Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1

    Default How will DC fill the space left by the end of Before Watchmen?

    This project consisted of 9 titles, seven of which were four or six issues long. How is DC going to replace them? Are the going to do another big initiative like BW where there are several books telling a large story or will they have several unrelated titles. Do you see them letting go of the 52 book limit and adding a few more ongoings or will there be more mini-series?

    Any ideas?

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm not sure they really 'need' to fill it, per se. That's a high yield project that was years in the making, and they expect to make most of their money off of the collected editions, when all is said and done.

    It's not the hard and fast thing that the New 52 is.

    That said, I suspect that space will be filled with a more directed relaunch of Vertigo; new Sandman from Gaiman and Williams III, at least one or two new minis from Jason Aaron, new Scott Snyder, new Jeff Lemire, the next Seaguy mini from Morrison, perhaps "Collider" which was announced and then left hanging, and hopefully more from the likes of Morrison, Ennis, Azzarello, Kot, etc.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  3. #3
    Veteran Member El Sombrero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    at least one or two new minis from Jason Aaron
    Is this confirmed?
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

    She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

  4. #4
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galactica View Post
    This project consisted of 9 titles, seven of which were four or six issues long. How is DC going to replace them? Are the going to do another big initiative like BW where there are several books telling a large story or will they have several unrelated titles. Do you see them letting go of the 52 book limit and adding a few more ongoings or will there be more mini-series?

    Any ideas?
    After Watchmen? But really I dont know. Ive enjoyed them.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    After Watchmen? But really I dont know. Ive enjoyed them.
    Yes, I believe there will be a collection of After Watchmen limited series titles.

    If sales are good enough, then there will be During Watchmen, which will knock everyone's socks off.

    I sound like a bitter BW-hater, but I've actually enjoyed the Straczynski-penned titles, as well as Minutemen (sans the first issue, which had a few tidbits I didn't care for).

  6. #6

    Default

    They put some top writers/artist on those BW books and you've got to feel they'll move them onto some new 52 books in 2013 to improve the overal quality of that line.
    I support Danny LuVisi's Last Man Standing.

  7. #7
    Senior Member passer-by's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    I don't see the likes of Straczynski or Cooke on an ongoing.

    The After Watchmen minis (or any other kind of minis/OGNs) sound more like it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ViewtifulJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Watchmen 2

    I mean, c'mon. There's money to be made here! Screw Alan Moore!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    I don't see the likes of Straczynski or Cooke on an ongoing.

    The After Watchmen minis (or any other kind of minis/OGNs) sound more like it.
    Cooke, definitely not.

    JMS is getting back into monthlies for Image exclusively for now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on some DCU stuff soon, first a few minis here and there and then eventually an ongoing.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  10. #10
    Senior Member passer-by's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Hey, another idea - they go to the next step with Twilight of the Superheroes, whose pitch is DC property.

    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...e-superheroes/

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    Hey, another idea - they go to the next step with Twilight of the Superheroes, whose pitch is DC property.

    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...e-superheroes/
    That article isn't based on some insider information, it's just some asinine fanboy logic from Rich.

  12. #12
    Wol with it. SuperCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,566

    Default

    Watchmen 2: Ozymandias Boogaloo
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

  13. #13
    Senior Member passer-by's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    3,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    That article isn't based on some insider information, it's just some asinine fanboy logic from Rich.
    Yes, that's why it has a question mark in the title - I only used it to illustrate my example. Because after Watchmen it would be the logical next step. This is a speculation thread, isn't it? ;)

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Django Unchained is starting up this month

  15. #15
    evil maybe, genius no stk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,663

    Default

    I don't really have any interest in the Watchmen universe per se, but I do have to admit the quality of the books has been very high, and I have grown to kind of like the idea that their mere existence pisses Alan Moore off.

    So I'm hoping the Before Watchmen books get followed by After Watchmen and maybe During Watchmen events.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •