Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How will DC fill the space left by the end of Before Watchmen?

This project consisted of 9 titles, seven of which were four or six issues long. How is DC going to replace them? Are the going to do another big initiative like BW where there are several books telling a large story or will they have several unrelated titles. Do you see them letting go of the 52 book limit and adding a few more ongoings or will there be more mini-series?

Any ideas?

I'm not sure they really 'need' to fill it, per se. That's a high yield project that was years in the making, and they expect to make most of their money off of the collected editions, when all is said and done.

It's not the hard and fast thing that the New 52 is.

That said, I suspect that space will be filled with a more directed relaunch of Vertigo; new Sandman from Gaiman and Williams III, at least one or two new minis from Jason Aaron, new Scott Snyder, new Jeff Lemire, the next Seaguy mini from Morrison, perhaps "Collider" which was announced and then left hanging, and hopefully more from the likes of Morrison, Ennis, Azzarello, Kot, etc.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    at least one or two new minis from Jason Aaron
    Is this confirmed?
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by galactica View Post
    This project consisted of 9 titles, seven of which were four or six issues long. How is DC going to replace them? Are the going to do another big initiative like BW where there are several books telling a large story or will they have several unrelated titles. Do you see them letting go of the 52 book limit and adding a few more ongoings or will there be more mini-series?

Any ideas?
    After Watchmen? But really I dont know. Ive enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    After Watchmen? But really I dont know. Ive enjoyed them.
    Yes, I believe there will be a collection of After Watchmen limited series titles.

If sales are good enough, then there will be During Watchmen, which will knock everyone's socks off.

I sound like a bitter BW-hater, but I've actually enjoyed the Straczynski-penned titles, as well as Minutemen (sans the first issue, which had a few tidbits I didn't care for).

They put some top writers/artist on those BW books and you've got to feel they'll move them onto some new 52 books in 2013 to improve the overal quality of that line.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

I don't see the likes of Straczynski or Cooke on an ongoing.

The After Watchmen minis (or any other kind of minis/OGNs) sound more like it.

Watchmen 2

I mean, c'mon. There's money to be made here! Screw Alan Moore!

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    I don't see the likes of Straczynski or Cooke on an ongoing.

The After Watchmen minis (or any other kind of minis/OGNs) sound more like it.
    Cooke, definitely not.

JMS is getting back into monthlies for Image exclusively for now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on some DCU stuff soon, first a few minis here and there and then eventually an ongoing.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Hey, another idea - they go to the next step with Twilight of the Superheroes, whose pitch is DC property.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...e-superheroes/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    Hey, another idea - they go to the next step with Twilight of the Superheroes, whose pitch is DC property.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...e-superheroes/
    That article isn't based on some insider information, it's just some asinine fanboy logic from Rich.

Watchmen 2: Ozymandias Boogaloo
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    That article isn't based on some insider information, it's just some asinine fanboy logic from Rich.
    Yes, that's why it has a question mark in the title - I only used it to illustrate my example. Because after Watchmen it would be the logical next step. This is a speculation thread, isn't it? ;)

Django Unchained is starting up this month

I don't really have any interest in the Watchmen universe per se, but I do have to admit the quality of the books has been very high, and I have grown to kind of like the idea that their mere existence pisses Alan Moore off.

So I'm hoping the Before Watchmen books get followed by After Watchmen and maybe During Watchmen events.