Default Green Lantern reading order

I thought the new 52 would a good jumping on point for Green Lantern but I just finished reading issues 1 - 7 and I'm feeling like I'm missing part of the story. My generic Green Lantern information doesn't seem to be enough and i feel like I need to go get some backstory from before the reset to really get it. Any recommendations as to which trades I should start with? Thanks for the help.

If you want the whole thing:

Green Lantern: Rebirth
    No Fear
    Revenge of the Green Lanterns
    Wanted: Hal Jordan
    Sinestro Corps War (Vol 1 & 2)
    Secret Origin (an origin story, you could read before Rebirth or read it here, its original publication order)
    Rage of the Red Lanterns
    Agent Orange
    Blackest Night
    Blackest Night: Green Lantern (read simultaneously with above)
    Green Lantern: Brightest Day
    War of the Green Lanterns

The story really starts to pick up and become relevant with Sinestro Corps War, so you could start there if you want to save money. The last two stories (Brightest Day and War of the Green Lanterns) are pretty bad IMO, but they do directly lead into the new volume.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    If you want the whole thing:

Green Lantern: Rebirth
    No Fear
    Revenge of the Green Lanterns
    Wanted: Hal Jordan
    Sinestro Corps War (Vol 1 & 2)
    Secret Origin (an origin story, you could read before Rebirth or read it here, its original publication order)
    Rage of the Red Lanterns
    Agent Orange
    Blackest Night
    Blackest Night: Green Lantern (read simultaneously with above)
    Green Lantern: Brightest Day
    War of the Green Lanterns

The story really starts to pick up and become relevant with Sinestro Corps War, so you could start there if you want to save money. The last two stories (Brightest Day and War of the Green Lanterns) are pretty bad IMO, but they do directly lead into the new volume.
    Wow this is perfect. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RodSerling View Post
    Wow this is perfect. Thanks so much.
    I would say also, if possible, get Emerald Twilight (Which goes between Secret Origin and Rebirth). It's the story of the fall of Hal Jordan. Only 3 issues or so. Also, there is Green Lantern Corps and Emerald Knights. Both are also good series, and GLC is actually pretty relevant to the continuing story.

Again I will opt for the 10th time to create a sticky about this question :P

http://comics.apphb.com/GreenLantern/Complete/1

full order of 4 volume and the tie in stuff
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Quote Originally Posted by SediarSago View Post
    I would say also, if possible, get Emerald Twilight (Which goes between Secret Origin and Rebirth). It's the story of the fall of Hal Jordan. Only 3 issues or so. Also, there is Green Lantern Corps and Emerald Knights. Both are also good series, and GLC is actually pretty relevant to the continuing story.
    Thanks. My next question was going to be how essential are the books within the green lantern universe. I'll start at the beginning and see where it takes me.

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    Again I will opt for the 10th time to create a sticky about this question :P

http://comics.apphb.com/GreenLantern/Complete/1

full order of 4 volume and the tie in stuff
    I vote for a sticky on that. Very helpful.