Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm okay with the costume. But honestly the lack of the red underpants bugs me more than I thought it would, there's nothing to break up all of that blue.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Am I the only one who likes this take? It's a bit closer to the current continuity and Superman: TAS (and Man of Steel) where not everyone trusts the alien in the blue and red suit.

I'm totally OK with people not trusting Supes in the beginning. I just hope that the new trailer (and the movie itself) ramps up the action to 11. Returns was such a snoozefest. It's a huge problem when the most exciting part of your movie happens within the first hour.

I'm okay with not trusting Superman right away, it's kind of a common sense thing that I'm glad is happening. All powerful near-godlike alien comes to our planet and proclaims he's peaceful to us, this is how almost every alien invasion movie starts.

Yeah, I care more about a decent script than Superman's red underpants (which should be a band name, if it isn't already).

Quote Originally Posted by MattBearPig View Post
    I'm totally OK with people not trusting Supes in the beginning. I just hope that the new trailer (and the movie itself) ramps up the action to 11. Returns was such a snoozefest. It's a huge problem when the most exciting part of your movie happens within the first hour.
    Not only happened in the first hour, but happened in the first Superman movie with Christopher Reeve.

Quote Originally Posted by hysang View Post
    Yeah, I care more about a decent script than Superman's red underpants (which should be a band name, if it isn't already).
    Agreed, I can forgive a costume that bugs me a little bit if the movie entertains me (see: Amazing Spider-Man)

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

I'm really looking forward to the movie, but this poster just isn't doing it for me. Can we get something with a bit more pizazz? What was wrong with the picture of him in front of the broken bank vault? That worked.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Agreed, I can forgive a costume that bugs me a little bit if the movie entertains me (see: Amazing Spider-Man)
    Honestly, that costume worked much better onscreen than it did in photos. I actually liked the homemade look of it. I hope he updates it and adds little things like the armpit webs in later movies.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    I'm okay with not trusting Superman right away, it's kind of a common sense thing that I'm glad is happening. All powerful near-godlike alien comes to our planet and proclaims he's peaceful to us, this is how almost every alien invasion movie starts.
    Always found it odd in the comics that lex was the only one who questioned this.
    Maybe because i read so many stories about evil super people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Always found it odd in the comics that lex was the only one who questioned this.
    It's why Lex seeing himself as the hero makes a twisted kind of sense.

Interesting choice for the poster, not something you'd expect from a Superman one. Really curious to see what path they go with the advertising after this!

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

Superman: Birthright.
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

I don't like the quality of the image but I really like what it represents the xenophobia that's been in told in Superman comics for the past couple of years.
    The Main Man.

That's my big issue with it, though now that you bring it up, not loving the color, but i think it's more how it's all bumpy.
    Those things are kind of bad, but his weird, stupid, pseudo belt thing that's built into the suit is the worst part...same with the wrist cuffs, but the belt is much worse.

Also really hate the lens flare in the poster, there's even lens flare coming off the font at the bottom of the poster; because I guess the person who designed the poster heard about how much everyone loved all the lens flare in the Star Trek movie from a few years ago.