reaction. Your response was what was ridiculous.

    And I am bored now, so, I'm outta here.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

    Loser.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •