Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    He did hold a dwarf star in his hands in Joe Casey's Adventures of Superman.
    Again: that's nothing. He hels half of infinity in Superman Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Yeah. I found that moment in particular to be really awesome because you basically had a freaking demon being astonished by the feat.
    The sheer juxtaposition of him being all "Impossible! Who could do such a thing?" andthe splash of Superman was one of these moments where you're like "F.ck yeah, show'em!"
    Yeah: I feel the same about the Leagues reaction to Superman wrestling Asmodel, especially Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    hmm...but a version of him did enter Heaven, after tearing down the gates, didn't he? (DC 1 Million..?)
    Um...no...?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainiac 3.5 View Post
    I'm gonna say... surviving the last three movies and still being enough of a viable moneymaker that he's getting a new (and hopefully better) one.
    I still say the junkyard fight totally saves III.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post

Um...no...?
    You sure? When Platinum tells his story..?

I still say the junkyard fight totally saves III.
    Awesomeness on a budget

(The tyre-tossing is why it would be unfair for him to take part in any circus/funland games )

Quote Originally Posted by BillyN831 View Post
    I read in a panel that Superman had a mini black hole in his fist. Talk about completely overpowered.
    I hate the term "over powered". Anything Superman does, everyone says he's overpowered. Then what's the point in Superman if he can't do stuff like that? Who should be doing those kind of things if not Superman? Meanwhile, over at MARVEL, they just established that the upper limit of the Hulk cannot be calculated...I don't see anyone complaining...*sigh*.

His greatest feat (IMO) is(was) actually when he held down the black hole. Talk about awesome!
    Cerebral Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    You sure? When Platinum tells his story..?
    As I remember it, he flew off to space 100 years from now when all his family and friends were dead, came back 81,000 years later and set up shop in the sun. I think there was a line about "a look in his eyes, like some one who'd stormed Heaven and still not found what he was looking for", but not literally any Heaven storming.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The mentioned superman feat of towing multiple planets actually belonged to superboy. His feats as superboy were more ridiculous than when he was an adult.

The one time he towed ONE planet as an adult , he was struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    The mentioned superman feat of towing multiple planets actually belonged to superboy. His feats as superboy were more ridiculous than when he was an adult.

The one time he towed ONE planet as an adult , he was struggling.

What comic is that Superboy from?

I have read that Fate Comic! It's like Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan to me, I like how fanciful those comics are... Liked when Moore did it with Supreme and Suprema as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote2010 View Post

I have read that Fate Comic! It's like Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan to me, I like how fanciful those comics are... Liked when Moore did it with Supreme and Suprema as well.
    No idea but that's the only time where superboy was shown towing multiple planets , not superman though.

More amazing feats
    http://www.superheroes-r-us.com/2008...s-of-superman/

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote2010 View Post
    Superboy 140.
    Superman:"I'm a newspaperman; I'll take a vacation when I die."

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    My favorite however is Superman saving Regan, the suicidal girl in All Star Superman. Though it wasn't a visually impressive feat, it showed that he cared about everyone. That is a far greater feat than any punch or lifting a huge object. It payed off later in the issue when her descendant contacted him through time and gave him information vital to his mission.
    I completely agree. This short scene said more to me about what Superman is all about than 1000 planet smashing sorts of feats ever could. We need more scenes like that.
    Life looks better in black and white.

1000 years with Wonder Woman. Remained true to Lois.

Let's see any of the Green Lanterns come up with a feat of will power to match that.

Superman is Superman. How can you top holding a dwarf in his hands? We all expect them from Superman. Superman is not to be messed with if he uses his powers to full capacity. That said, what impress's me about Superman is his gift of heart. The ability to talk a deranged girl out of committing suicide off a building and being the sole reason for her stepping her foot off the ledge is heroic. Those feats are incredible to me more than pulling moons.

EDIT: I thought I was being swifty. lovelikewinter beat me to it! Good work, haha.

Last edited by Tra-EL; 12-08-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Also remember because he saved her, her decedent saved him. It all comes around in the end and Superman knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Superman is Superman. How can you top holding a dwarf in his hands? We all expect them from Superman. Superman is not to be messed with if he uses his powers to full capacity. That said, what impress's me about Superman is his gift of heart. The ability to talk a deranged girl out of committing suicide off a building and being the sole reason for her stepping her foot off the ledge is heroic. Those feats are incredible to me more than pulling moons.

EDIT: I thought I was being swifty. lovelikewinter beat me to it! Good work, haha.

Beautiful scene. I love that Superman cares as much about saving one girl's life as he does the planet.

As incredibly corny as it sounds....I think Superman's greatest power is his Super-Compassion for others.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Superman is Superman. How can you top holding a dwarf in his hands?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	superboy-prime-punch-330px_BigT_9911.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	105450

Well since Superboy Prime has the same levels of power as Golden Age Pre-Crisis Superman I will say punching Time tops holding a dwarf star and pretty much everything.
    I like swords.

Yep, all great feats but recall from the Superman/Spectre/Presence interaction,that flying at full speed Supes bounced off the Spectre. Spec told him that his power was nothing as compared to the Spectre. Supeboy + Guardian charge up was the most powerful in recent times.