Page 39 of 102 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Why does every iteration of Spider-Man need a Harry?

Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post

Just asking.
    Harry and Norman are Spidey's soulmates.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Just asking.
    Because he's Peter's best friend and the son of Peter's greatest enemy.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Don't you mean SOULMATE

And here I was hoping they'd take a cue from the latest issues and cast Bryan Cranston.

He did a great job in Chronicle. Now we just need Norman cast and we'll be good.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

BANNED

Harry and Norman are Spidey's soulmates.
    I don't know. There's so much history to Spider-Man, but I just don't get why they keep focusing on that Goblin story. Just saying, do something new, not the same Harry hates Spider-man and goes evil story again.

Inspired casting choice. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is shaping up to be insanely epic. Here's me hoping they will make more than a trilogy with this cast and director.

I don't know. There's so much history to Spider-Man, but I just don't get why they keep focusing on that Goblin story. Just saying, do something new, not the same Harry hates Spider-man and goes evil story again.
    Because they want to do "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" story. And they want to establish Norman properly. Which means they need Harry. (And they need MJ.)
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Don't you mean SOULMATE
    BRO-MATE!

Harry is important for the mythos, but the way ASM #2 is shaping up I am really wondering if they are going to follow up on Peter's parents or not now. Personally I hope they let it rest.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    BRO-MATE!

Harry is important for the mythos, but the way ASM #2 is shaping up I am really wondering if they are going to follow up on Peter's parents or not now. Personally I hope they let it rest.
    What would make this move even sweeter is for Dan Slott to write this movie. Make it happen, Dan!!!!

Thing is, Peter doesn't have a lot of close male friends, which is one of the reasons they brought Harry back during BND; after Ben Reilly died, Peter was bro-less. (It's probably why some adaptations make Peter and Eddie Brock friends before the black costume enters the picture, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Thing is, Peter doesn't have a lot of close male friends, which is one of the reasons they brought Harry back during BND; after Ben Reilly died, Peter was bro-less. (It's probably why some adaptations make Peter and Eddie Brock friends before the black costume enters the picture, as well.)
    They do that because Eddie Brock literally never appeared before he became Venom.

My Facebook page

They do that because Eddie Brock literally never appeared before he became Venom.
    True, but in Spidey: TAS, he was introduced in an antagonist role. In Ultimate Spider-Man and the Spec. Spidey cartoon, they were buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    True, but in Spidey: TAS, he was introduced in an antagonist role. In Ultimate Spider-Man and the Spec. Spidey cartoon, they were buddies.
    In Spider-Man 3, Eddie had an antagonistic relationship to Peter. So it seems half and half as to where they go with Eddie if he appears Pre-Venom. (Although more people are familiar with TAS and Spider-Man 3 than the short-lived Spectacular cartoon and the Ultimate comics.)

My Facebook page