Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Rumor: Darkseid Will Menace DC's Heroes in "Justice League"

A new rumor contends Warner Bros.' planned 2015 "Justice League" movie will bring together Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and other DC Comics heavy-hitters to battle Darkseid.

Full article here.

Darkseid's the obvious choice but, he almost seems like a 'too soon' type who should be saved for a sequel or something given his penchant for manipulating things from the shadows. But, part of me thinks Darksied's being used because Avengers 2 has Thanos.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

In the third movie, they can fight the justice leagues biggest villian, darkseid!
    Oops.
    Actually, the only issue with doing him first, is that you have to find a villian more threatening than evil god.

Elder Member

It wouldn't make much sense to use anyone other than Darkseid, really.

Way too soon. Should've been Ares or Brainiac or the like. Darkseid is much more a third-film type villain.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Depending on how things go I hope we get a New Gods spin off from this.

I feel that people might end up complaining that DC/WB's ripping off of Avengers with this. Given that Thanos will be their next villain and Darkseid's possibly gonna be the JLA's villain. Personally I don't care as long as they make him interesting. Don't make him be some guy who possesses people like Smallville did
    Last edited by Legato; 12-03-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

I say go for it, and then the fanboys can gripe about how JL is trying to follow in Avengers footsteps and totally missing the mark. AND all the rest of the world will just see JL as an Avengers ripoff. They really cannot win since Marvel did it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    I say go for it, and then the fanboys can gripe about how JL is trying to follow in Avengers footsteps and totally missing the mark. AND all the rest of the world will just see JL as an Avengers ripoff. They really cannot win since Marvel did it first.
    Fanboys are going to complain even if they had The Anti-Monitor as their main villain, when it's announced about the JLA movie comic fanboys were quick to call fail because it will never match their 'perfect' superhero film Avengers despite that we haven't even have a casting announcement nor a trailer to back up the accusations of the movie failing. Hell they're already complaning on JLA not taking the Marvel Movieverse route by making individual movies of The Justice League and build it to one big movie. As I've said before comic fans can be a unpleasing fanbase sometimes. Yet at this point it's not about the comic fans, eventhough they'll go see it just to see if it's good or not. It's about using this movie as a way to possibly attract new comic readers. They see the movie then it might cause them to go pick up the comics involving the Justice League
    Last edited by Legato; 12-03-2012 at 10:35 AM.

If fanboys are going to complaign about something they should whine about how the comic has sucked more often than not for the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    If fanboys are going to complaign about something they should whine about how the comic has sucked more often than not for the last decade.
    That and how the animated movies and tv shows featuring them have been better than the comic

Giving it a little further thought, I like Darkseid as a potential movie villain but for a first-movie villain its way too much.

Not only are you going to have to do abbreviated introductions for the heroes who aren't commonly known to audiences (pretty much everyone besides Batman and Superman), you also have to introduce Apokalypse and the New Gods and somehow cram that into the run-time of the movie in order to give people a somewhat decent idea of what and who Darkseid is. I could see the movie getting crammed super easy.

People people...you gotta take the power back! You all know Darkseid came first. You all know he exists and is a mainline JLA baddie. So, even if the Avengers movie does it first, you know deep down that Darkseid was always a mainline baddie for the JLA and that DC is not just trying to replicate the Avengers fame.

Or even if they are, who cares? Let's just hope that both movies are awesome.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    Giving it a little further thought, I like Darkseid as a potential movie villain but for a first-movie villain its way too much.

Not only are you going to have to do abbreviated introductions for the heroes who aren't commonly known to audiences (pretty much everyone besides Batman and Superman), you also have to introduce Apokalypse and the New Gods and somehow cram that into the run-time of the movie in order to give people a somewhat decent idea of what and who Darkseid is. I could see the movie getting crammed super easy.
    That was what i was thinking.
    You have to do Darkseid because he's DC's big bad guy.
    But had they done this like they did the Marvel movies, you could easily do an injustice gang situation, then do Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    People people...you gotta take the power back! You all know Darkseid came first. You all know he exists and is a mainline JLA baddie. So, even if the Avengers movie does it first, you know deep down that Darkseid was always a mainline baddie for the JLA and that DC is not just trying to replicate the Avengers fame.

Or even if they are, who cares? Let's just hope that both movies are awesome.
    I've been saying this the minute I've heard that theres going to be a JLA movie

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That was what i was thinking.
    You have to do Darkseid because he's DC's big bad guy.
    But had they done this like they did the Marvel movies, you could easily do an injustice gang situation, then do Darkseid.
    Yeah, Injustice Gang or Brainiac are more logical first movie villains to fight the Justice League. The other problem I think you have with Darkseid is that you run the risk of rendering alot of the JLA heroes useless when it comes time to have the big final showdown.