Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wolverine as the main character or otherwise I'd just wait til it hits cable

I just think it needs to be taken slow. And not try and introduce 1000 characters in one movie.
    X1 should just focus on the o5 mags and the brotherhood.
    X2 giant size x men, introducing wolverine storm and maybe sentinels
    X3 90s tv series cast who everyone still knows and loves. Enter apocalypse, or sinister

Most important, keeping focus on all x men, just like avengers. Oh and costumes

No need for characters like Polaris and pixie and all the nobodies, they just won't work well on screen.

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    I just think it needs to be taken slow. And not try and introduce 1000 characters in one movie.
    X1 should just focus on the o5 mags and the brotherhood.
    X2 giant size x men, introducing wolverine storm and maybe sentinels
    X3 90s tv series cast who everyone still knows and loves. Enter apocalypse, or sinister

Most important, keeping focus on all x men, just like avengers. Oh and costumes

No need for characters like Polaris and pixie and all the nobodies, they just won't work well on screen.
    Terrible ideas! Magneto has been done to death: he's the focus of ever movie (except for the Wolverine ones).

The O5 together have never been popular- their book was canceled. No acclaimed/lauded runs or series have ever starred them.

There is a lot to gain from introducing new, less popular characters: sometimes they blow up to be huge stars. Iron Man was C-level in popularity before his movie (Marvel formed it's own studio because Paramount didn't want to spend money on such a small-time character). Heck, Boba-Fett only had like 4 minutes of screen time in the original trilogy and now he's getting his own movie!

Using the 90's t.v. show cast is a good call, as is the idea of giving every character equal screen time. But you've got to throw minor cameos in there to keep fans happy and to fish for potential new stars.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Things started to go south in First Class for me once they killed Darwin, the guy whose power is to evolve to survive anything.
    He'll be back. Resurrecting any other character would have been a cop-out. Well, except for maybe the Multiple Man. Which is probably why they were going to use the Multiple Man in the first place, now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarsco View Post
    I own in one form or another almost every X-Men comic ever published (thank you mid-2000s Marvel for those DVDs). Probably more than half my collection is X-Men stuff. I've been a fan basically my entire life thanks to the cartoons. I do not feel "short-changed" in the slightest, especially by X-Men First Class. I don't care about whether or not it follows the story of the comics or who is in it. I want a good story that works as a film and captures the themes of community, tolerance, and family that make the X-Men great. The first two were decent enough, and First Class nailed it.
    No offense, but while you have a right to your opinion, it doesn't totally invalidate everyone else either. The fact that First Class absolutely shattered continuity not only within the franchise, but also in any similarities it may have had to to the comics themselves, is a common complaint, even from those (like myself) who really liked that movie.

Most fans (though not all) like their comic movies to resemble the stories that they are based off of.

As for me, I would appreciate a soft reboot coming out of DoFP, like others have said. But I would also like that reboot to have a lot of the features mentioned in the opening post.

-Focus more on Scott. He's the leader and many of the X-men's biggest stories have revolved around him. Bare minimum, don't make him a complete tool. That's all I ask.

-less focus on wolverine. Wolverine is one of my favorite members OF THE TEAM. I'm fine with him having a whole solo franchise of movies. Have at it. But when the movie is called X-men, make it about the X-men. Leave that one-man show stuff for his solo movies.

-bring in some other characters and (for the most part) cast your actors better. Barring basically the two Xaviers, two Magnetos, and (kind of) Hugh Jackman, the X-men movies have somewhere between bad casting and just average casting. Try to do better. Most memorable comic movie stars are memorable because they nail the part. There are a few exceptions like Jackman who is (in reality) a TERRIBLE choice to play wolverine but just does it so well that you don't care, but in general it's better to cast more memorable actors. Avengers has shown this.

-DIFFERENT VILLAINS, X-men has probably the 3rd or 4th best rogues gallery in comics, use it. This is not Superman, where it really is an issue because he only has 3 or so good villains. The X-men have MANY, it's just that Magneto is SO popular compared to the others that film producers don't notice the others for all the dollar signs in their way.
    Pull List: Uncanny X-men, All-New X-men, X-force, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, X-men, Superior Spider-man, Amazing X-men, All-New X-factor (updated ahead)

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Has anyone found any scraps of news on the Internet about Marvel and Disney using the heaps of $$$$$$ from The Avengers to try wrenching the X-Men from Fox's hands?
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Has anyone found any scraps of news on the Internet about Marvel and Disney using the heaps of $$$$$$ from The Avengers to try wrenching the X-Men from Fox's hands?
    No, that would take a LOT of money. If anything, it looks like Marvel is 1. open to crossovers but fox isn't really and 2. Marvel isnow positioning the Inhumans to take that place in their cinematic universe.

Which is infuriating. X-men is still pound for pound one of the top, if not the top selling franchise they have in the books yet thanks to the stupid film rights crap they act like 'it's time has passed' and 'these things are cyclical' which is bullcrap. Yes, the Avengers are on a roll, but most of this idea that they've dethroned the X-men's popularity (in the comics) is an artificial party line that Marvel itself is pushing. It's not a reality born out by numbers for the most part.
    Pull List: Uncanny X-men, All-New X-men, X-force, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, X-men, Superior Spider-man, Amazing X-men, All-New X-factor (updated ahead)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex A Sanchez View Post
    Terrible ideas! Magneto has been done to death: he's the focus of ever movie (except for the Wolverine ones).

The O5 together have never been popular- their book was canceled. No acclaimed/lauded runs or series have ever starred them.

There is a lot to gain from introducing new, less popular characters: sometimes they blow up to be huge stars. Iron Man was C-level in popularity before his movie (Marvel formed it's own studio because Paramount didn't want to spend money on such a small-time character). Heck, Boba-Fett only had like 4 minutes of screen time in the original trilogy and now he's getting his own movie!

Using the 90's t.v. show cast is a good call, as is the idea of giving every character equal screen time. But you've got to throw minor cameos in there to keep fans happy and to fish for potential new stars.

He'll be back. Resurrecting any other character would have been a cop-out. Well, except for maybe the Multiple Man. Which is probably why they were going to use the Multiple Man in the first place, now that I think about it.
    Mags has only been done to death because fox destroyed him. He needs to be in x movies. A reboot would allow a fresh new take on all characters. Everyone that's supposedly been done to death won't matter if the movies are done well, and stay somewhat true to the comics...magneto has a huge fan base, more than most villains in marvel.

The o5 are the foundations of the x men. If not a full movie for them, then as someone mentioned earlier, have them appear through flashback. They need to be addressed as the original x men. For gods sake, they can not go off the rails again when it comes to x men history. It needs to resemble the comics in some way.

Cameos are ok, as long as they are kept as cameos that's all. There's to many b c d list x men, it would just make the movie way to messy if they all got a big part...

You know what. I just would be happy if the rights were back in marvels hands...I'd trust whatever they planned to do..
    Even if they dropped the avengers franchise and started working on x men, I'd be happy. Fox movies are average at best. And it's a shame that they even continue to milk them

Question, who do the shiar empire belong to? Fox or marvel?

they should use shark-girl.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Just don't kill off the black guy... again.

I get the feeling Bishop wouldn't make it past the opening credits.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Joss Whedon needs to do an Astonishing X-Men stand alone film

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

he was the only black guy and they already had another minority, so you knew he was going to die right out the gate.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Mags has only been done to death because fox destroyed him. He needs to be in x movies. A reboot would allow a fresh new take on all characters. Everyone that's supposedly been done to death won't matter if the movies are done well, and stay somewhat true to the comics...magneto has a huge fan base, more than most villains in marvel.

The o5 are the foundations of the x men. If not a full movie for them, then as someone mentioned earlier, have them appear through flashback. They need to be addressed as the original x men. For gods sake, they can not go off the rails again when it comes to x men history. It needs to resemble the comics in some way.

Cameos are ok, as long as they are kept as cameos that's all. There's to many b c d list x men, it would just make the movie way to messy if they all got a big part...
    Magneto was the best part of the Fox movies! It's the one thing that most people agree on was done well. Ian McKellen did an amazing job, as did Michael Faasbender. I'm a fan of the character, and as a fan I'm very satisfied with seeing him on the screen. I don't think a reboot will do a better job than has already been done, and if they are going to reboot I would hope they would move on to one of the many, many other excellent x-Villains instead of doing a crappier version of what has already been done. Now, if they turned Magneto into a teacher at the school like he was in the comics, that would work well. But as a villain, I'm ready for something new.

That's a much better idea: to have the O5 referenced or acknowledged as the original students while the movie stars newer characters. It's one thing to acknowledge the comics' history, but you don't want to sacrifice quality in order to do so.

You know what. I just would be happy if the rights were back in marvels hands...I'd trust whatever they planned to do..
    Even if they dropped the avengers franchise and started working on x men, I'd be happy. Fox movies are average at best. And it's a shame that they even continue to milk them
    See... this is what urks me about so many x-fans. Everyone is jealous because the Avengers are in the spotlight (I know I am), and they want Marvel to make the X-Men popular again.

The two problems with this ever happening: Joe Quesada is a very influential person at Marvel, and he's always favored the Avengers over the X-Men. Marvel isn't going to give the X-Men the same level of care and attention that they give the Avengers, even if they had ownership. Second, Marvel doesn't have the time or resources to focus on other franchises: they've got so many projects on their hands at the moment that they would wait half a decade at least before giving us an X-Men movie proper.

The only possible way we are going to see X-Men movies this decade is if Fox makes them. People across the Internet have been complaining that "Fox is just trying to copy the Avengers". OF COURSE THEY ARE. Bryan Singer even said that he was trying to copy it. We want it to happen too. Everyone wants to see a fully expanded X-Cinematic Universe. And ever since First Class, it seems that Fox (or at least people working for Fox) have been making small movements in the right direction. We just have to keep letting Singer and whoever know when they are getting things right so they can continue in that direction. DoFP should fix all of the continuity and tie things closer to the comics. If it doesn't, well... hopefully it fails.

In the meantime, it really seems like DoFP could be what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrx807 View Post
    Joss Whedon needs to do an Astonishing X-Men stand alone film
    Well, at least it would make the others look good, by comparison.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex A Sanchez View Post
    Magneto was the best part of the Fox movies! It's the one thing that most people agree on was done well. Ian McKellen did an amazing job, as did Michael Faasbender. I'm a fan of the character, and as a fan I'm very satisfied with seeing him on the screen. I don't think a reboot will do a better job than has already been done, and if they are going to reboot I would hope they would move on to one of the many, many other excellent x-Villains instead of doing a crappier version of what has already been done. Now, if they turned Magneto into a teacher at the school like he was in the comics, that would work well. But as a villain, I'm ready for something new.
    After seeing how great Faasbender was I kinda don't really like McKellens version that much anymore. I think young Magneto was just so much better. Comparing the two its like old Magneto lost that scary spark that young Magneto had in First Class. Original triology Mags just does not come off as being that scary or willing and able to do what he thinks needs to be done as much as the First Class version did.

Young Magneto - man of action
    Old Magneto - long speeches and using his powers in dumb ways