Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    Don't see a reason for her to stay at DC any more.
    Berger notes she is ready for a professional change and is looking forward to pursuing exciting new opportunities.

The writing was on the wall with the Vertigo creator contract changes and the cancellation of "Hellblazer".
    Indeed, it doesn't sound as though she's retiring, just that the restrictions got too much for her.

A true shame, but certainly somewhere worthy will snatch her and her crazy Rolodex up soon.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CSPDX View Post
    Anyone want to put an over/under on the number of month until Vertigo ceases to be a DC Comic imprint?

I'll take the under on 6 months.
    Nah, she's sticking around til 2013.

I'll bet within 3 years the imprint will be gone.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Anyone want to put an over/under on the number of month until Vertigo ceases to be a DC Comic imprint?

I think DC may want to publish new Sandman mini as a Vertigo series, but afterwards it's pretty much end of it. I wonder how it will affect few ongoing series that are still there like Fables.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Well, shit.

I disliked some positions she took over the years, namely defending the awful movie Constantine, even if it's her job as a DC employee, but she oversaw the creation of one of the best bodies of American comics in history. DC as it stands nowadays, with its emphasis on branding and movies and merchandise instead of art and quality, doesn't deserve someone like Karen Berger, and I wish her luck with her next endeavors.

This certainly does seem like the beginning of the end for Vertigo. It's a shame, but the line has shifted in direction in the past few years and this is probably the best thing for all involved.

I'd love to see her set up her own company and do whatever the hell she wants. You look at her resume, she's maybe the best comics editor ever.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

If that's the beginning of the end of Vertigo, I hope Snyder gets to finish American Vampire properly. I love that book!
    As for Berger, she's a great editor and deserves the best!

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    If that's the beginning of the end of Vertigo, I hope Snyder gets to finish American Vampire properly. I love that book!
    As for Berger, she's a great editor and deserves the best!
    It seems like for the rest of its life, Vertigo will be DC's answer to Marvel's Icon: an avenue for creator-owned properties by the company's exclusive writers. I'm sure American Vampire is fine.

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    This certainly does seem like the beginning of the end for Vertigo. It's a shame, but the line has shifted in direction in the past few years and this is probably the best thing for all involved.

I'd love to see her set up her own company and do whatever the hell she wants. You look at her resume, she's maybe the best comics editor ever.
    And there'd be plenty of us who'd follow her there.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended with the Sandman mini.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Fuuuuuuck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    It seems like for the rest of its life, Vertigo will be DC's answer to Marvel's Icon: an avenue for creator-owned properties by the company's exclusive writers. I'm sure American Vampire is fine.
    Yeah I don't think Vertigo will officially get closed down. They'll use it for potential movie pitches or whatever, as well as giving exclusive writers like Lemire/Snyder their creator projects.

Still, the Vertigo that was born from the spiritual movement with Moore's Swamp Thing, Morrison Animal Man, etc. seems to have met its official end.

Wow, even though the writing may have been on the wall, this comes as a big surprise.

Karen has been involved in a lot of my comics reading experiences to date, and I think that she will be missed. I do hope that the imprint is strong enough to continue without her, however what has been delivered in the past will leave a fantastic legacy!

BANNED

Between this and Ben Abernathy, I'm losing a lot of hope for more risky decisions from DC. Just seems like it's going to get more corporate and less creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Between this and Ben Abernathy, I'm losing a lot of hope for more risky decisions from DC. Just seems like it's going to get more corporate and less creative.
    Yeah...the New 52 is headed in such a safe, predictable, and streamlined direction. I still like a handful of books but my enthusiasm is dwindling. They need to be taking more creative risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    I hope Marvel grabs her.
    I hope not. Marvel does weird thing to its editors.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."