Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    Hmm, I cannot seem to find that. The article seems to indicate that Hardman is a writer on the title:

as well as the OP in this thread:

I did not know Hardman was an artist, so maybe it's just a typo on CBRs part. :-)

I'm co-writing Star Wars: Legacy with Corinna Bechko (as we have on our Planet of the Apes books) and I'm drawing the book as well. Also very excited to be doing it, I might add.

Thanks!

Gabriel Hardman

Woah! Author posting on a board

Can you tell us something more about the book?

oh, i missed that. yeah, Gabrial Hardman is an artist, did a recent run on Secret Avengers... oops, late post is late.

thanks for the clarification!
    ~a

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infestor View Post
    I didn't expect this. I loved the first Legacy so I'll definitely check it out.
    It looks to me like its only Legacy in NAME, the only related thread to the previous series it being in the same era.

No Cade Skywalker, Sith or Imperials to appear? Pass, then.

When is Dark Horse's SW license up? I'm curious to see what Marvel will do w/the franchise...
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Quote Originally Posted by mesjarch View Post
    Can you tell us something more about the book?
    There will be a longer article soon so I'll save the details for that. But thanks for asking!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    I did not read the original legacy series, but think I might get in on the ground floor with this one. How are Wilkins' interiors, assuming he is going to be the series artist?
    The original Legacy is one of the classics of the EU. Probably the best Star Wars comic series Dark Horse has published.

Quote Originally Posted by coldwarmyth View Post
    I wish them all the best of Luke, er, luck with this relaunch.

I'll pass for a couple of reasons

a) that it was a fluke I wound up enjoying Cade as much as I did (by and large, I'm not into reading exploits of Luke, Leia and Han past the original trilogy, including their descendants.)

and b) it's not John and Jan.

Outside of the Wheatley illustrated Dark Times series, I haven't pursued any SW EU material (comics or otherwise) unless it's by Ostrander and Duursema.

All that said, do something with Obi-Wan Kenobi specifically and I will definitely check into it.
    I think you're making a mistake skipping anything that isn't by John and Jan. John Jackson Miller's Knights of the Old Republic was a nice spiritual match to the Original Trilogy Dark Horse has done. It was just a great, fun adventure.

And speaking of Miller, he's writing an Obi-Wan novel.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    The original Legacy is one of the classics of the EU. Probably the best Star Wars comic series Dark Horse has published.
    agreed, although I'd put pretty much anything John and Jan have done together up there (i haven't read DotJ yet though). but there parts of Republic during the original Clone Wars was just superb. far better than the films.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I think you're making a mistake skipping anything that isn't by John and Jan. John Jackson Miller's Knights of the Old Republic was a nice spiritual match to the Original Trilogy Dark Horse has done. It was just a great, fun adventure.

And speaking of Miller, he's writing an Obi-Wan novel.
    i only read a handful of issues (and some of his Iron Man run) but i could never get into JJMs writing. it's been too long, so i can't recall what bugged me about it, but both he and Hayden Blackman never did much for me.

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHardman View Post
    I'm co-writing Star Wars: Legacy with Corinna Bechko (as we have on our Planet of the Apes books) and I'm drawing the book as well. Also very excited to be doing it, I might add.

Thanks!

Gabriel Hardman
    i've been loving your work with Corinna on the planet of the apes books, i'm hoping cataclysm will continue on for awhile. i haven't read the previous legacy series, but i think i will be checking this out.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    i've been loving your work with Corinna on the planet of the apes books, i'm hoping cataclysm will continue on for awhile. i haven't read the previous legacy series, but i think i will be checking this out.
    Thanks! Planet of the Apes:Cataclysm is an ongoing and we're still happily writing it. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy Legacy! Wer're trying to make our first issue a good jumping on point.

GH

Interesting nice to see a mon cal onto cover looks like the diversity from legacy will continue hope it applies to humans

I suppose my big question is when this takes place relative to the first legacy
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

Wait, wait, wait...so I'm taking it that this is NOT Marisiah Fel on the cover, since she doesn't have the trademark white streak in her hair. So who is this...a distant cousin? I guess we'll find out. Maybe she's a descendant of Jacen Solo's daughter.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

Quote Originally Posted by mesjarch View Post
    Well Jaina and Jag did get married in the last FOTJ book and upcoming Sword of the Jedi trilogy they are going to be main characters with other new generation character taking the lead from the Big Three. And Jag is no longer the Imperial Head of State but we know from Legacy that he was the first Fel Emperor.
    Dude, spoilers! I Haven't finished Fate of The Jedi yet.

Quote Originally Posted by steings View Post
    Blastermaster and mesjarch are overlooking that Han Solo and Leia Organa already have one granddaughter. The lead character could be Jacen's granddaughter, not Jainia's. The article also doesn't say that the last name of the protagonist is Solo, Fel, or something else.
    Yeah, I forgot about her. So we'll have to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    I am excite
    I am concur

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Dude, spoilers! I Haven't finished Fate of The Jedi yet.
    Come on, if you read the first Legacy series then it should not be much of a spoiler!